The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 5 June 2016, 06:11 AM   #181
Andy609
"TRF" Member

Let's try that again...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (141.7 KB, 323 views)
Andy609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2016, 01:27 PM   #182
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Enjoy the watch Andy, thanks for kind words and confidence!!! It's always a pleasure talking with you. Here are a couple additional photos of that beauty.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160531_155146-sm.jpg (69.5 KB, 330 views)
File Type: jpg 20160531_154058-1sm.jpg (85.7 KB, 328 views)

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2016, 12:47 PM   #183
luigi22
"TRF" Member

Springer's the man

hey guys
have lurked here for a while, learned quite a bit from the great folks on this forum. Springer was kind of enough to lead me to my first 1675 through a friend of his. that was the gateway drug, and i subsequently ended up purchasing both a '79 white 1680 and an '81 16750 from springer, both exceeding my expectations in terms of condition. he's also tracked down some very particular looking inserts for me, got a crystal that i wanted, and has sent me minor stuff too, like spare links and spring bars. frankly above and beyond the usual sellers - no offense to everyone else;)

we all know that vintage rolex is a real minefield. you can read all you want, but there is no substitute for decades of experience handling these watches. so it's cliche but could not be more important - buy the seller. cannot do better than springer.
luigi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2016, 05:34 AM   #184
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi22 View Post
hey guys
have lurked here for a while, learned quite a bit from the great folks on this forum. Springer was kind of enough to lead me to my first 1675 through a friend of his. that was the gateway drug, and i subsequently ended up purchasing both a '79 white 1680 and an '81 16750 from springer, both exceeding my expectations in terms of condition. he's also tracked down some very particular looking inserts for me, got a crystal that i wanted, and has sent me minor stuff too, like spare links and spring bars. frankly above and beyond the usual sellers - no offense to everyone else;)

we all know that vintage rolex is a real minefield. you can read all you want, but there is no substitute for decades of experience handling these watches. so it's cliche but could not be more important - buy the seller. cannot do better than springer.
Thanks Luigi! Enjoy your watches for many years to come. It's been a real pleasure.

Below are a couple photos of the latest two beauties that now grace your wrist. Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Img_9248sm.jpg (77.3 KB, 292 views)
File Type: jpg Img_9955.sm.jpg (58.7 KB, 292 views)
File Type: jpg Img_9964sm.jpg (39.5 KB, 289 views)

Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.
Old 8 July 2016, 08:54 AM   #185
Kingface66
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1966 Rolex 5513
This insert arrived today. All I can say is, just LOOK at that thing! Even more gorgeous in person.
John's a pleasure to deal with, and a total pro.
Thank you, John!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (79.7 KB, 277 views)
Kingface66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2016, 09:25 AM   #186
luigi22
"TRF" Member

jp, i knew i should've bought that insert. wow! congrats to kingface, looks incredible.
luigi22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2016, 11:15 AM   #187
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingface66 View Post
This insert arrived today. All I can say is, just LOOK at that thing! Even more gorgeous in person.
John's a pleasure to deal with, and a total pro.
Thank you, John!
Wow Andy, it is just stunning. It has to be the nicest sapphire Sub insert that I ever run across. I'm glad it found a great watch to show it off. Thanks again, and I appreciate the comments here.

Old 30 July 2016, 11:02 AM   #188
Ckci
"TRF" Member

Watch: FedEx 4 next 1
Hey John! Thanks for the great watch! It's been fun talking to you as well. You are the go to guy for vintage GMT's.image.jpg
Ckci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2016, 02:52 AM   #189
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks Russell and enjoy your "root beer.'" Hopefully you can work it into the rotation with all your other fine watches.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160726_122318sm.jpg (84.3 KB, 248 views)

Old 11 August 2016, 03:51 PM   #190
heardg
"TRF" Member

Watch: Batman
Just picked up a new old stock black gmt bezel for my 16750 from John. What a great guy! Taught me more in a 2 minute phone call about my watch than all my visits to the AD. As if that wasn't enough, I got my bezel in my hands faster than if I had ordered it from an online retailer or something! Will definitely trade with him again!
heardg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 August 2016, 12:01 PM   #191
Turkeyleg
"TRF" Member

I wanted to give John a big thumbs up. After researching for a while about 1675's I found John. I sent him a message seeing if he could provide some insight on my grandfathers 1675. We spoke on and off a few times and I could tell he was very knowledgable, trustworthy and someone I could do business with. After speaking with him he put any reservations I had to rest.

We agreed on a price and I sent him my watch to look over. He did everything he said he would and we completed the transaction flawlessly. I would highly recommend trading with John. Thanks John!
Turkeyleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 August 2016, 01:25 AM   #192
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks Gunner and Ben for the feedback, I appreciate your comments!

Old 15 August 2016, 02:37 AM   #193
vertiasnyc1493
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II 16570
I just concluded a very smooth transaction with John for exceptional 5513 gloss dial. The watch was true to description. It arrived through overnight shipment in perfect condition. Communication with John was extremely pleasant. He is truly knowledgeable in the world of vintage rolex. I would not hesitate to complete another transaction with John in the future. Buy with confidence from John!
vertiasnyc1493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2016, 05:18 PM   #194
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks Nik. Enjoy your Submariner and good luck with the next one!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Img_0917sm.jpg (65.0 KB, 213 views)

Old 17 August 2016, 11:27 AM   #195
brandonwahl
"TRF" Member

I recently purchased a 1977 1675 from John. Aside from the absolutely stunning watch, it was an immense pleasure listening to his knowledge surrounding GMTs and the Rolex market in general. He knew I was looking at various 1675's, and even cautioned me about one in particular. John even adjusted the bracelet to my wrist size before shipping so that I could wear it right out of the box. That was a nice touch! Even after I received the watch, John followed up with a phone call to talk about it more! When you deal with John you get honesty, an education and a great watch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg (107.2 KB, 205 views)
brandonwahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2016, 11:52 AM   #196
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks for the kind words Brandon. I appreciate at the thought. Enjoy your GMT !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Img_0830sm.jpg (76.0 KB, 199 views)

Old 19 August 2016, 12:03 PM   #197
firstOwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: 20th Moon, ND Sub.
Just got 10 RSC green pouches from JP !
Brand new ! Transaction was smooth as silk !
Thanks Jonh .
Nathan
firstOwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 September 2016, 09:13 AM   #198
bkfast
"TRF" Member

Happy to add my positive feedback for a 16710 GMT II just purchased from John. He is just about everything you can ask for in a seller. Listing was detailed and complete, communication was excellent, shipping prompt, and watch arrived very well packed. Buy with confidence.
bkfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 September 2016, 12:36 AM   #199
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfast View Post
Happy to add my positive feedback for a 16710 GMT II just purchased from John. He is just about everything you can ask for in a seller. Listing was detailed and complete, communication was excellent, shipping prompt, and watch arrived very well packed. Buy with confidence.
Thanks Brady. Enjoy your GMT 16710 - they are definitely one of my favorites!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Img_1270sm.jpg (88.1 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg Img_1266.sm.modif.jpg (146.8 KB, 181 views)

Old 22 September 2016, 01:33 PM   #200
FrmrHoss
"TRF" Member

I'm happy to be able to post another solid review of John. I'd contacted him about a 16750 he had for sale which had already sold to another buyer, but had another pristine example not yet listed. Pictures did not even do the watch justice - it arrived timely and well packaged and John also did me the solid of hanging on to the watch for me for a few days even with other interested parties waiting in the wings. Also enjoyed the additional watch and GMT information provided free of charge ;).

Excited to spend some wrist time with this one.
FrmrHoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 September 2016, 01:45 AM   #201
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmrHoss View Post
I'm happy to be able to post another solid review of John. I'd contacted him about a 16750 he had for sale which had already sold to another buyer, but had another pristine example not yet listed. Pictures did not even do the watch justice - it arrived timely and well packaged and John also did me the solid of hanging on to the watch for me for a few days even with other interested parties waiting in the wings. Also enjoyed the additional watch and GMT information provided free of charge ;).

Excited to spend some wrist time with this one.

Thank you Chris. Enjoy your GMT 16750 for many years to come!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Img_1520,7.jpg (53.0 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg Img_9515,7.jpg (32.1 KB, 173 views)

Old 14 October 2016, 09:56 AM   #202
Springbok10
"TRF" Member

Another happy customer. Just purchased a 1972 1675 from John aka Springer and could not be happier with the watch and experience. Fortune to live in DFW area close to John and met in person, great lunch and conversation to boot. Highly recommend John!!!
Thanks again John!!! I am looking forward to the next one.
Springbok10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2016, 01:34 PM   #203
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbok10 View Post
Another happy customer. Just purchased a 1972 1675 from John aka Springer and could not be happier with the watch and experience. Fortune to live in DFW area close to John and met in person, great lunch and conversation to boot. Highly recommend John!!!
Thanks again John!!! I am looking forward to the next one.
Thanks Matt! Enjoy your GMT and don't be a stranger - lunch anytime.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Img_1605sm.jpg (78.0 KB, 153 views)
File Type: jpg Img_1591sm.jpg (44.1 KB, 152 views)

Old 26 October 2016, 06:35 AM   #204
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Just wanted to add the obvious (to all the guys on the vintage side here) that springer/JP is the real deal. Perfect gentleman and true to his word every step of the way. Answered all my beginner questions and sold me a terrific 1675 circa my birth year. The watch arrived today perfectly packed in stellar condition better than advertised. This definitely won't be the last watch I purchase from John and every conversation I've had with him has been nothing but interesting/educational in learning why he's called the true GMT guru around this community. Kudos John for being awesome. I'll be back for more.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2016, 10:15 AM   #205
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Thanks John. Enjoy your GMT for many years to come and don't be a stranger.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DIAL.SM.jpg (75.4 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg Img_6111sm.jpg (64.5 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg Img_6107sm.jpg (63.6 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg smallest.jpg (88.8 KB, 133 views)

Old 27 October 2016, 05:42 AM   #206
sensui
2024 Pledge Member

Will definitely be back for more John, keeping a close eye on the watches you list. Would also like to comment I also purchased a sweet 1675 blro insert and a nice period correct 93150 bracelet from John as well and they came as promised/in awesome condition per our conversation. This man is who you should go to for vintage GMTs.
sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 October 2016, 10:29 AM   #207
chimp98
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ Octa Lune
Just had the pleasure of getting to know John recently and bought a gen bracelet for my 16610 from him. Still waiting for it as he's going to FedEx it out tomorrow but my experience with John had been nothing but stellar so far. I also like his rule of talking to his buyer before allowing them to purchase from him. Brings back the human factor in this whole hobby! THUMBS UP for me with John so far! :)
chimp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2016, 10:38 AM   #208
WAS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 6610
John a/k/a "Springer" is THE Rolex guy

I've been a vintage guy for a while and I can tell you that John is more knowledgeable and honest than anyone out there, bar none. There are a few guys with active retail websites that supposedly have good reputations, but the truth is they are out to make a sale, and don't look very closely at the details, or perhaps just choose to be willfully ignorant. John is a stickler for correctness and knows exactly what is and is not correct about a watch. Most importantly, he will tell you the whole truth. You can have absolute confidence in buying from John.
WAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 November 2016, 01:48 PM   #209
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAS View Post
I've been a vintage guy for a while and I can tell you that John is more knowledgeable and honest than anyone out there, bar none. There are a few guys with active retail websites that supposedly have good reputations, but the truth is they are out to make a sale, and don't look very closely at the details, or perhaps just choose to be willfully ignorant. John is a stickler for correctness and knows exactly what is and is not correct about a watch. Most importantly, he will tell you the whole truth. You can have absolute confidence in buying from John.
Thanks for the kind words Tony! Enjoy your 1971 GMT. I'm glad I was able to help you out and get that back to original condition.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 502135153.jpg (92.6 KB, 99 views)

Old 14 December 2016, 05:14 PM   #210
havingagoodtime
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610 / 16570
Icon7

I'm so glad that I was able to acquire a very special 16700 from John in what was a smooth and communicative transaction. He's great to work with and an absolute wealth of knowledge on all things GMT (and I'm sure much more!) I knew he was the one I wanted to buy a complete, vintage, GMT from and I look forward to future purchases.
havingagoodtime is offline   Reply With Quote