The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 10 January 2017, 10:40 AM   #61
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchflair View Post
Some interesting points.

Insurance:

Book by Cadillac will review all applicants’ submitted materials as well as driving records before approval can be given. Book by Cadillac will aim to approve new members within two days but in some cases it may take longer. You will be notified of your application status throughout the process.

So basically your driving abstract will be reviewed by the insurer and deemed insurable or not.

As far as taking the car to track day NOT A GOOD IDEA. If something were to happen to the vehicle on the track it would not be covered insurance wise for damage or warranty wise for repairs to the mechanical aspect of the vehicle. I hope everyone knows that they are not covered by a typical GEICO policy when driving their car on a race track lol.

On the point of Suburban Cadillac advertising GM Employee pricing. It's printed on the invoice and you must qualify for it. If a price is offered under GM Employee pricing then the dealership is subject to being charged back the entire GM Employee incentive. In the case of the CTS-V or an Escalade this incentive is typically $5-6k. Any dealership stupid enough to do that would be just that stupid.

It's not meant to act as a lease for 2 years(they would end up in a non compete lawsuits with dealerships over that one). It's meant for short term and to get people in and out of the vehicles. They are only offering it on their top level vehicles; Platinum models. So the CTS-V ATS-V Escalade Platinum and CT6 Platinum.

Most influencer's and social media heavy weights already have access to the full Cadillac line up in NYC now any way - at $0 cost.
Good info Jim.

I based the GM employee discount vs what's attainable argument on a quote I received on a 2016 Denali last fall. I asked my local dealer what my price was with the GM employee pricing and then scoured the net and found a dealer in Michigan I believe that had one for like 12500 off sticker. They gave me some nonsense about short term trunk cash or something. Said it gave them leeway to sell 3 vehicles that month for an extra 3000 off. Sounds like nonsense but they did put the numbers in writing.
GB-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2017, 10:54 AM   #62
swils8610
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

GM will do incentives like that from time to time. They will offer dealers/consumers extra funds to move units that have been in stock for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
swils8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2017, 10:57 AM   #63
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swils8610 View Post
GM will do incentives like that from time to time. They will offer dealers/consumers extra funds to move units that have been in stock for a long time.

They do it all of the time and you can stack all kinds of other discounts if able like Livery...that's my favorite I use all of the time for an extra $3k all the time on Escalade (which makes it less than employee). Key is having a great relationship with dealer GM that will actually give you everything. Fortunately I do...

GM has more trunk money than most--it's a goldmine for those that know how to use the system.
texex91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2017, 11:29 AM   #64
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swils8610 View Post

Figured as much Shannon. Thx. Unfortunately you need to get 12k off them just to fight the depreciation curve

The dealer had like 15-20 Denalis in stock so I gather they were motivated sellers as the model end was near.
Old 10 January 2017, 03:18 PM   #65
VICI
"TRF" Member

Watch: IG: Mr_Right_NYC
It'll be the wave of the future
VICI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 January 2017, 03:58 PM   #66
T. Ferguson
"TRF" Member

Couldn't quite figure out the location restrictions. Boy, if you travel frequently and can get a car anywhere instead of renting one, big bonus.
Old 14 January 2017, 06:46 AM   #67
Watchflair

Watch: 116500 116518LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by texex91 View Post
They do it all of the time and you can stack all kinds of other discounts if able like Livery...that's my favorite I use all of the time for an extra $3k all the time on Escalade (which makes it less than employee). Key is having a great relationship with dealer GM that will actually give you everything. Fortunately I do...

GM has more trunk money than most--it's a goldmine for those that know how to use the system.
This is an interesting one. Livery would mean you have a fleet account number FAN and would have to have a certain amount of vehicles in your fleet and registered under business name. If they are just applying that incentive because you have a relationship with the GM they are open to being charged back the incentive in an audit. You may find that will come to an end as Cadillac Pinnacle standards come into place. Just for your own knowledge here's the description right from GM:

A QUALIFIED FLEET CUSTOMER IS DEFINED AS ANY COMPANY THAT PURCHASES AND REGISTERS OR
LEASES FIVE (5) OR MORE NEW CARS AND/OR TRUCKS FOR USE IN IT'S OPERATIONS DURING THE
CURRENT OR PRECEDING MODEL OR CALENDAR YEAR OR PRECEDING TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD OR
THAT OWNS OR LEASES FIFTEEN (15) OR MORE CARS AND/OR TRUCKS FOR USE IN IT'S OPERATIONS.
Old 14 January 2017, 08:21 AM   #68
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
This is an interesting one. Livery would mean you have a fleet account number FAN and would have to have a certain amount of vehicles in your fleet and registered under business name. If they are just applying that incentive because you have a relationship with the GM they are open to being charged back the incentive in an audit. You may find that will come to an end as Cadillac Pinnacle standards come into place. Just for your own knowledge here's the description right from GM:

A QUALIFIED FLEET CUSTOMER IS DEFINED AS ANY COMPANY THAT PURCHASES AND REGISTERS OR
LEASES FIVE (5) OR MORE NEW CARS AND/OR TRUCKS FOR USE IN IT'S OPERATIONS DURING THE
CURRENT OR PRECEDING MODEL OR CALENDAR YEAR OR PRECEDING TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD OR
THAT OWNS OR LEASES FIFTEEN (15) OR MORE CARS AND/OR TRUCKS FOR USE IN IT'S OPERATIONS.
Well if YOU do a little more work, rather than assume things you have zero clue about how/why I get my discounts. Keep doing more homework on livery...there are other things there. What things you ask--ah, well you seem to know everything, so I'll leave it at that.

Thank you for your concern, but not needed
Old 14 January 2017, 08:27 AM   #69
T. Ferguson
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well if YOU do a little more work, rather than assume things you have zero clue about how/why I get my discounts. For those people LICENSED as such and get the livery discount. Think I have my discounts covered and who and how I receive them. AKA none of your business.

Thank you for your concern, but not needed
Besides which Paul, you probably did more than five cars with them last month alone! Doesn't say anything about having to hang on to them.
Old 14 January 2017, 08:33 AM   #70
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Ferguson View Post
Besides which Paul, you probably did more than five cars with them last month alone! Doesn't say anything about having to hang on to them.
Don't even know who this guy is, nor do I care

As a matter of fact, I might just buy another one next week just to piss him off
Old 14 January 2017, 09:36 AM   #71
Watchflair

Quote:
Don't even know who this guy is, nor do I care

As a matter of fact, I might just buy another one next week just to piss him off

Jeez just having a conversation. No need to get on the defensive. Also my comments were based off your previous statements/comments in the thread.

Reality is I could care less about your car buying habits or connections.

Enjoy your weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 January 2017, 09:48 AM   #72
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Jeez just having a conversation. No need to get on the defensive. Also my comments were based off your previous statements/comments in the thread.

Reality is I could care less about your car buying habits or connections.

Enjoy your weekend

You came on copying all of these GM terms (that have zero relevance to my disocunts). TRUST ME I know VERY well how it works. I get a livery discount that IS approved by GM. So, I guess my point is, those getting discounts are probably getting them because they are qualified too.

You have a great weekend as well and best.
Old 14 January 2017, 09:59 AM   #73
Watchflair

Quote:
You came on copying all of these GM terms (that have zero relevance to my disocunts). TRUST ME I know VERY well how it works. I get a livery discount that IS approved by GM. So, I guess my point is, those getting discounts are probably getting them because they are qualified too.

You have a great weekend as well and best.

My apologies for the assumptions. As you stated previously there are unscrupulous dealers out there so may have gone off that one.

Old 17 March 2017, 07:19 AM   #74
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Book By Cadillac

It appears my number came up

Now I need to get rid on my X5

rr-nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2017, 07:27 AM   #75
texex91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr-nyc View Post

Old 17 March 2017, 07:55 AM   #76
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
Quote:

that is awesome.

I can't wait to hear how you like it.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 March 2017, 02:35 PM   #77
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Nice! What's first?
Old 17 March 2017, 09:13 PM   #78
returntorolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Jackie Stewart DD
This is a great idea!
Old 17 March 2017, 11:30 PM   #79
Watchflair

Quote:

Very cool. If you need help w the X5 feel free to DM me.
Old 18 March 2017, 03:24 AM   #80
rr-nyc
Liar & Ratbag

Watch: Rolex Daytona
Book By Cadillac

I had an initial call with a representative and this deal is not sounding as attractive to me as it originally did.

Here's what I learned so far:

There is a $500 enrollment fee and then the $1500 per month billed to a credit card. There are no other fees. There is also a $750 insurance deductible.

The cars are part of a fleet for the program. Each model is fully optioned and available in all popular color configurations.

The cars enter the fleet brand new and remain in the fleet as long as it hasn't been in an accident and is a current model. Before the car is delivered to you, it is completely detailed and inspected.

You can keep a car up to 30 days (may be extended for an additional 30 days) or until it is due for service, at which time, you'll get notified via the app to reserve your next car and they are swapped. You can request getting the same car back if you really want. If the car needs to be exchanged for service, that does not count against your 18 car allowance.

Here's the bad news:
The maximum time you can keep a V series is 5 days and they are only available from March-October.

So my ideal scenario, as their marketing material also suggests, of having an escalade for the winter and a V series in the summer just got shot. I am waiting for confirmation whether this will be a long standing policy or it will soften as the fleet is rebalanced based on demand. If this will be long term policy, that's a deal breaker for me and anyone else with similar thinking.

I'm waiting on clarification before proceeding.
rr-nyc is offline   Reply With Quote