The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 24 May 2013, 10:31 PM   #1
de66
"TRF" Member

Patek Philippe Retail Price List 2013 CHF

Price List for Switzerland in Swiss Francs.
Those passing through/visiting or tourists: the VAT/Sales Tax in Switzerland is 8% and refundable in most cases if you are not a resident and taking the goods out of the country. Ask the shops before buying.
de66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2013, 11:58 PM   #2
dannyjak
"TRF" Member

Hi all

Not sure on last years 2012 prices in CHF but how have prices moved in comparison?

Also, a 5130 World Time is
USD$47,000 vs CHF 38,800 =
USD$47,000 vs around $40,000 after conversion

Is this expected? almost makes sense to take a trip to Geneva!
dannyjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2013, 09:26 AM   #3
de66
"TRF" Member

Check the sticky thread, 2012 pricelist

I posted a copy of 2012s price list in the sticky thread in chf, that might answer your question?
Looks like prices remained unchanged for the 5130 depending on the version. Unfortunately at the time Ii was unable to post a clearer copy of the list and it looks like i did not keep a paper copy...
Old 26 May 2013, 05:10 AM   #4
Soly20
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, AP, PP
5711/1 is 21900 chf = 22633.32 usd. WTF?
Soly20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2013, 06:49 AM   #5
de66
"TRF" Member

I am not familiar with the usd prices but I picked up the chf price list at the PP pavilion at Baselworld 2013. Concerning the vat/salestax, some sellers are located at the airport in Zurich (cant tell you about Geneva airport) which might make it easier when you are merely passing through Switzerland on a connecting flight. But i can tell you this, if you do drop by in switzerland to make your purchase: its a nice place :) drop me a message and i can give you some nice tips. At the bahnhofstrasse in zurich the authorized sellers are familiar with international clientele and are able to facilitate the forms for vat/ salestax refunds.
Old 26 May 2013, 08:44 AM   #6
myopiccoog
"TRF" Member

This is one of the Main drivers for Patek's trading so far back of retail right now. I know a lot of people only point at the price increases. I personally think the artifically strong dollar and slow demand in Asia is 3x the issue vs price. It puts a ton of pressure on US AD's. It also why Grey dealers are the best place to look because they are playing the currency exchange game.

Good time to buy if you know how! :) Oncee the dollar weakens, real prices (not retail but what they will actually trade for) will go back up.
myopiccoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2013, 09:46 AM   #7
de66
"TRF" Member

Well if it makes such a huge huge difference to the dollar prices I could arrange to purchase here and then ship to you. I dont know yet if I would qualify for tax refunds as I am not physically taking the watch out of the country, although I might a find a way to make that work. In the case of shipping you would still be responsible and liable for your own import/customs duties. If you want references about me you can talk to OCROLEXGUY, a wellknown and trusted seller here with whom I have had the pleasure of dealing as a buyer. PM me if you want to evaluate your options about purchasing in Switzerland.
Old 26 May 2013, 10:51 AM   #8
QueueCumber
"TRF" Member

Watch: ST:TNG
Does anyone think prices will drop on already released high end pieces (grand complications and complications) here in the USA?
QueueCumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2013, 12:40 PM   #9
myopiccoog
"TRF" Member

It depends on currency and demand. I think their is a greater chance right now for good upside than more downside. The dollar will weaken and price will go up. I think their might be 10% downside in some of the grand complications if you truly buy at traded price not AD prices. The downside will only happen if Asia doesn't bounce back and the dollar strengthens more. Once the US stops their fiscal stimulation and buying of treasuries the dollar will weaken.

It is not a US question. It is a global market question.
myopiccoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 June 2013, 08:11 AM   #10
jon_jon
"TRF" Member

If there an official price list for EU? Would pricing be the same in Germany as it is in Belgium, France or Austria?
jon_jon is offline   Reply With Quote