The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 8 September 2022, 02:43 PM   #1
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

Tudor Harrods

Is this watch still in production? Can I walk into Harrod’s and get one?
bluestreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2022, 03:44 PM   #2
Django_
"TRF" Member

Rumors are it will soon be discontinued but yes its in production, no you can't just walk in and buy one.

My wife and I both put ourselves on the waitlist back in Feb. We were told at least 8-12 month wait. Lo and behold 8 months later a couple days apart we got both got the e-mail.

I'm considering purchasing both, its just a matter of finding a friend in London to do the pick up. They have to be paid for and picked up in person at the store however you can appoint someone to collect on your behalf.
Django_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2022, 03:44 PM   #3
BLNR Nairobi
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestreak View Post
I got one a month ago.

You can walk in and get one, or you can be told it will take a long time on a wait list. It depends on how one engages with the sales staff. Come across as a gent/lady, have an honest discussion with them, be nice, be proper, and show that you are a genuine person with genuine interest - and you can walk out with a Pelagos FXD, LHD, and the Tudor BB green bezel. Show up and act like most people (do you have this/that/now), and chances are against you. The Harrods AD has AMAZING people. Most ADs actually have good people - there are definitely exceptions, but most AD staff will treat you as a human being if you treat them as a human being.

Btw, my approach has resulted in walk-in offers from other ADs that include an LVc, BLNR, 116500 Black, SD43. You’d be surprised how often good AD staff are inundated by people who barge in making demands, and how refreshing it is when they meet someone who is genuinely interested and talks well to them. The only reference I’ve fallen short on (that I wanted) was the Speedmaster 321 movement model, and the particular Omega AD I was talking to bent over backwards to try to source it for me before I traveled, but couldn’t due to allocation issues.

Sure, some things are luck - but others are simply being a good person and having a good conversation.

That’s why I just came from a snorkeling vacation with the wife that I posted here where we both wore FXDs (that some say are hard to source but in reality are not). Simply taking nicely to someone usually has great benefits - especially since most other people do not and thus you end up having VERY little competition. Some years back before I could afford paying for business class seats I would often get upgraded simply by being nice and smiling. Works with watches as well. :)

As my avatar shows, even gets lions to lick you. ��
BLNR Nairobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2022, 03:54 PM   #4
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Generally, no. You’ll need to register, and they’ll email you when the watch is in. Then you have 48 hours, I believe, to pay in full and collect.

That’s my experience, unless things have changed
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2022, 03:58 PM   #5
Django_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairn1980 View Post
Generally, no. You’ll need to register, and they’ll email you when the watch is in. Then you have 48 hours, I believe, to pay in full and collect.

That’s my experience, unless things have changed
Its 7 days inclusive of weekends which they may extend to 10-12 days. I literally just got the e-mail 3 days ago.

Buddy above your post sounds pretty hard to believe saying you can just walk in and be offered this and that.

I've purchased 4 Rolex, 4 Tudor and 2 Cartier in the past year, which is hefty for my first year of getting into watches. 3 of the Rolex being professional models, 2 in SS. Walking in and being offered a BLNR and Daytona as new client/normal person just isn't realistic in my 'limited' experience. After all those purchases nothing was ever offered just walking in through the door and being 'nice'.
Old 8 September 2022, 04:30 PM   #6
BLNR Nairobi
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Django_ View Post
Its 7 days inclusive of weekends which they may extend to 10-12 days. I literally just got the e-mail 3 days ago.

Buddy above your post sounds pretty hard to believe saying you can just walk in and be offered this and that.

I've purchased 4 Rolex, 4 Tudor and 2 Cartier in the past year, which is hefty for my first year of getting into watches. 3 of the Rolex being professional models, 2 in SS. Walking in and being offered a BLNR and Daytona as new client/normal person just isn't realistic in my 'limited' experience. After all those purchases nothing was ever offered just walking in through the door and being 'nice'.
Maybe I’m just lucky or there just might be something to it. I have no reason to lie - I’ve only been here since 2017 and while I have just over 1K posts I’ve only started 6-7 threads.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=781818

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=866551

Now, I’m not saying someone can just waltz in and walk out with a Daytona or a BLRO. Especially in the larger markets (as a caveat, for the Rolex references that has been at smaller ADs). Doing so and the AD will suspect you have sunstroke or have been partaking of peyote or whatever the young people are doing these days! And no, it will not just be offered because someone walks in. However, being nice and treating people well can definitely dislodge some interesting stuff - you’d be surprised what ADs have at the back. And how someone can stand out if they are not the usual type that walk in with a ‘list’ of demands (there are some people that literally hand ADs a printed document that starts with a ‘John Mayer Daytona’ at the top end and a Meteorite GMT II at the bottom).
BLNR Nairobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2022, 04:33 PM   #7
TimepieceRPP
"TRF" Member

Congrats to those who got it. I remember I have asked this in last March and since then I haven't received anything. Guess I am not serious or genuine customer they perceive. haha. Anyway, I can be bothered.
TimepieceRPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2022, 07:31 PM   #8
jimcarver
"TRF" Member

Can anyone that has received the email confirming its ready let me know the email address, or confirm it includes "Harrods" so I can confirm I haven't received it.

I have email confirmation that I was added to the list in August 2020.....2 years later I still haven't heard back. I assume it's an error and I have been forgotten about, it hasn't bothered me for a while as I haven't been back to London much but will be back in December and want to chase it up. I just want to do another email search in case I have just missed the mail.
jimcarver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2022, 09:15 PM   #9
Sprezzatura!,
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimepieceRPP View Post
Congrats to those who got it. I remember I have asked this in last March and since then I haven't received anything. Guess I am not serious or genuine customer they perceive. haha. Anyway, I can be bothered.
It’s not you, so don’t worry.

I was in the same boat. No call after the 12 month specified period, yet saw another member here saying they got the email/call with a shorter wait.

I sent an email asking what was going on. They told me to come in and collect one immediately.
Sprezzatura!, is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 September 2022, 11:06 PM   #10
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the replies. So it looks like this isn’t something one can pick up on a trip to London.
Old 8 September 2022, 11:36 PM   #11
Django_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcarver View Post
Can anyone that has received the email confirming its ready let me know the email address, or confirm it includes "Harrods" so I can confirm I haven't received it.
It was
Old 9 September 2022, 01:16 AM   #12
Django_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Django_ View Post
It was
this forum was acting up on my phone.

posting from a pc now. It was my SA's first name then last name at harrods dot com (even now whenever I try to type out an e-mail it won't let me post)

If you DM me your e-mail I can send you a screen shot of the body of the e-mail and you can contact him directly to follow up.
Old 9 September 2022, 02:18 AM   #13
TimepieceRPP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprezzatura!, View Post
It’s not you, so don’t worry.

I was in the same boat. No call after the 12 month specified period, yet saw another member here saying they got the email/call with a shorter wait.

I sent an email asking what was going on. They told me to come in and collect one immediately.
Oh really?! Congrats to you. I am so glad for you.
I am sure they know me so well as I am really not a serious customer. haha. I will pass it as Tudor has just the price up. I have moved to another brands.
Old 9 September 2022, 02:48 AM   #14
yankeeromeo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I put my name down in August 2021 and this was my purchase
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220908-174709_Gallery.jpg (104.1 KB, 2261 views)
yankeeromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2022, 02:48 AM   #15
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

How does one register for this watch?
Old 9 September 2022, 02:56 AM   #16
Sprezzatura!,
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimepieceRPP View Post
Oh really?! Congrats to you. I am so glad for you.
I am sure they know me so well as I am really not a serious customer. haha. I will pass it as Tudor has just the price up. I have moved to another brands.
I actually passed on it. Was much larger than anticipated in the end.
Old 9 September 2022, 03:33 AM   #17
yankeeromeo
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
How does one register for this watch?
Phone harrods ask for tudor

I think it was called fine jewellery department or similar
yankeeromeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2022, 04:57 AM   #18
TimepieceRPP
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I actually passed on it. Was much larger than anticipated in the end.
Good for you.
Old 9 September 2022, 05:11 AM   #19
mattidk
"TRF" Member

I was in Harrod’s 2 weeks ago and it sits there in the window with no sign of exhibition piece, i thought it just for sell not many people look or try it so
mattidk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2022, 08:43 AM   #20
RootBear
"TRF" Member

Happy to pick up and send to you. PM me if interested.
RootBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2022, 04:08 PM   #21
Nairn1980
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattidk View Post
I was in Harrod’s 2 weeks ago and it sits there in the window with no sign of exhibition piece, i thought it just for sell not many people look or try it so
No, it’s an exhibition piece.
Nairn1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2022, 11:04 PM   #22
Dee_147
"TRF" Member

Just picked mine up earlier this week after a 6 month wait. #98xx numbered watch. Told by SA it will be discontinued at 10,000. If true, we’re almost there.

You can register via the following email:
FineWatchRoom@harrods.com

Informed by the SA they do not get weekly deliveries but when they do get a delivery it consists of 30-40 pieces at a time.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dee_147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2022, 04:02 AM   #23
terrywoods
"TRF" Member

For the money it’s a great watch

High production run but still lower than a standard BB
terrywoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2022, 04:21 AM   #24
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

I just wrote them. They said an 8-10 month wait. If they ever call me, I’ll figure out how to get it. Either a weekend trip to London or finding a friend on here.
Old 10 September 2022, 04:41 AM   #25
train-time
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I just wrote them. They said an 8-10 month wait. If they ever call me, I’ll figure out how to get it. Either a weekend trip to London or finding a friend on here.
Excellent! This is very attractive watch
train-time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2022, 04:45 AM   #26
Sprezzatura!,
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RootBear View Post
Happy to pick up and send to you. PM me if interested.

New member and one post! What an offer.
Old 10 September 2022, 05:30 AM   #27
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

Quote:

New member and one post! What an offer.

I wasn’t going to say anything, but yeah…
Old 10 September 2022, 06:22 AM   #28
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

I just spoke to a friend that goes there once a month. So hopefully timing will work if I ever get call.
Old 10 September 2022, 04:55 PM   #29
Manamana
"TRF" Member

I takes about 6 months on average, I'm sure some got it in less time during Covid, especially Brits as there was less travel to UK, and some declined their allocation. I do believe it will be discontinued at 10,000. Wonder which Tudor or other brand will be the next Harrods watch. It's a beautiful shade of green, really special color and watch.
Manamana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 September 2022, 05:09 PM   #30
Manamana
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee_147 View Post
Just picked mine up earlier this week after a 6 month wait. #98xx numbered watch. Told by SA it will be discontinued at 10,000. If true, we’re almost there.

You can register via the following email:
FineWatchRoom@harrods.com

Informed by the SA they do not get weekly deliveries but when they do get a delivery it consists of 30-40 pieces at a time.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My friend got 984x so getting close to 10,000. Also 6 months wait
Manamana is offline   Reply With Quote