The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26 August 2005, 08:12 AM   #1
maverick
Banned

Watch: Rolex
What Rolex SHOULD do, from past threads>

Since we all 'know' what Rolex should do and how to do it I have compiled a partial list mostly from past threads on this subject and have thrown in a few myself. We'll get 'em straightened out. =) maverick

1. Rolex should do this immediately.
2. Make all bracelets solid center links and Daytona type clasps and triple production on the SS model so we can all have one.
3. All watches should be totally exact, not loosing or gaining any time at all. If it needs adjustment, which it never should, Rolex should do it for free anytime. For the price they charge, they should do it at your home of office.
4. All models should be changed or updated to look different so you can tell them apart from older models or “vintage” which were the REAL Rolex watches.
5. The minimum size should be 44mm and up to 50mm+ so it will stand out and not look too small at 40mm. (Like a ladies watch)
6. Orange, lime green, florescent or whatever colors should be bezel and dial options on all models.
7. Immediately reduce the price to something reasonable like 600.00 for SS Professional models, 800.00 for TT and 1000.00 for solid gold or platinum.
8. There is no room for error. Every watch that leaves Rolex should NEVER have any imperfections or over looked mistakes. There is no excuse for this. They only make about 800,000+ per year.
9. Dials, bracelets, whatever should be customizable and interchangeable to whatever the customer wants. After all, the customer is the one paying.
10. Rolex service centers are too expensive and their work sucks. Why can’t they fix every watch faster and perfectly and for much less money?
11. All authorized dealers and their salespeople should be trained so they will always know more than the customer. Regardless how the customer is dressed or acts, the AD should always kiss their a$$. After all, they are the customers and the sales people should ‘sense’ their net worth and intentions.
12. New advertising is needed. Chuck Yeager, Arnold Palmer, Phil Nickelson, Jackie Stewart, etc. are all too old to represent Rolex. They need Tiger Woods back, along with the Hilton sisters, Jo Lo, some rap stars, and other younger representatives. (Brad Pitt is too old now)
13. Rolex should sell their parts to anyone who wants to fiddle with their watches. They should keep a complete parts inventory for all watches ever made and never run out of anything.
14. Wholesale prices should be easily obtained so we know how much to try and get off the MSRP.
15. A non cyclops option for all watches.
16. Daytonas sould have a date feature.
17. Everyone knows that the Internet is the future so Rolex should start selling off the Internet on a completely re-designed web site with all models and all dial options visible to the viewer. Just put your Rolex/Rolex-es in your shopping cart and ‘keep shopping’ or ‘check-out’. A simple CC number, address and now your new SS Daytona or plat DD is on it’s way.
18. All Rolex boxes should be made of exotic woods, finely hand polished to a beautiful luster.
19. Lastly, just one word, Infomercials. Patrick Heiniger would be great doing Rolex infomercials real late at night or on Sunday mornings. It would be almost as good as watching Popel spray paint bald heads black to appear as if they had hair. Rolex could make a killing off those spots. Rolex will show those Omega people how to sell a product. I have no idea how anyone buys a Patek. I have never in my life seen a Patek commercial on TV. How stupid can they be?

Last edited by maverick; 26 August 2005 at 08:19 AM..
maverick is offline   Reply With Quote