The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 18 January 2014, 06:13 PM   #31
Saoirse32
2024 Pledge Member

The AD was very helpful and gave me a book in English. So now the set I guess is complete. As far as the damage etc., I'm done with this guy after my last email with him. I figure RSC is squaring it away now and he wasn't interested in refunding my purchase originally so why would he help me with anything. He completely deflected my questions, became indignant, and treated like it was a personal attack of his character. If it were me and I had a buyer who clearly wasn't pleased a mere few hours after receiving it, I would just take it back. Just not worth the hassle...
ROLEX Sea-Dweller Mk1 (126600)
ROLEX DeepSea D-Blue (136660)
OMEGA Speedmaster “Silver Snoopy Award” (310.32.42.50.02.001)
OMEGA Seamaster Diver 300M 75th Anniversary (210.30.42.20.03.003)
IWC Chronograph Top Gun Edition “Woodland” (IW389106)
Saoirse32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2014, 06:15 PM   #32
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Write a short feedback on the BSwho is who .

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2014, 06:18 PM   #33
Rashid.bk
"TRF" Member

Watch: 12800ft = 3900m
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilyung View Post
IMO, when a buyer has an issue and the parties can't resolve the issue or if either party unilaterally posts about the transaction then I think the community at large should know who the parties are. That is to protect the community and give the other party an opportunity to voice their side.
I agree, these accusations cast a shadow on all sellers here in my opinion. And I agree with Patrick aka Cornerstone as somehow I have to pm you to have my seller vetted.
If this wasn't resolved behind closed doors and you brought it outside for resolution then both sides need to discuss it in the open. Has your issue with the seller been solved, yes or no. We're you deceived and left hanging, yes or no. Did the seller deliver an item in different condition as originally stated in the original sale, or change any part of his responsibility in the deal, yes or no.

There's not enough information here for me to make an assessment and no where in your paragraph is it clear exactly what went wrong or exactly what the seller did wrong except refuse a refund but why this was his decision is up for grabs. I understand you felt suspicious about some of the watch peripherals but other than that I'm sort of stumped and am not clear how you were wronged per se.

We've had two threads with people pointing pointing fingers and leaving me in mystery if I may run into either one of these questionable people or pm people to speak behind someone's back. No thanks.

You too guys deal with this and if I'm on the jury then I need to hear both sides.

If you're point was just to say "hey guys I have a sad story", ok it's sad.....then disregard everything I said and I hope you start to feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse32 View Post
To those who have pm'd me and asked my help and/or offered support, thank you. I guess some people just don't understand...
I don't understand....I wish that you feel better but I don't understand what else you want, for me to pm you and develop a bad impression of someone of which I'll then perpetuate to other forum members....
So far all my sellers have been excellent and I will continue to use them, so I'm good. I hope you don't have any more sad experiences in the future.
Rashid.bk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2014, 06:27 PM   #34
Lgear080
Banned

I believe your attempt at discourse is misguided at best.

More details about the seller are important. Rather than
Launch some vague missive - be up front about the entire
Transaction, seller included. I think we all agree that lack
Of transparency in description is unacceptable. Post feed-
Back In the who's who, leave your opinion out and stick
To the facts.
Lgear080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2014, 06:33 PM   #35
Saoirse32
2024 Pledge Member

I don't need anyone to check with me before they purchase. Do or don't, I couldn't care less. I realize my post was looong, it could've been much longer, but I tried to synthesize it as best I could. If you re-read it, you would see that the seller sold me a polished, damaged watch and none of it was disclosed by seller. Rolex confirmed this so unless I went out and polished it, damaged the movement, etc. in the short time I had it in some elaborate scheme to receive a refund for a watch I had paid for,...makes no sense. In addition, I even offered to pay (fully insured) to ship it back to him PRIOR to the refund and apologized for any inconvenience due to the fact I was nervous about getting ripped off and just hoped for the refund and be done. And the fact it's my baby now, have no contact with the seller, and wouldn't deal with him ever again, even if he offered a full refund. I'm done.
ROLEX Sea-Dweller Mk1 (126600)
ROLEX DeepSea D-Blue (136660)
OMEGA Speedmaster “Silver Snoopy Award” (310.32.42.50.02.001)
OMEGA Seamaster Diver 300M 75th Anniversary (210.30.42.20.03.003)
IWC Chronograph Top Gun Edition “Woodland” (IW389106)
Saoirse32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2014, 09:25 PM   #36
RolexDivers
Banned

Quote:
IMO, when a buyer has an issue and the parties can't resolve the issue or if either party unilaterally posts about the transaction then I think the community at large should know who the parties are. That is to protect the community and give the other party an opportunity to voice their side.
Yup! 100% on the $$$ -- Well said...
RolexDivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2014, 09:53 PM   #37
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerstore View Post
. Your post taints all TRF sellers including me so no naming no complaining. Mods please lock this thread .
No it doesn't and no we won't
Old 18 January 2014, 10:09 PM   #38
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
X2 and I would love to know who it is. We don't need dishonest members here so do tell! Also would like to hear their side of story. Lastly I am quite curious why they were banned on another forum.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2014, 10:48 PM   #39
Ector495
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Presa canary View Post
Sorry to hear this. Hopefully rsc makes it like new again. This wouldn't happen to be the buyer who held onto the watch for 10 days, would it? Either way, I'd be pissed too. Best of luck with this outcome
Exactly what I was thinking! I read that yesterday. Makes sense that this would pop up shortly after. There are always two sides to a story, and the truth is somewhere in between.
Old 18 January 2014, 10:58 PM   #40
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Yes indeed, well said
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2014, 11:16 PM   #41
TimeToGo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

This is another great post! Thank you for warning TRF of this "unnamed seller"... we will surely be very careful not to do deal with "him", where ever he is located.

I am sure we will know who he is when he "strikes again." And then of course, we will have to only blame ourselves because your post may be buried under the many great sellers on TRF that are getting excellent praise and yours will be at the bottom...

But we stand forewarned that you made the attempt and warned us. In fact, this post should be a sticky so that anytime a buyer wants to buy a watch on this forum, they check with you first to make sure it is not the same seller and then all will be fine.

Also, thank you for the hint that he was banned from other forums...we should be able to narrow this one down even better.
TimeToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2014, 11:25 PM   #42
CoachRolexRyan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Deep Sea
Hey OP I truly feel awful about your situation. Especially that after all that some of our members have not been sympathetic to your unfortunate circumstance. Although I understand and respect your decision not to name names, they do have a valid point as well. My 2 cents at this point is to name the seller. It seems like the right thing to do. If you still feel strongly about being wronged by someone and letting them completely get away with it, then I applaud your strength in character. I couldn't do it.
Old 18 January 2014, 11:51 PM   #43
nsumner
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToGo View Post
This is another great post! Thank you for warning TRF of this "unnamed seller"... we will surely be very careful not to do deal with "him", where ever he is located.

I am sure we will know who he is when he "strikes again." And then of course, we will have to only blame ourselves because your post may be buried under the many great sellers on TRF that are getting excellent praise and yours will be at the bottom...

But we stand forewarned that you made the attempt and warned us. In fact, this post should be a sticky so that anytime a buyer wants to buy a watch on this forum, they check with you first to make sure it is not the same seller and then all will be fine.

Also, thank you for the hint that he was banned from other forums...we should be able to narrow this one down even better.

Well said Norm!
Cautionary tales do us no good, unless we know who we're being cautious with.

Last edited by nsumner; 18 January 2014 at 11:55 PM.. Reason: Content
nsumner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 12:09 AM   #44
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse32 View Post
I asked the AD in Canada from where the watch was originally purchased. They said no way that rolex or any rolex from Canada would have an Italian book. Who knows?
Can you share the country code on the warranty card?
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 12:17 AM   #45
Bangel
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
While there are always at least 2 sides to every story, this side of it suggesting a misrepresented watch is very compelling.

Sorry to hear of your experience.

I too, would also encourage you to share the identity of the seller.
Bangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 01:13 AM   #46
jjnd08
"TRF" Member

OP should definitely give us a name. What kind of open community is this if we don't share important details.
jjnd08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 01:35 AM   #47
anilzat
Banned

Watch: GMT
My 2¢, If in doubt by others, you could post the repair from the Rolex dealer for proof of repairs. This would put questions of doubts too rest, and you blot out the information that is sensitive.
anilzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 02:36 AM   #48
afnios1

Watch: IWC 371503 gst.
you give us the one side of the coin so none has any objection about your said.Would be fair enough to name the seller so we could have the other side of this coin and this is how we can make up our minds about who is what....Plus we dont get any protection for a noname seller.
afnios1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 02:59 AM   #49
cali kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, 16613, 024
37 post and all this commotion, I've only got a few hundred post but have been a member here going on 5 years. I have a huge problem with the OP making all these accusations but won't mention in open forum who sold him a bum watch, it just doesn't make any sense and will only cause problems for people looking to buy for the first time from one of our trusted sellers, as guys using sellers of choice know what their going to get and happy with the service. Without proof you just sound like a disgruntled AD having a problem with sellers on the forum!! Guess that's my two cents...... Wait, why even bring this to the forum, you've helped nobody and could have quite possibly harmed a few great sellers!
Old 19 January 2014, 03:02 AM   #50
cornerstore
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman View Post
Well I feel dirty none the less
cornerstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 03:08 AM   #51
Cc1966
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the Sea...
Holy Moly! I read the entire thread and still don't really know a d@mn thing on protecting myself from this mysterious seller. Waste of time IMHO unless he names the seller.

"I wish to have no Connection with any Ship that does not Sail fast for I intend to go in harm's way."
Captain John Paul Jones, 16 November 1778
"Curmudgeons " Favorites: 1665 SD, Sub Date, DSSD, Exp II, Sub LV, GMTIIc
Cc1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 03:27 AM   #52
steveclocks
"TRF" Member

Watch: rolex/JLC/panerai
Oh man, this thread is still going on and on and on
(saying nothing at all !)
steveclocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 03:33 AM   #53
TimeToGo

We are going to get to the bottom of this:

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthrea...39#post4672839
TimeToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 03:37 AM   #54
steveclocks
"TRF" Member

Watch: rolex/JLC/panerai
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeToGo View Post
We are going to get to the bottom of this:

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthrea...39#post4672839
This is just brilliant :r ofl:
I am pretty sure we'll nail him soon
steveclocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 03:43 AM   #55
daveathall
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I'm confused. If the seller treated you in such a shameful way as your post illustrates, why wouldn't you want to name him for the benefit of the members here? Surely you don't think that you owe him anonymity?

Or is there more to this story that hasn't been revealed?

DAVE

daveathall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 03:58 AM   #56
HL65
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: One on my wrist.
Here is what I will say: The seller is anything but a trusted seller. He has ZERO feedback and has been here since Sept of 13--4 whole months. Once again these issues don't seem to happen with well known trusted sellers with pages of references and positive feedback. I am sorry but when you deal with people like this you are taking on the risk and the outcomes are on you. If you do your homework in advance and deal with the known you get the known when it comes to end result. I asked the OP to list seller and he will. So have at it but once again another lesson learned. I do want to hear the other side of story as thus far not looking good for him. So I will also PM him so we can get his story too.

SPEM SUCCESSUS ALIT
HL65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 04:09 AM   #57
cali kid
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610, 16613, 024
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFan65 View Post
Here is what I will say: The seller is anything but a trusted seller. He has ZERO feedback and has been here since Sept of 13--4 whole months. Once again these issues don't seem to happen with well known trusted sellers with pages of references and positive feedback. I am sorry but when you deal with people like this you are taking on the risk and the outcomes are on you. If you do your homework in advance and deal with the known you get the known when it comes to end result. I asked the OP to list seller and he will. So have at it but once again another lesson learned. I do want to hear the other side of story as thus far not looking good for him. So I will also PM him so we can get his story too.
Thank you for the info and its great to hear its not one of our many trusted sellers!
Old 19 January 2014, 04:18 AM   #58
anilzat
Banned

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Well said, always check references on a seller. The more the better.
anilzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2014, 04:37 AM   #59
laphroaig007
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 & PAM372
Such story without any details on seller... Useless...
You always buy the seller first, and as Kiryl wrote, the community must be aware so you should share names, and ask seller to come and give its own explanation.
IMHO.
Old 19 January 2014, 04:40 AM   #60
Keith1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C blue, DSSD
Quote:
Thank you very much for getting to the bottom of this!!
Keith1 is offline   Reply With Quote