The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8 November 2018, 12:54 AM   #1
gaoxing84
Banned

Watch: Audemars Piguet RO
Bad Experience dealing with Alex 21

I would like to change my feedback after further inspection of the Sub Date that i received from Alex21 (Yacine)

He stated in his AD that the watch is Mint, free of dents, dings or cuts. But when i received it, it has 2 dents on the crown. Please see picture 1.

How the deal went down.

1. We had agreed to the price of $7900 USD and I will provide the shipping label.

2. Ask for a video call to verify that the watch is indeed in his possession.
Had the video call, it was blur but i did saw the watch and I am ready to wire him the funds.

3. Ask for photos but received some blur photos and some clear photos. None of them showed the dent on the crown and I took his words for it.

4. Received the watch and upon a further inspection, it was pointed out to me that the watch is dented at the crown at 2 parts.

5. Went back to his ad to verify photos on it, inspect the blur photos he sent me. Realised the dent was there, it was only visible if you zoom real hard into it and you know what you're looking for.

6. Talked to Alex21, he told me he was shocked and surprised. I told him i have taken photos of the watch upon arrival, didn't see the dent at the point of time but now that i see it, its there pretty obvious.

7. Asked for a solution, to have him pay for repairs of 150 USD to replace the crown at Rolex Service Centre. He only pay upon the receipt of the replacement but he refused, saying that he done his part by sending me clear , high resolution photos and we did the video call.

8. Decided, it's not worth it to further argue on such cases since no solution can be agreed on. i just want to make sure this is made know to everyone here.

Sellers, please declare anything and describe your watch properly, be truthful about it. If only the buyer could inspect it upon arrival, find a solution and fix it. or have the watch sent back.

Buyers, please ensure you do your due diligence, unlike me.

The sales thread
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...98#post9073298

Photo posted on the ad

Zooming in

"High resolution off-focused photo sent from Alex21 to me

The day i received the watch and i took this - I have the fedex delivery date and timestamp of the photo

Pretty sums it up.
gaoxing84 is offline   Reply With Quote