The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 8 January 2017, 08:42 AM   #1
Olako
"TRF" Member

Jubilee for 16750

Hello people.

I am new here, and hope I am doing things the right way :)

One of the favorites in my collection is my birthyear(1984) GMT 16750. Its on its original oyster bracelet, but the more I think about it, the more I feel that jubilee is the nicest bracelet for older GMTs.

My question is: What ref jubilee bracelet will fit on my watch? It doesnt have to be from the correct year, since I already have the original oyster. It just has to fit and look good. Seems like 62510H with 550 endlinks is the correct way to go. But 550s are so hard to find, and the price is therefore pretty high. I read on different salesposts that 455(DJ36) and 555(DJ36) will work, and also 502x. Can I please get this confirmed from you experts?

Thanks alot if someone can help me with some answers. Have a good week end
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6497.jpg (85.2 KB, 651 views)
Olako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2017, 10:24 AM   #2
Franks07
2024 Pledge Member

Hello and welcome here!
While far from an expert (and I'm sure "Springer" and other experts will weigh in shortly...if it were me I would be patient and seek out a correct Jubilee with the correct end links for such a nice GMT specimen! The correct setup I ore expensive but will enhance your watch's value accordingly...just my .02 as I recently dealt with the same issue and decided to source a correct GMT Jubilee and am glad I did.
Franks07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2017, 10:36 AM   #3
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
Welcome to the forum. Beautiful watch!
A standard DJ jubilee will fit but spring bars are 1.8 instead of 2.0mm. I have used a 62510H with 455 ends and shoulder less 1.8's on a 1675 and it worked fine.
Ideally you want a 62510 with a 55 stamped on the last link near the end link and 550's. These were made for the GMT and take 2mm bars. They are hard to source and expensive but ideal.
My GMT was an MKI so I used an old folded jubilee from the late 60's with 55 end links. It took 2mm bars and was the most comfortable bracelet I have ever used. It would also work on yours but is not period correct.
Ty: By height.
droptopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2017, 01:18 PM   #4
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by droptopman View Post
Welcome to the forum. Beautiful watch!
A standard DJ jubilee will fit but spring bars are 1.8 instead of 2.0mm. I have used a 62510H with 455 ends and shoulder less 1.8's on a 1675 and it worked fine.
Ideally you want a 62510 with a 55 stamped on the last link near the end link and 550's. These were made for the GMT and take 2mm bars. They are hard to source and expensive but ideal.
My GMT was an MKI so I used an old folded jubilee from the late 60's with 55 end links. It took 2mm bars and was the most comfortable bracelet I have ever used. It would also work on yours but is not period correct.
A quick correction if I may.... the D link Jubilee 62510 bracelet for a GMT 16750 is marked 50 on the last link, not 55. The correct end links for the bracelet fit to a GMT 16750 would be 550.

Additionally, the older 6251 SWISS Jubilee does not have the 50 designation stamped on the last link - the are no identifying number stamps on the last link of a 6251 Jubilee. On a vintage GMT utilizing the 6251 Jubilee, the correct end links would be marked 50 not 55. The Datejust and similar models utilized the 55 end links with the 6251 Jubilee.

I see several sellers claiming the 55 end links are correct for the GMTs and, while they will work, the GMT used the 50 end links with a 6251 Jubilee. (For the doubters here, it is also listed this way in the Rolex parts books.)

Hope this clears up some of the confusion regarding the GMT Jubilees.

Below is a D link 62510 Jubilee for a GMT 16750 and a 6251 Jubilee for a GMT 1675.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Img_8328sm.jpg (108.0 KB, 652 views)
File Type: jpg Img_1324sm.jpg (88.6 KB, 625 views)

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2017, 06:37 AM   #5
Olako
"TRF" Member

Wow, this forum delivers on my very first post. Thanks alot for your helpful expertise guys.

I guess I will try to be patient and wait for some 550s.
Olako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 September 2018, 09:51 AM   #6
bbrogan
"TRF" Member

I've got a 16750 on a 62510 with 555 end links and it fits and looks great
bbrogan is offline   Reply With Quote