The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 3 May 2016, 04:35 AM   #31
Watchurself
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Mine didn't scratch but something happened at a place it shouldn't and without any shock, it was sent to AP Le Brassus, mightq be that the case cracked, will know more later, in any case for me it is a defect as not a single shock happened on it...
I don't want to say I don't believe you, but I seriously cannot believe your watch simply cracked/chipped on its own...
Watchurself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2016, 04:42 AM   #32
martinr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchurself View Post
I don't want to say I don't believe you, but I seriously cannot believe your watch simply cracked/chipped on its own...
It must have been the dry air in Odessa, it just sucked all the moisture out of the ceramic. (Joking around Arnaud)
martinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2016, 09:40 AM   #33
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchurself View Post
Well I am having a very hard time to believe it as well, but it's in the AP boutique after inspecting it with a loupe they said they were sending it to Le Brassus to make a full inspection, you know as in any kind of material they can be a problem when it is made and it can happen, when you see where it is located it is just incredible, I already posted but here is one again, on the case between the rubber and the crown guard, the watchmaker at AP seemed to think the case was cracked and admitted that there was absolutely no sign of shock whatsoever, AP will take it appart and see the state of the case, I should know more in 1,5 months and will post the results here

image.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinr View Post
It must have been the dry air in Odessa, it just sucked all the moisture out of the ceramic. (Joking around Arnaud)
good one Martin, waiting for the results but in any case it is good to see AP is taking it very seriously and not even one second did they imply it could be my fault if the ceramic is cracked, especially where it is located if there had been a shock the crown guard or bezel would have had to be damaged, not the case at all, for me it is a problem with the ceramic, I think the AP analysis should say the same thing, don't see what else it could be.

To be honest I am a little disappointed but if the case is not cracked and I can swim with it I am ok as it is almost invisible, but if there's nonshock and case integrity is damaged I expect them to change it free of charge, it should be the case
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2016, 12:09 PM   #34
MichaelFlash
"TRF" Member

Nice!
MichaelFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2016, 08:19 PM   #35
APAP
"TRF" Member

We need more pics showing such details. Keep them coming.
APAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2016, 08:42 PM   #36
Patton250
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 5205R
Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
Well I am having a very hard time to believe it as well, but it's in the AP boutique after inspecting it with a loupe they said they were sending it to Le Brassus to make a full inspection, you know as in any kind of material they can be a problem when it is made and it can happen, when you see where it is located it is just incredible, I already posted but here is one again, on the case between the rubber and the crown guard, the watchmaker at AP seemed to think the case was cracked and admitted that there was absolutely no sign of shock whatsoever, AP will take it appart and see the state of the case, I should know more in 1,5 months and will post the results here

Attachment 737999

good one Martin, waiting for the results but in any case it is good to see AP is taking it very seriously and not even one second did they imply it could be my fault if the ceramic is cracked, especially where it is located if there had been a shock the crown guard or bezel would have had to be damaged, not the case at all, for me it is a problem with the ceramic, I think the AP analysis should say the same thing, don't see what else it could be.

To be honest I am a little disappointed but if the case is not cracked and I can swim with it I am ok as it is almost invisible, but if there's nonshock and case integrity is damaged I expect them to change it free of charge, it should be the case
I'm really sorry that happened to you. Looking at your picture I don't see how you could've done the damage yourself without seriously damaging the side of your watch as well. I am really looking forward to seeing what AP says.

Pride goes before destruction, and haughtiness before a fall.

Often times unbelief is disguised as wisdom

Instagram - patton250
Patton250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2016, 11:53 PM   #37
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benlee View Post
Picture says a thousand words... Just taken today and want to share.

Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2016, 11:58 PM   #38
nycpassat
"TRF" Member

Awesome photo Ben and great watch!!!
nycpassat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2016, 06:43 AM   #39
Mrkamir9
"TRF" Member

What a beauty! I don't care what anyone says, AP finish is as good as it gets 😉

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mrkamir9 is offline   Reply With Quote