The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 12 April 2024, 02:35 AM   #1
Dan S
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carwashchris View Post
I like them both, for different reasons the SS for its popularity and the two tone for the lower price point.

My question is do the members here think the price difference will remain the same over the next 5 years or so.
It's interesting that you are making this sound like a commodity investment with no consideration to which of the two watches you actually prefer.
Old 12 April 2024, 04:11 AM   #2
swish77
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing the time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
It's interesting that you are making this sound like a commodity investment with no consideration to which of the two watches you actually prefer.
Ditto. Buy the watch you love and you'll be fine. Much more important to consider is the condition of whichever Daytona you buy. Don't bargain hunt.

Where are you seeing Zenith Daytonas as low as $21K? Presumably mediocre examples without B&P. They're come down in price over the last 6 months, but I don't see that it's quite that much.
swish77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 April 2024, 10:12 PM   #3
bmwsubmariner
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swish77 View Post
Ditto. Buy the watch you love and you'll be fine. Much more important to consider is the condition of whichever Daytona you buy. Don't bargain hunt.

Where are you seeing Zenith Daytonas as low as $21K? Presumably mediocre examples without B&P. They're come down in price over the last 6 months, but I don't see that it's quite that much.
Would you say a good B&P Zenith Daytona with SEL's is going to be $24-25k? I know Fog City has one for around $24k and Jacek typically seems to be $25k or so.
bmwsubmariner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 April 2024, 02:13 AM   #4
hutch300
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwsubmariner View Post
Would you say a good B&P Zenith Daytona with SEL's is going to be $24-25k? I know Fog City has one for around $24k and Jacek typically seems to be $25k or so.
The one Fog City has seems like a good value. Case is nice but has had a light polish so you can decide what you want to do moving forward. Tim (Fog City) is a straight shooter and honestly represents his inventory.
hutch300 is offline   Reply With Quote