The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 April 2010, 03:38 PM   #1
imranahmed

Watch: GMT IIc
AD experiences in London ?

I have always enjoyed myself being 'looked down'by various ADs in London. To be fair to them I am always in tourist attire when I visit them. I cannot possibly dress in a suit to honour them.

At Wempe, New Bond Street. There was an Indian guy Sunil Madhvani who greeted me. It was very pleasant but the impression was that I should be honoured to buy from them !! I told the guy come on and get straight. As after he prattled on on about Rolex , I gave him some info on vintage models which I have and heis attitude changed. I told him show me the sports models in their inventory. To be fair he did get some but when I mentioned a discount , I thought he would sink in the ground. Anyhow I did buy a dd for my son and later when he wheeled out the Breitling Navitimer plain with blue leather strap (the one John Travolta wears) I told him no discount or no deal. He reluctantly gave me GBP 50 but when I took out the Amex, he wanted a visa card. I said sorry. I bought these watches in 2007 and with recent price increases cannot complain ! Rolex must be told to educate their dealers in customer relations as when I worked for Exxon we were constantly told that "Customer is King".
imranahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2010, 05:28 PM   #2
sea-dweller
"TRF" Member

I was in London last week visiting and stopped by some AD's and pre-owned places. In a word, shocked at the prices compared to the US !
TRF Member #6699 (since September 2007)
sea-dweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2010, 10:44 PM   #3
jrpb
"TRF" Member

Watch: White Explorer II
customer service is non-existent in most places in UK wether they are AD's shoe shops or supermarkets, alot of people who work in these shops look down their nose's at people and it stinks.
I had a girl in Costa Coffee pull me on my pronuciation of the word latte a few weeks ago in front of a cue of at least 10 other people, being from London i sometimes do not pronounce my T's very clearly and it would have been quite embaressing for some people but seeing as im a bit of a scumbag (joke) i let her have it both barrells and told the shop girl to be a good little waitress and get my f'ing coffee and be quick.
this sums up how you get treated here so imagine how important the people who work in RAD's think they are.
Casio G-Shock MTG 910D
jrpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2010, 11:03 PM   #4
Puffy
"TRF" Member

Agree Jon - customer services does not exist in London.

In the rest of England it's a different story, thankfully a better one.
Old 21 April 2010, 12:28 AM   #5
veidtadrian
"TRF" Member

Watch: (2) SS DJ + SS Sub
Having done my schooling in London..just wear nice shoes and speak in a "neutral accent"! The ones located nearer to The City usually offer decent service.
veidtadrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2010, 12:47 AM   #6
tkc324
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona AP DD Sub
This is why i love about this forum... a chance to learn and hear others' stories about their culture and experiences.
I am sad to hear that you were not treated the right way. I think Rolex should have a system for customers to complaint about poor customer service... and appropriate punishment should be handed down.
By the way... there is NO WAY, i am buying from an AD that doesn't have respect for me... I don't care if I visited their AD in my pajamas... customer is always right.
tkc324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2010, 12:56 AM   #7
jas55
"TRF" Member

I saw about 5 AD's in London recently, there was small one inside Harrod's too.

Explorer 2-Polar
Omega Seamaster Quartz
jas55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2010, 12:57 AM   #8
learnmore60
"TRF" Member

Watch: Love the Vintage
I was in NY during easter.. and it just made me realise how poor customer service in UK really is across all industries.. and we are just attuned to accepting it!!
learnmore60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2010, 01:02 AM   #9
Dylan Wade

Watch: EXP II
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpb View Post
customer service is non-existent in most places in UK wether they are AD's shoe shops or supermarkets, alot of people who work in these shops look down their nose's at people and it stinks.
I had a girl in Costa Coffee pull me on my pronuciation of the word latte a few weeks ago in front of a cue of at least 10 other people, being from London i sometimes do not pronounce my T's very clearly and it would have been quite embaressing for some people but seeing as im a bit of a scumbag (joke) i let her have it both barrells and told the shop girl to be a good little waitress and get my f'ing coffee and be quick.
this sums up how you get treated here so imagine how important the people who work in RAD's think they are.
Now that's a classic response: "be a good little waitress and get my f'ing coffee and be quick." Sorry but I had to laugh at this one, I bet you wanted her to be quick indeed and watched every move she made behind the counter with your uncontaminated coffee
Dylan Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2010, 01:04 AM   #10
Dylan Wade

Watch: EXP II
Quote:
Originally Posted by learnmore60 View Post
I was in NY during easter.. and it just made me realise how poor customer service in UK really is across all industries.. and we are just attuned to accepting it!!
I think there are simply many more unhappy people today.....Sad but True I fear..........
Dylan Wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2010, 01:10 AM   #11
Psmith
"TRF" Member

Watch: spring-driven
Have to say I had good customer service in the UK a couple of years ago - London and elsewhere. But surprisingly, in Harrods watch room I found the two chaps in the small Rolex area to be rather offhand.

I remember Wempe, WOS, etc being friendly and helpful.

Cheers
Old 21 April 2010, 01:13 AM   #12
Quicksilver
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing watches
I have always had good experiences with London AD's - nothing to complain of.