The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 28 March 2024, 08:19 PM   #1
PT_91
"TRF" Member

Rare Handcrafts 2024

Enjoy:

https://www.patek.com/en/company/new...ibition-geneva
PT_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2024, 07:42 AM   #2
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT_91 View Post
beautiful - the morning on the beach wood marquetry piece is very cool - I think they are like 125-150k, right ? A bit much for me right now but would love to own one.
dauster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2024, 10:51 AM   #3
JMac6
"TRF" Member

I thought they were closer to half that.

Or, a bit more - like $70-90.
JMac6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2024, 07:39 PM   #4
Russell996
2024 Pledge Member

Rare Handcrafts 2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMac6 View Post
I thought they were closer to half that.

Or, a bit more - like $70-90.

Pretty sure rarehandcrafts start at about £100k.

Russell996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2024, 08:32 PM   #5
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Mostly blue dials
There goes my rare handcraft after not going ahead with the MR...
Ichiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2024, 09:12 PM   #6
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Nice watch.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2024, 09:19 PM   #7
PT_91
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichiran View Post
I'm sure you'll get another chance!
PT_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2024, 09:54 PM   #8
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Pretty sure rarehandcrafts start at about £100k.

Man, I just think this is the coolest watch!
Old 30 March 2024, 12:05 AM   #9
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
not a big loss IMHO
pam66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 March 2024, 01:02 AM   #10
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam66 View Post
not a big loss IMHO
Just very curious what watch you like?
Old 30 March 2024, 07:06 PM   #11
Medem
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell996 View Post
Outstanding piece. One of the nicest ever, in my opinion.
Medem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 01:13 AM   #12
aiif
Banned

Wow the real rare handcraft
aiif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 05:56 AM   #13
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
haha many pateks i do like. i am just a bit sensitive towards wearing 'artistic' handicraft on my wrist. i do appreciate the skills of the enamelers and other rare handcrafters but i find the choice of certain motifs tacky.
but since you asked, i have and like the 5231J but have refused other 'rare handcraft' offers so far.
Old 31 March 2024, 05:59 AM   #14
pam66
"TRF" Member

haha many pateks i do like. i am just a bit sensitive towards wearing 'artistic' handicraft on my wrist. i do appreciate the skills of the enamelers and other rare handcrafters but i find the choice of certain motifs tacky.
but since you asked, i have and like the 5231J but have refused other 'rare handcraft' offers so far. not to worry, they will offer you some of their creations, but choose wisely. you would not want to be caught with a copy of - say - a rousseau painting on your wrist, would you....
Old 31 March 2024, 10:29 AM   #15
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
but since you asked, i have and like the 5231J but have refused other 'rare handcraft' offers so far. not to worry, they will offer you some of their creations, but choose wisely. you would not want to be caught with a copy of - say - a rousseau painting on your wrist, would you....
I get the impression you hate Patek because of your posts.

I have never been offered any non-WT rare handcrafts despite my collection. Patek only made 40 of these rare handcrafts annually and each of the 300 ADs has a long interest list of customers who yearn for a rare handcrafts. My AD sell more MR than rare handcrafts and the rare handcrafts are used as a reward piece for customers who have collected many pieces and are bored with the catalogue. Truth is, even an big AD is not guaranteed 1 piece every year to sell to their MR customers.

The next time your AD offer you a copy of Rousseau or any rare handcrafts junks you dislike, can you please drop me a DM? I wish I have an AD like yours.
Old 31 March 2024, 10:56 AM   #16
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I get the impression you hate Patek because of all your posts.

I have never been offered any non-WT rare handcrafts despite my collection. Patek only made 40 of these rare handcrafts annually and each of the 300 ADs has a long interest list of customers who yearn for a rare handcrafts. My AD sell more MR than rare handcrafts and the rare handcrafts are used as a reward piece for customers who have collected many pieces and are bored with the catalogue. Truth is, even an big AD is not guaranteed 1 piece every year to sell to their MR customers.

The next time your AD offer you a copy of Rousseau or any rare handcrafts junks you dislike, can you please drop me a DM? I wish I have an AD like yours.

My bet is that he got offered the 5088 and/ or the ellipse or the 5180 - which all come with a RH certificate. I highly doubt he got offered the annual special release pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 31 March 2024, 11:06 AM   #17
dauster
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I would and I think Suzanne Rohr the undisputed master of miniature enamel (or Anita Porchet) is a genius - I think RH are amazing and surprised you take the time out of your day to comment that you don’t like RH in a very specific RH thread but it’s the internet I guess

Old 31 March 2024, 01:20 PM   #18
mooty
"TRF" Member

ichiran, w/ your collection I am pretty certain if you applied for MR you will get accepted..

I have been waiting for rare handcraft. but the trick is how can I commit b4 I see what the piece is? if I don't comment now, I am already late... but I don't want a piece simply b/c its rare handcraft. I want one with the subject I care about. Russels was one of the one I realy wanted as well as the other auto motive. as I have been a car guy and quite a large collection of cars a long time. but by the time I seen the images on line of the car rare handscrat, it was all spoke for already...
mooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 04:02 PM   #19
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
My bet is that he got offered the 5088 and/ or the ellipse or the 5180 - which all come with a RH certificate. I highly doubt he got offered the annual special release pieces.

i got offered this a few months after WW2023:

a month ago the AD still had it sitting with them, he told me that he got it assigned specifically for me from PP and now he has been asking to be able to sell it to other clients. otherwise he has to return it to PP. i don't know if that is true or not.
i found the piece very kitschy and my wife didn't want it either, but rest assured that the AD would not in the least consider
to try offer me any of the pieces you mentioned.
anyway, the AD owner has been upset with me since i turned him down a second time on that piece now and he is holding back on my next sports model:::)))) unless i buy some diamonds, which i won't:::)))
Old 31 March 2024, 04:04 PM   #20
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
I would and I think Suzanne Rohr the undisputed master of miniature enamel (or Anita Porchet) is a genius - I think RH are amazing and surprised you take the time out of your day to comment that you don’t like RH in a very specific RH thread but it’s the internet I guess

it is just that we are here to comment on what we like and what we don't like, aren't we? and hey, it is a watch, i did not insult you, your family, friends etc...
so let us take it easy.
Old 31 March 2024, 04:07 PM   #21
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I get the impression you hate Patek because of your posts.

i love PP, just not all PP. am i not supposed to say that?
anyway, i am still waiting for the 5231G but i am happy with the J model.
Old 31 March 2024, 04:12 PM   #22
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
i got offered this a few months after WW2023:

A month ago the AD still had it sitting with them, he told me that he got it assigned specifically for me from PP and now he has been asking to be able to sell it to other clients. otherwise he has to return it to PP. i don't know if that is true or not.
i found the piece very kitschy and my wife didn't want it either, but rest assured that the AD would not in the least consider
to try offer me any of the pieces you mentioned.
anyway, the AD owner has been upset with me since i turned him down a second time on that piece now and he is holding back on my next sports model:::)))) unless i buy some diamonds, which i won't:::)))
Your AD is not able to sell a rare handcrafts for 10 months which you have turned down twice? Who is that AD pls could you share? I can help your AD move their unwanted inventory.
Old 31 March 2024, 04:15 PM   #23
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
i like most of your collection!!!
Old 31 March 2024, 04:17 PM   #24
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Your AD is not able to sell a rare handcrafts for 10 months which you have turned down twice? Who is that AD pls could you share? I can help your AD move their unwanted inventory.
he told me local clients only, but i can ask. he also indicated that it came from PP with a special RH certificate with my name on it. again, not sure if that is true.
Old 31 March 2024, 04:19 PM   #25
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
he told me local clients only, but i can ask. he also indicated that it came from PP with a special RH certificate with my name on it. again, not sure if that is true.
I can ask directly if you don't mind. I just need to know which AD. If I have stock I can't sell for 10 months I would have sold to aliens if they ask.
Old 31 March 2024, 04:21 PM   #26
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I can ask directly if you don't mind. I just need to know which AD. If I have stock I can't sell for 10 months I would have sold to aliens if they ask.
you can PM me but i repeat he not allowed to sell to nonlocal clients
Old 31 March 2024, 08:04 PM   #27
Ichiran
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
you can PM me but i repeat he not allowed to sell to nonlocal clients
I have PM you but can't get any info from you. I doubt this AD exists then. Above pic was from WPS.
Old 31 March 2024, 08:38 PM   #28
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have PM you but can't get any info from you. I doubt this AD exists then. Above pic was from WPS.
i was trying to do you a favor which does not profit me at all. instead of thanking me you start to insult me.
FYI the pic was taken by my AD.
Old 31 March 2024, 09:11 PM   #29
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
Quote:
Michael with all due respect. Peter has been buying Patek for decades. He is one of the biggest collectors I know with a vast network. His offer is legit but he will not disclose the AD because these things in Europe work with discretion and a high degree of sensitivity.

I suggest you take this offline before you embarrass yourself
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 09:44 PM   #30
pam66
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearxj86 View Post
Michael with all due respect. Peter has been buying Patek for decades. He is one of the biggest collectors I know with a vast network. His offer is legit but he will not disclose the AD because these things in Europe work with discretion and a high degree of sensitivity.

I suggest you take this offline before you embarrass yourself
thanks jin, all good from my side.