The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 12 November 2012, 07:34 AM   #1
moby33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Omega/Seiko
New POC 9300 (w/ Sub-C) - Review & Thoughts

First off, I wanted to thank Alfred (member: FNFZ4) for a great transaction. I've been looking to buy this POC for over a year and was thrilled with the price & speed in which Alfred was able to get the exact POC I was looking for. I've bought numerous watches over the years from multiple sources; I can say without hesitation that Alfred is now my 'Go To Guy'...so much so that I'm already thinking of buying another watch (Ladies Speedmaster) for my wife via Alfred. If you're looking for the BEST price and unbeatable service, look no further than Alfred. Thanks again!

Now onto the watch & brief history. For those that don't know, I'm a HUGE Omega Chrono fan...my SMP Chrono was the watch I feel in love w/ as a teenager and was my first 'real watch' purchase years ago. I use to be strictly an 'Omega Guy', but after buying a SD4000 about 5 years ago I started to really fall for Rolex too. After numerous Subs (16610's, LVs), SD/DSSD and most recently my beloved Sub-C, there's no doubt that Rolex will always stay in my collection.

I purchased the original POC 3313 years ago and while I liked the watch enough, I can admit I didn't absolutely fall in love with it. Something was always a little off for me. For those that love their 3313 I say, 'Great', but for me it just wasn't a good match. When I felt like wearing an Omega chrono, I found I enjoyed my old SMP more than the POC 3313. So ultimately it was sold and shortly replaced w/ the then brand new DSSD.

The DSSD was my daily wearer for over 2 years, and I never thought I would replace it with another Sub. I enjoyed the heavier weight and larger overall package of the DSSD over the Sub and absolutely LOVED the Glidelock & domed crystal. When the Sub-C came out I wasn't really interested; I figured my DSSD did everything the Sub-C did just fine and again, I preferred watches over 42mm. But on a semi-whim I decided to buy the Sub-C a little over 2 years ago and within no time it became my "Go To Watch". I couldn't believe I actually liked my Sub-C more than the DSSD, something I never thought I would say during the 2 years I never took the DSSD off my wrist.

Then along comes the new POC 9300...and even via pictures I knew it was something special. I'm in the camp that LOVES the new 2 subdials only. I love the date function now at 6 o'clock as well. After wearing the 9300 for some time now, here's what I like better about this new chrono when compared to the 3313:

- As mentioned, the 2 only subdials. They are considerably larger than the 3313, and therefore much easier to read. Additionally, FINALLY Omega put lume on their chrono hands...so if you're like me that actually uses their stopwatch in the dark, now you can actually read it.

- Again, I prefer the date window at the 6 position. It seems more balanced as I never really grew to like the off-center/diagonal date position of the 3313.

- The bezel function, material & look are worlds improved IMO. The 3313 ratchet system always felt a little cheap to me. This new bezel is tight, yet smooth. The ceramic strength speaks for itself, and the matte black is just what I was looking for. All my sport/dive watch bezels have a gloss bezel...I really like the subtle difference of now having a matte bezel in my lineup. Lastly, I love the squared off 'teeth' of the new bezel & pushers... definitively a throwback to vintage Omegas and a very sporty look IMO.

- The hands definitely look & read bigger. I read somewhere that they are bigger than the 3313, but in pictures I couldn't really see the difference. In person there's no doubt they are bigger and that translates to amazing clarity when it comes to reading time. I've never experienced a chrono where the standard time hands are so prominent and easy to read. They jump off the watch and never get lost in the background clutter of the subdials. That's a HUGE plus for me.

- Overall lume is your typical Omega brilliance...there's no trouble reading any hand after hours in the dark. The fact that they did another subtle change of providing two different colors only adds to the small attention to details that set this POC apart from the last iteration.

- The smaller length in the clasp is another improvement to me. It wears better and much less noticeable than the 3313.

- The applied hour indices & Omega logo/name are a work of art. The logo alone gives this watch a presence that screams quality. Some have hit the new 9300 regarding the price jump being too steep compared to the 3313...to me, there's no question that this watch is worth ever bit of the increase. Obviously a lot of the price increase comes from the now 100% in-house 9300 movement, but I applaud Omega for the other upgrades to this already quality watch to better justify why you're paying more. If this watch simply upgraded the movement but didn't do all the other things I've mentioned I would agree that the price jump wouldn't be worth it. But trust me, as an owner of both the 3313 & 9300, you definitely see why the 9300 costs more...it costs more because you get more from an overall quality feel & look that can't truly be captured via internet photos.

- Finally, the back crystal is a non-issue to me...I don't necessarily like OR dislike the feature. It's kind of cool to finally see the movement, but for me, I wear my watches and don't spend much time admiring the casebacks one way or the other. So I can't really mark this as a plus or minus...I guess that's a personal aspect of the watch that's 100% neutral for me.

In the end, I'm THRILLED with the new POC 9300. It definitely is a 'Big Watch'...I would have to say it wears ever so slightly bigger than my DSSD. Not so much from the thickness standpoint, but probably because the band has zero taper. I actually originally hated the taper on my DSSD, but after wearing it for a little while I started to love it and saw the genius in why Rolex did it. Omega has opted not to taper and it shows in the way it looks & feels. Again, I'm a 'Big Watch' lover, so it's not a big deal for me, but the 9300 is definitely not a watch I would recommend to anyone that is not 100% confident & comfortable wearing watches over 42mm. This watch is every bit 45.5mm...if you're on the fence that it may be too big, I would definitely recommend finding a way to try one out for a while before committing to buy. I don't think these pics to a good job of showing the difference in size of the POC to the Sub-C. In these shots the watch looks a little bigger...but in person & on the wrist, there's no doubt you've gone from essentially a 40mm to a 46mm watch.

Ultimately, I liked this 9300 so much I decided to part w/ my DSSD. Since my Sub-C gets all my wrist time, I just couldn't justify having the DSSD & POC 9300 in my stable. When I want to strap on a monster, the 9300 gets the call and I already know, like my Sub-C & SMP Chrono, this watch is staying in my collection forever.

Lastly, I'll end w/ the obligatory wrist shots. Forgive the cheap iPhone shots...I'm not a camera guy and couldn't produce a great pic if my life depended on it.

Cheers!

moby33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2012, 07:45 AM   #2
WJGESQ
Banned

Makes that sub look shiny and cheap----9300 looks great.
WJGESQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 November 2012, 07:55 AM   #3
moby33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJGESQ View Post
Makes that sub look shiny and cheap----9300 looks great.
Hold up, hold up...lets chock that up to a bad photographer w/ a cheap camera phone. The Sub-C is definitely not shiny or cheap, but a work of art IMO. But I understand what you're saying from these photos.

In the end, I think these two watches complement each other very well and glad I have them to choose from. The Sub-C is my workhorse - plain & simple. If I'm going diving, playing at the beach w/ my kids or hitting the slopes, I'm going to strap the Sub on as it's a very comfortable, relatively slim package (& you just can't beat the versatility of the Glidelock...I like to wear my watches a little loose...but when the activity level increases, so does the tightness).

But this 9300 is definitely my new 'fun watch'. For around the office or a leisurely day out w/ my wife & kids, I'm going w/ the 9300.

Old 12 November 2012, 04:15 PM   #4
dsio
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub 1680 '79
The other feature of the POC 9300, its another in a line of Omega diving chronographs with 100% water resistant pushers, so you can operate the chronograph to your heart's content in salt water or even while diving without worries. Only Omega chronographs, JLC's MCDC, the TAG Aquagraph and a small handful of others can boast that capability.
-- Rolex Submariner 1680 "Ghost" '79 --
-- Rolex SS Daytona 116520 '04 --
dsio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2012, 02:15 AM   #5
Bebot
"TRF" Member

Watch: U macallit
I think I am going to keep mine.

Thanks for the review.

--- __0 __0 __0
----_-\<,_ -\<,
_(_)(_)/_(_)/ (_)
Bebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2012, 03:23 PM   #6
Palmasea
"TRF" Member

Watch: JLC~AP~RLX~PAM~UN
Excellent review!

I could not agree with you more on the excellence of the POC and all of its derivatives.

This is an excellent road that Omega is taking with the 9300 movement - which is in a class of its own for this price range.

I might like other competitors designs a bit more -say a Panerai or JLC Sub - but with the new chrono movement...I definitely give the edge to Omega.

I hope to join your POC club soon - with a liquid metal blue titanium such as the one shown.

Wear your POC in good health!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (82.0 KB, 1547 views)
Palmasea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 November 2012, 04:48 PM   #7
asadtiger
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tissot PRX
what an absolute beauty the 9300 and 8500 line are

enjoy your's in the best of health.
asadtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 November 2012, 02:55 PM   #8
moby33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asadtiger View Post
what an absolute beauty the 9300 and 8500 line are
Couldn't agree more...the more I look at it, the more I like it. And the chrono operation is silky smooth...a work of art IMO.
Old 14 November 2012, 11:20 PM   #9
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

I wholeheartedly agree with your review. The symmetric layout of the dial is a welcome change compared to most chronographs, and I love the placement of the date window at 6. Day and night readability is excellent, much better than my 39mm Explorer I. The watch is surprisingly comfortable given its size, and the short lugs make it wearable on a smaller wrist. The movement is functionally top notch as well, and the level of decoration is a nice touch. I travel across time zones a fair amount, and I've come to appreciate the ability to move the hour hand independently while the watch is running. Mine runs +4s per day no matter how much I wear it, how I rest it, etc. and it's great to maintain that precision when changing the hour or date.
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2012, 04:16 AM   #10
moby33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmasea View Post
I could not agree with you more on the excellence of the POC and all of its derivatives.

This is an excellent road that Omega is taking with the 9300 movement - which is in a class of its own for this price range.

I might like other competitors designs a bit more -say a Panerai or JLC Sub - but with the new chrono movement...I definitely give the edge to Omega.

I hope to join your POC club soon - with a liquid metal blue titanium such as the one shown.

Thanks, good luck w/ your POC hunt. I considered going the blue LM route, but ultimately my SMP Chrono is the classic dark blue version, so I figured a black & blue Omega Chrono would provide a little more diversity in my collection.

Old 25 December 2012, 04:24 PM   #11
FNFZ4
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmasea View Post

wow this is a rare one you have.

Watches:
Patek 5205G | Patek 5167A | 16613 Serti | 116718 Green | 216570 Black | 16700 Pepsi

Wish list:
Patek 5726/1 | AP RG Ceramic | Patek 5712 | Patek 5130
FNFZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2012, 12:23 AM   #12
Palmasea
"TRF" Member

Watch: JLC~AP~RLX~PAM~UN
Im afraid I went for the Stainless Steel instead(the blue liquidmetal chrono was just a picture taken at the boutique)

Happy Holidays
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (105.6 KB, 1346 views)
Palmasea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2012, 02:06 AM   #13
sea-dweller
"TRF" Member

Looks nice!
sea-dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 December 2012, 07:47 AM   #14
Cesium133
"TRF" Member

The POC 9300 is so amazing. Omega is producing such great new watches that I think they are almost too nice looking to wear for everyday activities. I don't want to sound crazy, but to me they are almost a form of art.
Cesium133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2012, 10:09 AM   #15
AK797
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: ing ships roll in
I love the new ceramic Omegas, and like the Rolexes they are a real step up in class, fit and finish to older models, just think the chrono is too thick for me, so more interested in the 8500.
AK797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 July 2016, 01:24 PM   #16
moby33
"TRF" Member

9300 SS Sold Last Year - But 9300 Returns (in Ti)

Hey guys...bringing back a thread after almost 4 years!

I figured why not add to my original review w/ an update. While everything I wrote about the 9300 I still feel strongly about, I'm man enough to admit some mistakes. Namely that I ended up selling the watch after a little over a year ownership due to the fact it was simply TOO HEAVY.

I tried to convince myself it wasn't so bad - I've always liked big, heavy dive watches and figured the SS 9300 weight would eventually become a non-issue. But tragically, it didn't. After a lot of struggle, I decided it was time to sell as I just wasn't enjoying the feeling. It was bitter-sweet as I absolutely LOVED the looks and the functions of the chrono, but enough was enough.

But as we WIS tend to do, I couldn't stop thinking about the watch. Then, last week I dropped my Sub-C off at Rolex for a routine service. Wouldn't you know it, but the Omega Boutique was right next door. So in I walk wondering if they happen to have a 9300 in titanium. Sure enough they did and after 4 seconds on my wrist I was blown away at how in love I was with the watch.

Now you've got to understand, in general, I am NOT a fan of titanium watches. While I can appreciate the material, to me, on dive watches they tend to feel too light, sound a little too tinny, and appear a little too dark gray for my tastes. All these factors always left me feeling like the watch had a cheap, toy-ish feel & look to them.

But with the 9300 grade 5 titanium Omega is using, all these aspects don't come up. The watch is NOW perfectly balanced and super light; obviously at 45.5mm wide & 19mm thick, this is still a seriously big watch. But the weight savings of the Ti make this watch wear extremely light and comfortable on the wrist. The grade 5 sheen is glorious...not dark gray like the old Ti Seamaster Pro's of the 1990's, but a dull SS shade that I absolutely love (my SS 9300 was a little too bright for my liking if I'm being completely honest...Omega's SS is just not as pleasant to my eye as Rolex...but this Ti is closer to Rolex SS in appearance believe it or not).

And the dark blue of the Liquidmetal dial and bezel is amazing. My cheap camera phone does not do the color justice...it's almost black when observed under inside light, yet out in natural light is a glorious dark blue that is perfect (for some reason it looks much lighter blue in these shots, but it's very much a rich, deep, dark blue when viewed in person). And the gloss of both gives the watch a constant wet appearance (like the glorious finish of a non-metallic classic car paint job). Again, these pics absolutely do NOT do this watch justice...you've got to see it in person to really appreciate the magnificent color, fit & finish this watch demonstrates.

At any rate, I couldn't be happier with the 9300 Ti. Finally I can enjoy the 9300 again! Here are a few obligatory Omega chrono shots (w/ my 1990's 42mm Seamaster Pro Chrono and my wife's relatively new Speedy...which she absolutely loves too as the 38mm size of this Speedy is perfect for women like my wife that doesn't want a small "ladies" watch, but also doesn't necessarily like wearing 40mm+ men's watches...Omega did it right w/ producing a 38mm for the ladies).

Cheers!

Old 12 July 2016, 12:48 PM   #17
Gasguzlr
"TRF" Member

I'm glad you revived the thread! I have walked a similar path as you... I have a Deepsea, Sub C and SD4000, and for years have craved a POC 9300. I finally bought one about 4 years ago and loved it at the start for the very same reasons you stated in your excellent review. It truly is an amazing piece.

However, after comparing it to the comfort of a Deepsea, which has similar dimensions, it wasn't coming out on top. The bracelet SAVES the Deepsea... it addresses the one complaint I had with the 9300... the balance. The weight of the watchhead always causes it to roll to the far side of my wrist, and having the bracelet basically too tight for comfort was the only "solution", although this raised further problems because my wrist swells during the day, making the watch essentially unwearable.

I tried it on the deloyant rubber strap... which is excellent by the way... but I was losing the love. I'm not afraid of large watches, having in my collection plenty of Panerai, Breitling, and other Omega divers, but the balance of the 9300 was killing it for me. So I moved it.

Recenltly I acquired a 8500 Ti, with the same blue dial and bezel as your new 9300, and it is spectacular. Although I bought the deloyant dive strap for it as well, I never take it off the bracelet. The weight is such that I can have it slightly loose so that as my wrists swells during the day it remains comfortable. The balance is perfect, and the 8500 Ti gets a ton of weist time.

Lately I find myself contemplating the 9300 in Ti, since it seems to solve the balance issue. Your reviving the thread has revived that need in me... especially since it appears the watch may have recently been discontinued.

Thanks for giving me somethng to compare to, and thnk about! And a huge congrats on your absolutely gorgeous new 9300!!

Cheers

Ross
Gasguzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2016, 12:04 PM   #18
moby33
"TRF" Member

No problem Ross, glad I could help. I can't say enough good things about the 9300 in Ti vs. the SS...never thought I would say that, but as mentioned previously, the weight is a no-brainer and the finish of the new Ti is so much more appealing to me due to the almost identical appearance to SS (as opposed to the Ti Omega's of decades ago that looked very dark gray).

Last thing to consider is the following news I just received from my local Omega Boutique. I was back in the mall a few days ago and swung back into the shop just to check out more watches. When I was talking to a rep, I mentioned how I love my new 9300 Ti, but I still wish Omega had a clasp like my DSSD & Sub-C's Glidelock as I still like to wear my watches somewhat loose, yet adjust tighter when activity level increases.

The rep mentioned (then showed me) how the newer Omega Seamaster's do have their own version of the Glidelock...and while it's not stock for my PO, the size is the same and it would go on my watch. The only downside was this rep didn't think it came in Ti. But the next day the manager called me and said I could get a SS micro-adjust clasp for around $117 (don't quote me on the exact price...it was in the ball-park) OR a Ti for a little under $300. I was blown away...so put in an order for the Ti. So now my beloved 9300 Ti is soon going to have a micro-adjust clasp just like my Rolex! So cool...I can't believe I didn't even know about the new Omega micro-adjust clasps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasguzlr View Post
I'm glad you revived the thread! I have walked a similar path as you... I have a Deepsea, Sub C and SD4000, and for years have craved a POC 9300. I finally bought one about 4 years ago and loved it at the start for the very same reasons you stated in your excellent review. It truly is an amazing piece.

However, after comparing it to the comfort of a Deepsea, which has similar dimensions, it wasn't coming out on top. The bracelet SAVES the Deepsea... it addresses the one complaint I had with the 9300... the balance. The weight of the watchhead always causes it to roll to the far side of my wrist, and having the bracelet basically too tight for comfort was the only "solution", although this raised further problems because my wrist swells during the day, making the watch essentially unwearable.

I tried it on the deloyant rubber strap... which is excellent by the way... but I was losing the love. I'm not afraid of large watches, having in my collection plenty of Panerai, Breitling, and other Omega divers, but the balance of the 9300 was killing it for me. So I moved it.

Recenltly I acquired a 8500 Ti, with the same blue dial and bezel as your new 9300, and it is spectacular. Although I bought the deloyant dive strap for it as well, I never take it off the bracelet. The weight is such that I can have it slightly loose so that as my wrists swells during the day it remains comfortable. The balance is perfect, and the 8500 Ti gets a ton of weist time.

Lately I find myself contemplating the 9300 in Ti, since it seems to solve the balance issue. Your reviving the thread has revived that need in me... especially since it appears the watch may have recently been discontinued.

Thanks for giving me somethng to compare to, and thnk about! And a huge congrats on your absolutely gorgeous new 9300!!

Cheers

Ross
Old 17 July 2016, 12:13 PM   #19
moby33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasguzlr View Post
Your reviving the thread has revived that need in me... especially since it appears the watch may have recently been discontinued.
Didn't know this either...is it strong rumors, or legit fact?
Old 17 July 2016, 04:23 PM   #20
yannis
"TRF" Member

Watch: maniac
Congrats Moby man! Great watch and upgrade!

yannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2016, 01:26 AM   #21
Bernie.H.
Banned

That's a great looking diver. Thanks for updating the thread, very interesting.
Bernie.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2016, 01:35 AM   #22
psv
"TRF" Member

I always wished Omega did a titanium version what was in regular black, not only blue. Great watch though (but I would get that DSSD back though as well... ;-) )
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 July 2016, 01:41 AM   #23
Kodok
"TRF" Member

Hi Moby,
Mind sharing the part number for the glide lock for POC9300 ? Folks at WUS have been converting the SS one and 42mm Ti but not the POC Ti 9300 yet.
Thank you.
Kodok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2016, 07:40 AM   #24
moby33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodok View Post
Hi Moby,
Mind sharing the part number for the glide lock for POC9300 ? Folks at WUS have been converting the SS one and 42mm Ti but not the POC Ti 9300 yet.
Thank you.
I will share when I get it. I didn't do anything but tell the boutique I wanted it (so I'm in the dark as I did zero research)...they said they would order and call me in 7-10 business days when it arrives. I expect it to arrive sometime this week...will update w/ pics & info once I have it installed on the watch.
Old 24 July 2016, 08:45 AM   #25
moby33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by psv View Post
I always wished Omega did a titanium version what was in regular black, not only blue. Great watch though (but I would get that DSSD back though as well... ;-) )
Years ago I loved dark blue watches (probably had to do w/ the fact that my SMP Chrono was my first love and came in the dark blue)...I use to think black divers were a dime a dozen.

Then I owned 2 Subs, 1 LV, 1 SD, 1 DSSD & finally my SubC (all gone now except the SubC) and was hooked on the black diver. So when Omega came out w/ the 9300 w/ SS being black, and Ti being blue, I was perfectly fine w/ it as I preferred SS and liked black better. Win-win for me as I NEVER thought I would get the Ti and was over the blue dials.

But man, now that I've experienced both SS vs. Ti (which obviously equates to black vs blue), there's no question, I'm back to loving blue (at least on this watch). The blue of the 9300 is so much better looking than the blue on my SMP...a much darker, richer blue that just looks amazing. So for me, the fact that the Ti is only offered in blue isn't an issue...I can honestly say if they offered both black & blue in Ti, I would still opt for the blue.
Old 31 July 2016, 03:58 AM   #26
Gasguzlr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby33 View Post
Didn't know this either...is it strong rumors, or legit fact?
Sorry, rumors only... I am guilty of perpetuating potential falsehoods. I simply read this somewhere and I should not have repeated it until confirmed.

Hopefully it's incorrect. Variety is always nice.

Cheers

Ross
Old 31 July 2016, 04:03 AM   #27
Gasguzlr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby33 View Post
No problem Ross, glad I could help. I can't say enough good things about the 9300 in Ti vs. the SS...never thought I would say that, but as mentioned previously, the weight is a no-brainer and the finish of the new Ti is so much more appealing to me due to the almost identical appearance to SS (as opposed to the Ti Omega's of decades ago that looked very dark gray).

Last thing to consider is the following news I just received from my local Omega Boutique. I was back in the mall a few days ago and swung back into the shop just to check out more watches. When I was talking to a rep, I mentioned how I love my new 9300 Ti, but I still wish Omega had a clasp like my DSSD & Sub-C's Glidelock as I still like to wear my watches somewhat loose, yet adjust tighter when activity level increases.

The rep mentioned (then showed me) how the newer Omega Seamaster's do have their own version of the Glidelock...and while it's not stock for my PO, the size is the same and it would go on my watch. The only downside was this rep didn't think it came in Ti. But the next day the manager called me and said I could get a SS micro-adjust clasp for around $117 (don't quote me on the exact price...it was in the ball-park) OR a Ti for a little under $300. I was blown away...so put in an order for the Ti. So now my beloved 9300 Ti is soon going to have a micro-adjust clasp just like my Rolex! So cool...I can't believe I didn't even know about the new Omega micro-adjust clasps.

Well now... THIS is a bit of great news!! The one thing that turned me off may have finally been addressed. I currently have two 8500 divers... the aforementioned Ti version as well as an orange version. I wear the orange one entirely on one of Omega's awesome deployant rubber dive straps with the orange stitching, mainly because the weight of the SS keeps it rolling around and with no micro-adjustment possible, I'm in the same boat I was with my 9300. The micro-adjustable clasp would be a lifesaver! Hopefully you will post your impressions and pics when you get the clasp.

Cheers!

Ross
Old 31 July 2016, 05:10 AM   #28
sportsmaven20
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
These links provide more insight into this topic...hope this helps.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/pla...e-2938834.html

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/ti-...p-3141354.html

The Omega Boutique can confirm, but I believe from the "PO fitment issues problem solved" thread (page 15, post #150) the ref. no. for the 42mm Ti version is 117TIZ001151. The cost is $312 plus tax.
sportsmaven20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2016, 12:29 PM   #29
moby33
"TRF" Member

New clasp in & as expected, makes a great watch even better. Here's some pics...

Also, per the receipt, the item # is 0117TIZ001151, price was $292 for the Ti. Didn't get the exact price for the SS clasp, but I think he mentioned something around $180.

Next to the OE clasp...as expected, the 'Glidelock' is obviously slightly longer...but I've been wearing it for almost 5 days now and can't report any discomfort issues w/ the longer clasp. The watch is still perfectly balanced and fits great.

Closed:

Open:

Close up of 'teeth':

Operation is very smooth & easy...dare I say I think I like the movement better than my SubC Glidelock. The "PUSH" button is easy to engage and micro-adjustments are seamless. Nice work Omega taking a brilliant concept and making it even better.

My only complaint: Why doesn't Omega put these on ALL 9300 PO's as OEM...a watch this big demands micro adjustments from the factory. Kind of sucks we have to dish out another $300 to get the feature...but alas, I still think it's very worth it.
Old 2 August 2016, 04:44 AM   #30
Kodok
"TRF" Member

Thanks Moby for the part number. It is indeed a nice way to adjust the fitment on POC 9300 Ti.
Kodok is offline   Reply With Quote