The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 1 September 2023, 07:09 AM   #3001
Gebbeth
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug04 View Post
If you are referring to the Complicité, in the video the back is shown clearly and in abundant frames. And, personally, I like it very much.

My comment would be, with a double independent escapement system + differential (specifics that determine such important price of the watch), why there is no reference to the chronometrical performance?

Got it. Didn't bother with the video. Was just looking at the webpage and pictures from the emailed announcemt.
Gebbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2023, 01:24 PM   #3002
golfer_john
"TRF" Member

Received this beauty today. Have purchased a couple watches from Jeremy Oster in Denver in last several months (class act BTW).

I mentioned how much I enjoyed his podcast with Xavier, the CEO of Czapek. He generously offered this limited edition Czapek made for their 20th anniversary in business. I sent it off to sub the red tipped seconds hand. I think a couple posters here have acquired the same watch.

Happy to join the club! The blue steel markings are stunning in daylight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
golfer_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2023, 01:28 PM   #3003
gm58
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer_john View Post

Received this beauty today. Have purchased a couple watches from Jeremy Oster in Denver in last several months (class act BTW).

I mentioned how much I enjoyed his podcast with Xavier, the CEO of Czapek. He generously offered this limited edition Czapek made for their 20th anniversary in business. I sent it off to sub the red tipped seconds hand. I think a couple posters here have acquired the same watch.

Congratulations on the new pickup!
gm58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2023, 01:32 PM   #3004
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Czapek

Quote:

Congrats looks great on you. Jeremy is wonderful. Bought a parmigiani from him and it was a great experience.
Old 1 September 2023, 11:52 PM   #3005
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Congratulations!

Nice watch, I designed that one.

:)
mikemargolis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2023, 12:02 AM   #3006
hassantg
"TRF" Member

Watch: Portugieser IW5007
Quote:

That is a beautiful watch. Wear it in good health!

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk
hassantg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2023, 01:06 PM   #3007
golfer_john
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemargolis View Post
Congratulations!

Nice watch, I designed that one.

:)
Well done Mike! It’s a stunner and so unique. Let me know if they give you another design project!!
Old 3 September 2023, 03:50 AM   #3008
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Well done Mike! It’s a stunner and so unique. Let me know if they give you another design project!!
We are a small team, input is always welcomed from any of us.

At Geneva Watch Days, I felt the Complicite Stardust was a bit monochrome:

http://www.files.horologyworks.com/C...tardust-lr.jpg

So I suggested blue markers and hands:

http://www.files.horologyworks.com/C...ueIndexes.jpeg

Xavier agreed, and now any buyer of the white gold Complicite has the choice of which one they would like.

Also, someone asked for a back shot, so here you go:

http://www.files.horologyworks.com/C...lueBack-lr.jpg
Old 3 September 2023, 09:11 AM   #3009
golfer_john
"TRF" Member

That’s an epic piece. In all the color options!
Old 3 September 2023, 08:05 PM   #3010
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP
Stunning piece all around. !

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Yobrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2023, 10:31 AM   #3011
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

This one is FIRE

ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2023, 10:32 AM   #3012
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

^^^ wow!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2023, 11:21 AM   #3013
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
This one is FIRE

Super cool! Thanks for sharing.

usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2023, 12:41 PM   #3014
magicman
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap1 View Post
This one is FIRE

Congrats! Haven’t taken mine off since I had it delivered…

magicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2023, 12:55 PM   #3015
ap1
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicman View Post
Congrats! Haven’t taken mine off since I had it delivered…

Love it on rubber, enjoy. What an awesome summer look. They got a great match to the seconds hand
ap1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 September 2023, 01:14 PM   #3016
gm58
"TRF" Member

Amazing shots of the Collective Horology LE! I saw that one of the co-founders of CH actually has it on a white rubber strap, very sharp too
Old 6 September 2023, 01:08 AM   #3017
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,DS,YM42
WOW, that dial is on fire
szabo_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2023, 11:36 AM   #3018
Lukla
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet
Super nice dial design. Collective H has done a great job. Who designed it? Collective effort or a professional designer?
Lukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2023, 01:07 PM   #3019
EdwardC
2024 Pledge Member

Vendome Complicité

Is the Vendome Complicité a resonance? I am trying to wrap my head around what the complication is for and the first word comes to my mind is resonance.
EdwardC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2023, 03:38 PM   #3020
Bug04
"TRF" Member

I also was wondering which are the performance of Complicite’ (considering the double escapement + differential gear) compared to other movements. But curiously I did not find anywhere such info, and this appears surprising to me since I presume that improving performances should be the purpose of such a complication (which, also for me, exploits both resonance effects as well as averaging of escapements errors effects through the differential gear).

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardC View Post
Is the Vendome Complicité a resonance? I am trying to wrap my head around what the complication is for and the first word comes to my mind is resonance.
Bug04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 September 2023, 04:02 PM   #3021
gm58
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug04 View Post
I also was wondering which are the performance of Complicite’ (considering the double escapement + differential gear) compared to other movements. But curiously I did not find anywhere such info, and this appears surprising to me since I presume that improving performances should be the purpose of such a complication (which, also for me, exploits both resonance effects as well as averaging of escapements errors effects through the differential gear).

I had the same question too! Upon some further reading, it seems like they are two different things (dual escapement + differential) vs (resonance). I would say the intention is probably a bit different but in actual fact may have some overlap? The purpose of the dual escapement is to take the average of errors as Bug04 mentions so one escapement is set up to run a bit quicker, while the other is to run a bit slower and the average should come to 0.

Resonance on the other hand, tries to sync up both escapements via the resonance effect to beat closer in sync with each other - also to balance out the errors on each. FPJ has one but Armin Strom has the most effective one it seems as the two escapements are actually physically connected via a spring so the resonance effects should in theory be stronger.

So it that sense maybe it is the setting up of the two escapements that is the difference between the two methods?
Old 7 September 2023, 12:41 AM   #3022
szabo_martin
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5711,Sub,DS,YM42
Or its using the two escapements to mimic double the speed creating more accuracy and smoother sweep
szabo_martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 September 2023, 08:50 PM   #3023
mikemargolis
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gm58 View Post
I had the same question too! Upon some further reading, it seems like they are two different things (dual escapement + differential) vs (resonance). I would say the intention is probably a bit different but in actual fact may have some overlap? The purpose of the dual escapement is to take the average of errors as Bug04 mentions so one escapement is set up to run a bit quicker, while the other is to run a bit slower and the average should come to 0.

Resonance on the other hand, tries to sync up both escapements via the resonance effect to beat closer in sync with each other - also to balance out the errors on each. FPJ has one but Armin Strom has the most effective one it seems as the two escapements are actually physically connected via a spring so the resonance effects should in theory be stronger.

So it that sense maybe it is the setting up of the two escapements that is the difference between the two methods?
This is very much correct, except that the two escapements are set to zero at the factory, there is not a deliberate error introduced.

Over time, as with any escapement, it drifts off zero, and the differential will constantly average the two escapements to make the watch more accurate.
Old 13 September 2023, 09:37 PM   #3024
WatchguyBR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassantg View Post
Just received my Antarctique S and love it so far!!
For what it is worth, the process was pretty smooth for me, and I had no QC issues with the watch!Attachment 1385027

Looks great! I have a very similar configuration, except mine has double indexes instead of 12. How would you describe the dial - more metallic or more matte?

I like this watch more and more each day. Unfortunately, I ordered mine 17 months ago and still have no estimate for delivery.

I was also curious about the power reserve: in reviews, I always read that the watch has a 56-hour power reserve. However, I've read some people saying that the movement was upgraded and now is up to 60 hours. Can someone confirm this?
WatchguyBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2023, 12:06 AM   #3025
WatchguyBR
"TRF" Member

Can someone confirm what is the power reserve in the latest Antarctique models? Specs claimed 56 hours in the original models, but I've heard more than once that in the latest ones the PR was increased to at least 60.

I ordered the S version (blue glacier, red tip, brushed bracelet, double indexes) 17 months ago and still have no delivery estimate. I'm glad at least the watch has been improved.
WatchguyBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2023, 11:30 PM   #3026
Nsane
"TRF" Member

If they make an S version of the Complicite', I will be first in line to buy it.
Nsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 September 2023, 04:13 AM   #3027
hassantg
"TRF" Member

It's a beautiful watch I'm sure you will love it. Have been wearing it exclusively since I got mine. The dial is certainly not matte has a bit of texture and shine to it, don't know if I'll call it metallic though.

On the power reserve honestly, I haven't checked, it lasts the weekend. I'll test it for y'all and circle back.

Old 18 September 2023, 04:52 AM   #3028
Yobrooks
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP
Looks great, enjoy

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Yobrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 September 2023, 06:45 AM   #3029
hassantg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchguyBR View Post
Looks great! I have a very similar configuration, except mine has double indexes instead of 12. How would you describe the dial - more metallic or more matte?

I like this watch more and more each day. Unfortunately, I ordered mine 17 months ago and still have no estimate for delivery.

I was also curious about the power reserve: in reviews, I always read that the watch has a 56-hour power reserve. However, I've read some people saying that the movement was upgraded and now is up to 60 hours. Can someone confirm this?
Right, I tested it mine is 60 hours, 62 ish to be exact!

Old 19 September 2023, 09:44 PM   #3030
Bug04
"TRF" Member

Through crown or wrist recharge?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassantg View Post
Right, I tested it mine is 60 hours, 62 ish to be exact!

Bug04 is offline   Reply With Quote