The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Wanting To Buy - Watches etc.

Old 31 August 2016, 11:24 AM   #1
J!m
"TRF" Member

Watch: this! Hold my beer
Early 7835 bracelet and/or parts

I recently picked up a 1/70 7835 with a few issues I need to sort out, but it is amazingly tight for its age.

Some of the issues include the links out of order, or maybe one from one side was moved to the other side and not installed in the correct order. Maybe some other explanation.

Also the "7835" stamp on the first link does not have the "19" under it. I looked at another bracelet (here I believe) from the 70's that had the same clasp-end first links, but with the "19" stamp. Later 70's bracelets seem to have the typical last links with a short loop of steel, a round or oval mid link filler and the other normal end to attach to the next (normal) link.

The clasp cover has been shortened a bit. Maybe 1/16" or so but it is apparent when viewed from the side. Probably to cover some danage but the coronet is surprisingly crisp.

I think one of the "257" end links is aftermarket too (it's too clean inside and the font angle is different). So if you happen to have an orphan one, I'd be interested in that too.

I'm looking for a few links, specifically close to the clasp (narrow ones) because if I ever wear this it'll need more length. I will consider any bits and pieces you have. It will probably go to Mike Young at some point to have its dignity restored. It presents well as is, but bending folded links is not something I enjoy. At all.

Also anyone with another early one with these odd first (clasp side) links please reach out. I thought it was some home-made solution at first until I saw others. This is the first one I've owned like this.

By the way, this thing is dainty! Looks like a ladies clasp! I guess that's what the "B" is for on my Tudor 7835B- bigger clasp!

Thanks in advance!
J!m is offline   Reply With Quote