The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Closed Thread

Old 8 May 2013, 07:12 AM   #61
MP5
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Vrf criticism isn't warranted. They don't allow ugly bashfests but make sure the factual info is available.
Old 8 May 2013, 11:17 AM   #62
tonbr
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116509, 79280
Well, IMHO, I think the whole story Steve comes up with stinks. And I must say I'm glad I found the info regarding him before I got into my thoughts about buying an expensive watch.
Tony
Old 8 May 2013, 07:39 PM   #63
964RS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Something vintage.
Just FYI his last post on facebook is on 3rd of May where someone is chasing him for their missing parts and he replies...

"I'm so sorry my friend.. They installed the computer in my office this morning And connected the Internet.. I've been trying to work off my phone for weeks and it would not post on forums or check my emails.. Because you know she smashed up all my computers and everything..it's been hell.
By Tuesday I should be all caught up with emails And will begin shipping out items that are behind.
Email me Tuesday and I'll let you know what day exactly it'll be on its way."

Then there is a post just now from the original guy saying where is it then?

I think there is good reason to be very concerned here if you have paid for something and not received it or he has your watch/parts. It looks like a lot of the stuff Steve sold was on consignment from other dealers. If that is the case and a lot of this has been stolen by his ex and it is not insured he could owe a significant amount.

The computer problems and not being able to reply to emails or post on forums using his phone sounds like a cover up for simply being in too deep and not knowing how to get out of it all.

In addition there is a post the same day stating....

"So if your not going to take responsibility of your newborn daughter. Let us until your wife gets the help she need. This way here the baby will be with family and not strangers"

and he replies...
"Excuse me?
I would love to take care of the baby,but you tell me how someone can take care of a newborn and save a business which has had over half of its stock stolen?"

Sounds like he's got a lot of problems. Hope he works through them all and everyone here and this newborn child are all ok.

Not sure this helps but thought I'd share as it may explain some things??
Old 8 May 2013, 11:45 PM   #64
DSJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step!
What a mess...
Old 9 May 2013, 10:14 AM   #65
SLS
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT's & Sub's
Wow, sad to hear...I had a few transactions in the distant past that went well. But after reading this, it does not sound good.
Scott

Member No. 922
Old 9 May 2013, 01:41 PM   #66
RolexSmile
"TRF" Member

that dude is a straight shooter and has litterally saved my behind from being ripped off three times with fake watches.
i havent talked to him in a couple of months but if you sent him your watch you will get paid.But I have to tell you,it doesnt make much sense to start trouble for a known dealer who is financially connected to their rep..your making it next to impossible for him to earn your $$..
also,everyone has to remember..a dealer who is good eventually will no longer have to post on forums..they have a select clientel that deals with them regularly and refers other clients..I never see shear or ku post anymore..do any of you.
I have never heard anything but positive remarks until this fiasco with his wife or her boyfriend ripping him off.
until he shows me different I would still bend over backwards to help him in anyway i could.
Steve-o if you read this,call me brother..I may want to invest in your comeback!
Old 9 May 2013, 02:45 PM   #67
nch209
"TRF" Member

This is very troublesome. I've dealt with Steve many years ago with great results, but things went downhill about 2 years ago when I bought a band from him- it was a mess! He was very rude and defensive about it, and I chalked it up as a loss. Interestingly enough, he recently replied to an email several years after I sent it!!!! Who does that???? I wish him the best, but no longer wish to deal with him. Ever since his A.D., things went downhill fast.

Best of luck dhh, and be sure to keep us posted!
Nate
Old 9 May 2013, 08:51 PM   #68
dhh
"TRF" Member

[QUOTE=RolexSmile;4140596]that dude is a straight shooter and has litterally saved my behind from being ripped off three times with fake watches.
i havent talked to him in a couple of months but if you sent him your watch you will get paid.But I have to tell you,it doesnt make much sense to start trouble for a known dealer who is financially connected to their rep..your making it next to impossible for him to earn your $$..
also,everyone has to remember..a dealer who is good eventually will no longer have to post on forums..they have a select clientel that deals with them regularly and refers other clients..I never see shear or ku post anymore..do any of you.
I have never heard anything but positive remarks until this fiasco with his wife or her boyfriend ripping him off.
until he shows me different I would still bend over backwards to help him in anyway i could.
Steve-o if you read this,call me brother..I may want to invest in your comeback![/QUOTE

Why don't you finance his comeback by sending me the $15,000 he owes me?
Old 9 May 2013, 10:52 PM   #69
tudorluv
"TRF" Member

A very good reason why watch dealers should have a good insurance policy. A deciding factor in feeling comfortable with a dealer for one of my purchases was in knowing that my humble Tudor watch in transit was covered by none other than Lloyds of London. I also let my local AD handle all my RSC services because their insurance covers me all for $25. No sleepless nights worrying about watches in transit not under my control. Hope it all ends well for everyone.
Old 10 May 2013, 03:56 AM   #70
FNFZ4
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
i don't hope he doesn't pick watch parts like he picks his women
true statement

Watches:
Patek 5205G | Patek 5167A | 16613 Serti | 116718 Green | 216570 Black | 16700 Pepsi

Wish list:
Patek 5726/1 | AP RG Ceramic | Patek 5712 | Patek 5130
Old 10 May 2013, 05:55 AM   #71
smith one
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Panerai, JLC
Icon13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexSmile View Post
that dude is a straight shooter and has litterally saved my behind from being ripped off three times with fake watches.
Steve-o if you read this,call me brother..I may want to invest in your comeback!

C'mon really? RolexSmile has one post and is singing the praises
of this guy. The post is an attempt by Steve's buddy to do some
'damage control' online.

Way to be subtle.

Smith one
Old 11 May 2013, 01:14 AM   #72
Knappo 1307
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Sea Dweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexSmile View Post
This smells of complete
Old 11 May 2013, 01:48 AM   #73
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knappo 1307 View Post
This smells of complete
x3,
Old 11 May 2013, 09:15 AM   #74
TempoKing
Banned

Watch: Rolex GMT 1675
Steve is not MIA...just trying to re-start his messy life... with that said
he should have taken care... of your DRSD business first.

In my opinion he will soon start making money again.
Hopefully by now he has teamed up with a serious vintage Rolex trader
and he will do well again....this way all his bad money/watch dealings
will be corrected....he just needs time.

The 18 year old young girl-friend who took him literally to the "cleaners"
is now in jail - but no money or missing watches were recovered..he was rather
devastated with her betrayal for awhile...but he has pulled himself together.
Old 11 May 2013, 11:32 AM   #75
Kringkily
"TRF" Member

Watch: Speedmaster, Rolex
Interesting :popcorn:
Old 11 May 2013, 11:50 AM   #76
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

This thread has moved beyond it's expiry date....

It's such a shame that a well standing member of the watch world, can not once, twice, three times, and now 4, continue an establishment of watch/parts sales with the integrity he started out.
To many current(and past), discrepancy's have not only soured this individual, but justified his removal from TRF.

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
Closed Thread