The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8 May 2024, 05:13 AM   #9
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalGreubel View Post

I picked up my Principia a few weeks ago. I’m still in the honeymoon phase but I love it. The strap is extremely comfortable and the finishing is sublime. Although it wasn’t cheap I think it’s very fair for what it is. But then again ask me again in a few months and maybe my opinion will change lol.

I’ve never owned an Armin Storm but I’m a fan of the brand and I think it’s a great watch as well.
Nice, FYI the buffalo straps are made by LIC in belgium. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out who made them and someone finally told me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenshih1997 View Post
Unfortunately, I'm no longer in Vancouver, but thanks for the offer!

I also prefer smaller watches and think the Gronefeld is the largest I can comfortably wear though, that's why I was more focused on the Tribute 1 for the Armin Strom. My current largest watch is only 39mm (46-48mm lug to lug) for the fpj cb. Yeah, I was thinking the Armin Strom could be a bit more casual compared to the Gronefeld. Have you tried more casual straps with the Gronefeld, and could it be worn more casually?

Because of the smaller size I prefer, I couldn't find too many other independents with this level of finishing, so would definitely welcome other recommendations too!
NP.

The gronefeld can be dressed down no problem for sure. I tried it on a few straps and all looked good on it. I just meant moreso that the Armin Strom can't really be dressed up too much if that is an issue. For personally, not really a problem or something I care about. Even in formal business settings, it's never been an issue.

Tribute1 is a lot of bang for buck, but IMO I'd rather save a bit and buy a used Gravity Equal Force. YMMV of course.
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote