The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 9 January 2017, 02:59 AM   #31
texex91
"TRF" Member

I think the point to have ZERO commitment (lease you're locked in) on this Cadillac deal (and you can swap in and out and leave it when you wish)...that is all factored into price. It's actually a damn good deal. However, my hope is German manufacturers will watch progress of this program and consider the same. That way Dee might consider.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2017, 03:01 AM   #32
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
I think the point to have ZERO commitment (lease you're locked in) on this Cadillac deal (and you can swap in and out and leave it when you wish)...that is all factored into price. It's actually a damn good deal. However, my hope is German manufacturers will watch progress of this program and consider the same. That way Dee might consider.
Particularly valuable for those who travel for work every year or less of which I'm sure they will find many
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2017, 03:25 AM   #33
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Quote:

Exactly
rr-nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2017, 03:34 AM   #34
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Book By Cadillac

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Well all I can say is that's a horrendous ripoff. Must be a disgusting lease program. Not surprised as few manufactures support 24 month leases.

I leased a 991 c2 for 1150 a month for 24 months and that included 18000 miles per year. I could have had it under 1000 with a standard 10-12k per year. Drive off was 2k so call it 1250. That included NyS taxes at 8.75%.

I'll jump off the bay bridge before I pay 1500 for a cts v and I qualify for a GM discount

Edit: I should say that I get this product for the NYC market. It's just not competitive enough for me.

My example of using a 2 year lease wasn't an invitation for people to start bragging about their own lease deals. Could you swap out your Porsche for a GT3 or a cayenne turbo S via a phone app? Can you just walk away from your lease at any time because you changed you mind? Because those are the advantages here.

For $1500 flat fee, you get the car of your choosing for as long or as short of a period as you wish. Swap out as many as 18 times per year and never worry about taxes or insurance or any other car related expense, besides a $750 deductible. Plus there is no commitment.

If it's not competitive enough for you, that's cool. I wouldn't expect the prices to fall fat below the actual cost of leasing or purchasing as they would cannibalize their own business.

For me, it's almost worth it as long as I'm not stuck choosing cars from a fleet of press cars or executive cars that have been taken through the ringer prior to me getting in.
Old 9 January 2017, 03:40 AM   #35
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr-nyc View Post

For me, it's almost worth it as long as I'm not stuck choosing cars from a fleet of press cars or executive cars that have been taken through the ringer prior to me getting in.
Obviously you won't get a new car every time you swap, but these cars will become fleet AFTER they are used in this program, not vica versa.

This is a marketing/branding effort for GM, don't think they would stick in beaters--defeats purpose.

People would leave program. Rest assured those V's are going to get ragged pretty hard--I know I would take it to the track and return with little tire tread
Old 9 January 2017, 04:07 AM   #36
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
Quote:
Rest assured those V's are going to get ragged pretty hard--I know I would take it to the track and return with little tire tread

Set of tires a month and it pays for itself...lol

These cars are going to get driven hard.
I can just see this. "I need you to bring me another car, all four tires are bald, and I think I may have blown up the engine. Can I get another CTSV delivered please".
Ty: By height.
droptopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2017, 04:15 AM   #37
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Quote:
Obviously you won't get a new car every time you swap, but these cars will become fleet AFTER they are used in this program, not vica versa.

This is a marketing/branding effort for GM, don't think they would stick in beaters--defeats purpose.

People would leave program. Rest assured those V's are going to get ragged pretty hard--I know I would take it to the track and return with little tire tread
Quote:
Originally Posted by droptopman View Post
Set of tires a month and it pays for itself...lol

These cars are going to get driven hard.
I can just see this. "I need you to bring me another car, all four tires are bald, and I think I may have blown up the engine. Can I get another CTSV delivered please".
I would have to think the execs have already thought of that, and somewhere in the fine print, there would be a clause specifically outlining track use, and or obvious abuse.
Just like when you rent a vehicle, all common rental companies, have a no off road policy, even you are driving 4x4 pickup.

I love the concept and direction Cadillac is going though, and their vehicles as whole are really improving leaps and bounds over the imports out there. Not to mention the killer body lines on most of the modern sedans out now.

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2017, 04:19 AM   #38
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
I would have to think the execs have already thought of that, and somewhere in the fine print, there would be a clause specifically outlining track use, and or obvious abuse.
Just like when you rent a vehicle, all common rental companies, have a no off road policy, even you are driving 4x4 pickup.
Oh I can burn through tires without going to track...just to stay 'legal' and within terms

'Abuse' is always had to prove, unless you show back up with steel coming out of wheels

But it does bring up a point with OnStar they can actually tell where you have been...
Old 9 January 2017, 04:24 AM   #39
sleddog

Quote:
Oh I can burn through tires without going to track...just to stay 'legal' and within terms

'Abuse' is always had to prove, unless you show back up with steel coming out of wheels

But it does bring up a point with OnStar they can actually tell where you have been...
And plug into the computer to see what type of speeds and rev specs the car has been driven under...

Old 9 January 2017, 04:26 AM   #40
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
And plug into the computer to see what type of speeds and rev specs the car has been driven under...
Well I'm out of the program then...
Old 9 January 2017, 04:36 AM   #41
sleddog

Quote:
Well I'm out of the program then...

Old 9 January 2017, 07:05 AM   #42
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
My example of using a 2 year lease wasn't an invitation for people to start bragging about their own lease deals. Could you swap out your Porsche for a GT3 or a cayenne turbo S via a phone app? Can you just walk away from your lease at any time because you changed you mind? Because those are the advantages here.

I was providing examples of what a competitive lease looks like. For some reason, many people have trouble negotiation and calculating leases. Others have issues politely discussing anything whether it be auto leases or say women's handbags.

As stated prior, Cadillac like many manufacturers, does not currently provide incentive for its customers to lease at 24 months. But if you consider what a typical lease on a cts v looks like over 36/12, you can gauge how much of a bargain you're getting for $1500.

Without even negotiating I found one that would lease at 871 pre tax. And when you have a competitive lease it's easy to offload your car to someone who wants a short term rental at a great price. I've done it before, took 30 days from start to finish.

Again I understand the utility of short term and option to change but when it comes down to it, I do not think this added utility is 6-700 per month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 9 January 2017, 07:09 AM   #43
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I was providing examples of what a competitive lease looks like. For some reason, many people have trouble negotiation and calculating leases. Others have issues politely discussing anything whether it be auto leases or say women's handbags.

As stated prior, Cadillac like many manufacturers, does not currently provide incentive for its customers to lease at 24 months. But if you consider what a typical lease on a cts v looks like over 36/12, you can gauge how much of a bargain you're getting for $1500.

Without even negotiating I found one that would lease at 871 pre tax. And when you have a competitive lease it's easy to offload your car to someone who wants a short term rental at a great price. I've done it before, took 30 days from start to finish.

Again I understand the utility of short term and option to change but when it comes down to it, I do not think this added utility is 6-700 per month.

First that is a 'stripper' V (no options). Second Suburban always advertises GM Employee pricing, which is mis-leading (everyone can get supplier, but only employees get Employee). Also you are using Cars.com calculator which has ZERO bearing on what one would really pay as MF and Residual have to be set based upon credit score and other factors.

Lastly Tom, you would have to do this for three cars, as in this program you can change in and out of different cars 18 times--a lease you're stuck and have milage limitations, etc, etc for ONE car.

Also insurance, deposits, taxes, commence of returning when you want, choice of cars delivered to you when you want, stopping the program when you want, no worry about condition, milage, etc, etc, etc...you cannot compare the two programs as one is a lease one is not.
Old 9 January 2017, 07:29 AM   #44
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
First that is a 'stripper' V (no options). Second Suburban always advertises GM Employee pricing, which is mis-leading (everyone can get supplier, but only employees get Employee). Also you are using Cars.com calculator which has ZERO bearing on what one would really pay as MF and Residual have to be set based upon credit score and other factors.

Lastly Tom, you would have to do this for three cars, so in this program you can change in and out--a lease you're stuck and have milage limitations, etc, etc for ONE car.

Also insurance, deposits, taxes, commence of returning when you want, stopping the program when you want, no worry about condition, milage, etc, etc, etc...you cannot compare the two programs as one is a lease one is not.
Point 1) You can get a more well optioned car and it's not going to sniff the near 100% difference in lease payment.

Point 2) I qualify for GM employee pricing through family and I have always been able to match or even beat that number by calling around within say 500 miles of my home. I've done it before.

Point 3) No that is not a cars .com calculator. It's a bankrate calculator and those are real numbers. If you don't have tier 1 credit then I'm not talking to you. This is a 100k car. The residual is not subject to change unless you need different mileage. I have used that calculator to negotiation numerous leases over the last decade.

Point 4) I addressed that. I said I don't think that utility equates to the cost difference...FOR ME. I'm not saying it doesn't make sense others.
Old 9 January 2017, 07:31 AM   #45
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Point 1) You can get a more well optioned car and it's not going to sniff the near 100% difference in lease payment.

Point 2) I qualify for GM employee pricing through family and I have always been able to match or even beat that number by calling around within say 500 miles of my home. I've done it before.

Point 3) No that is not a cars .com calculator. It's a bankrate calculator and those are real numbers. If you don't have tier 1 credit then I'm not talking to you. This is a 100k car. The residual is not subject to change unless you need different mileage. I have used that calculator to negotiation numerous leases over the last decade.

Point 4) I addressed that. I said I don't think that utility equates to the cost difference...FOR ME. I'm not saying it doesn't make sense others.
Okay.

We'll just count you as a no for the program and call it a day.
Old 9 January 2017, 07:40 AM   #46
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Okay.

We'll just count you as a no for the program and call it a day.
I don't even live in NYC so not sure why I'm even debating the pros and cons
Old 9 January 2017, 07:41 AM   #47
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don't even live in NYC so not sure why I'm even debating the pros and cons
Well hopefully it will come to your neighborhood soon and by then you will have come to your senses
Old 9 January 2017, 07:49 AM   #48
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Well hopefully it will come to your neighborhood soon and by then you will have come to your senses
Hey you never know.

Anyone understand how the insurance component works? Do you have to prequalify based on your driving record? What if some clown has multiple DUIs etc. Seems confusing they could offer that flat rate.
Old 9 January 2017, 08:07 AM   #49
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Quote:

Maybe you can point out to me where in my post, I show to be incapable of politely discussing this topic. It seems clear to me that you're the one getting pissy.

So with your permission, I respectfully submit that the lease prices you're posting are different than what appears on the Cadillac website. Furthermore, with sugar on top, you continue to discuss leasing where this, as you are well aware, is not a lease. It is a membership. You pay for the convenience of getting whatever Cadillac model you want and can switch models as often as your big heart desires (up to 18 times) for a fixed price without the added expense of taxes, insurance, or maintenance.

It may not be for great people like you but for some lesser people, it seems to be a pretty good deal, especially for those who get a car allowance or can expense payments.
Old 9 January 2017, 08:12 AM   #50
droptopman
"TRF" Member

Watch: SUBS and GMT's!
Quote:
Hey you never know.

Anyone understand how the insurance component works? Do you have to prequalify based on your driving record? What if some clown has multiple DUIs etc. Seems confusing they could offer that flat rate.

Guessing they will qualify folks based on their driving abstract and credit score. Much like insurance companies do. My guess is that only people with excellent histories will qualify for the program.
Ty: By height.
droptopman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2017, 08:29 AM   #51
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Maybe you can point out to me where in my post, I show to be incapable of politely discussing this topic. It seems clear to me that you're the one getting pissy.

So with your permission, I respectfully submit that the lease prices you're posting are different than what appears on the Cadillac website. Furthermore, with sugar on top, you continue to discuss leasing where this, as you are well aware, is not a lease. It is a membership. You pay for the convenience of getting whatever Cadillac model you want and can switch models as often as your big heart desires (up to 18 times) for a fixed price without the added expense of taxes, insurance, or maintenance.

It may not be for great people like you but for some lesser people, it seems to be a pretty good deal, especially for those who get a car allowance or can expense payments.
No problem right here.
Quote:
My example of using a 2 year lease wasn't an invitation for people to start bragging about their own lease deals.
Just for future reference the lease numbers quoted on manufacturers websites are rarely competitive or of any value.

Once again, I understand that for some this makes sense. I was merely trying to flesh out some numbers to determine the value being offered vs a standard lease which I would consider a competing product.
Old 9 January 2017, 08:29 AM   #52
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by droptopman View Post
Guessing they will qualify folks based on their driving abstract and credit score. Much like insurance companies do. My guess is that only people with excellent histories will qualify for the program.
Sounds reasonable
Old 9 January 2017, 08:34 AM   #53
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Quote:
No problem right here.
Okay, glass house. I imagine something like this, written by anyone but you, would really get you worked up.
Quote:
Others have issues politely discussing anything whether it be auto leases or say women's handbags.
Old 9 January 2017, 09:32 AM   #54
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Okay, glass house. I imagine something like this, written by anyone but you, would really get you worked up.
I was only returning the favor. If you knew me in real life you'd know I am not one to brag about things, particularly material goods. As such I took great offense to that comment.

I chose to go low instead of high and for that I apologize.
Old 9 January 2017, 10:39 AM   #55
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Book By Cadillac

I think it is a great deal. These are all platinum and V cars. Insurance is included and take it back and get out whenever you want. We just looked at an Esky platinum. Purchase with no $ down at 60 months at 2.5% was $1150 a month. Plus the insurance and maintenance etc. plus I had to commit to being upside down for probably 36 of the 60 months plus. A lease was a little better but not much.

My wife is driving a GS F sport now and likes an SUV at times. I won't give up my truck and won't have 3 cars so she has been looking.

A program where she could drive a cts V in the summer and switch up to a ct6 if she wants something bigger but still a car, then a small SUV for Winter and a long Esky for spring break trip.
And all with a white glove concierge service i don't have to screw with. Sold.

Now just convincing myself to go from my little $500 payment on my GS to $1500 if it ever comes to Indy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 January 2017, 02:48 PM   #56
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Quote:
I was only returning the favor. If you knew me in real life you'd know I am not one to brag about things, particularly material goods. As such I took great offense to that comment.

I chose to go low instead of high and for that I apologize.
No need to apologize. I didn't mean to imply you were bragging about your porsche or material things either. I suppose I could have chosen my words more carefully
Old 9 January 2017, 10:52 PM   #57
Star Ferry
Banned

I think it's a good deal in NYC, largely due to only needing one parking spot. Even if someone could lease the CTS-V and Escalade for a combined $1500/month (and based on what I've read in this thread, that doesn't seem possible) they'd still need to pay $500+/month for each parking spot, plus insurance and maintenance, not to mention they are stuck in two lease contracts. Flat $1500 sounds easy and convenient
Star Ferry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2017, 02:37 AM   #58
DJ TT 2002
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Ferry View Post
I think it's a good deal in NYC, largely due to only needing one parking spot. Even if someone could lease the CTS-V and Escalade for a combined $1500/month (and based on what I've read in this thread, that doesn't seem possible) they'd still need to pay $500+/month for each parking spot, plus insurance and maintenance, not to mention they are stuck in two lease contracts. Flat $1500 sounds easy and convenient
This
DJ TT 2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2017, 10:30 AM   #59
Watchflair
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500 116518LN
Some interesting points.

Insurance:

Book by Cadillac will review all applicants’ submitted materials as well as driving records before approval can be given. Book by Cadillac will aim to approve new members within two days but in some cases it may take longer. You will be notified of your application status throughout the process.

So basically your driving abstract will be reviewed by the insurer and deemed insurable or not.

As far as taking the car to track day NOT A GOOD IDEA. If something were to happen to the vehicle on the track it would not be covered insurance wise for damage or warranty wise for repairs to the mechanical aspect of the vehicle. I hope everyone knows that they are not covered by a typical GEICO policy when driving their car on a race track lol.

On the point of Suburban Cadillac advertising GM Employee pricing. It's printed on the invoice and you must qualify for it. If a price is offered under GM Employee pricing then the dealership is subject to being charged back the entire GM Employee incentive. In the case of the CTS-V or an Escalade this incentive is typically $5-6k. Any dealership stupid enough to do that would be just that stupid.

It's not meant to act as a lease for 2 years(they would end up in a non compete lawsuits with dealerships over that one). It's meant for short term and to get people in and out of the vehicles. They are only offering it on their top level vehicles; Platinum models. So the CTS-V ATS-V Escalade Platinum and CT6 Platinum.

Most influencer's and social media heavy weights already have access to the full Cadillac line up in NYC now any way - at $0 cost.
Old 10 January 2017, 10:38 AM   #60
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchflair View Post
Some interesting points.

As far as taking the car to track day NOT A GOOD IDEA. If something were to happen to the vehicle on the track it would not be covered insurance wise for damage or warranty wise for repairs to the mechanical aspect of the vehicle. I hope everyone knows that they are not covered by a typical GEICO policy when driving their car on a race track lol.

DUH--anyone who tracks knows that--you just buy track insurance for that day.

On the point of Suburban Cadillac advertising GM Employee pricing. It's printed on the invoice and you must qualify for it. If a price is offered under GM Employee pricing then the dealership is subject to being charged back the entire GM Employee incentive. In the case of the CTS-V or an Escalade this incentive is typically $5-6k. Any dealership stupid enough to do that would be just that stupid.

Some dealerships are KNOWN for their less than ethical advising practices--no new news.

It's not meant to act as a lease for 2 years(they would end up in a non compete lawsuits with dealerships over that one). It's meant for short term and to get people in and out of the vehicles. They are only offering it on their top level vehicles; Platinum models. So the CTS-V ATS-V Escalade Platinum and CT6 Platinum.

Yes, and that's a good thing