The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

View Poll Results: What should JJ do?
Forget the whole thing and keep the PO? 6 24.00%
Sell the PO and buy the Exp-II? 14 56.00%
Keep the PO and wait for a few months? 1 4.00%
Shut the F**K up! LOL! LOL! 4 16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 September 2005, 12:33 PM   #31
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle-AJ
JJ if I had a PO, I'd pay someone $500 to take it off my hands.
ROTFLMAO!!

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2005, 12:41 PM   #32
AJC
"TRF" Member

Hey JJ,

I know you love the P.O. but as you've mentioned,Omega seem to drop price all day long and as more second hand P.Os come on market the change over will be further away especially the way Rolex prices increase.

$500 drop today wiil seem little after a few months of owning the Rolex.As they say "price is forgotten as quality remains".

Just do it !!

Aaron
AJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2005, 05:30 PM   #33
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Watch: ALL SOLD!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJC
Hey JJ,

I know you love the P.O. but as you've mentioned,Omega seem to drop price all day long and as more second hand P.Os come on market the change over will be further away especially the way Rolex prices increase.

$500 drop today wiil seem little after a few months of owning the Rolex.As they say "price is forgotten as quality remains".

Just do it !!

Aaron
That's what these two keep telling me all the time also!!

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
JJ Irani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2005, 05:48 PM   #34
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Myself would keep the PO,you already have a Rolex and if you sell
the pumpkin JJ what else can we tease you about.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2005, 05:51 PM   #35
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56
Myself would keep the PO,you already have a Rolex and if you sell
the pumpkin JJ what else can we tease you about.
Sorry, Padi, PO went off this afternoon for 3 grand. Now I have to start thinking about the Exp-II.

I firmly believe that my time on planet earth is NOT yet up!! I shall fight this to the very end.......and WIN!!
Old 14 September 2005, 06:04 PM   #36
SSB
"TRF" Member

My opinion is that you should dump the PO and buy the Explorer -II .

Knowing you, you will tire of one of them ( The YM or the EXP) and wnat to sell it in the near future.

If you buy ROlex then you are at least assured of minimising your loss if you buy it at the right price.

Also, Only Rolex suits you, JJ :-)
SSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2005, 07:47 PM   #37
Earl
"TRF" Member

Watch: out
JJ, sell the PO, (I C U have) get the EXP and be done with it :o)
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 September 2005, 10:41 PM   #38
Atomic

FINALLY we're rid of the orange abomination. I think Ed, Al and I will be celebrating in the streets all day!!!!!

I think getting rid of the PO was a wise choice. As others have pointed out, Omegas depreciate a whole lot faster than Rolex, so as Daren said, the $500 hit is prolly what you took when you walked out of Mansor's shop. No harm, no foul.

But JJ, now you have some serious considerations. Do you spring for the black ExpII (gorgeous watch) or do you perhaps bide a bit more time and spring whole hog for that TT Daytona? Hell, for the amount of business you give Mansor's you'd think they'd have you at the very top of the SS Daytona waiting list.

If I was in your loonie Nikes, I'd take the TT Daytona out of the want list cuz you already have a great TT sports watch. If you want a Daytona, march to Mansor's RIGHT NOW and demand a SS Daytona.

That way you have two awesome watches that you'll never need to part with.
Old 15 September 2005, 01:49 AM   #39
----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic
FINALLY we're rid of the orange abomination. I think Ed, Al and I will be celebrating in the streets all day!!!!!
I'll celebrate once I know he has erased all the pics from his computers!!

I agree on the TT Daytona - more than one TT watch is too much, and some might feel that one is already too much!

I think you made the right choice to dump it now JJ - the hit was only going to get worse!
Old 15 September 2005, 02:14 AM   #40
Goodwatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: the sunrise...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
Okay guys,

You know I've always been up front with all of you....so here goes nothing!

I've been offered NZ$3,000 for my pumpkin by way of a private sale, which means I'll be taking a $500 hit (as my purchase price was NZ$3,500).

I'd have to add another NZ$2,500 for a new black Exp-II (final price NZ$5,500) so what should I do? I've given some options above. Please vote with comments. Thanks.

PS: Zemina doesn't know a damn thing about all this...so shhhhhhh!!!!!
Also bear in mind that I am most comfortable with only TWO watches at a time!

Being who I am, against the grain, I voted for the first choice. But this is a moot choice now, I guess.

Nevertheless, I want to explain this.

• I don’t understand. JJ, you were so exited about the PO, which is just a nice watch. I like to fool around a bit and inundated the PO threads with a lot of BS, but I really like the watch. And now you’ve dumped it? Perhaps it was a fashion statement after all or bought in a whim. (A $500 mistake?).
  • It’s your choice of course but how about selling that YM a well? (Blasphemy!). Then you have 3 choices: TT GMTII (Brown?), TT Sub (Blue!) or SS Sub. With the money you’ve got left after the deal, you buy a. little Shalom a nice gold bracelet when she’s out of hospital and b. take your wife for a really, really nice dinner (and don’t forget to whip out the roses at the right time).
  • Put on your thinking cap and target your next watch. Take your time and save up some more money. Then you can strike a deal after finding the watch you like.
  • The action under 2.b. will give you an added bonus: you will fall asleep with the same grin on your face as that Guinea Pig a few days ago.

Take care,

Frans.
Old 15 September 2005, 03:22 AM   #41
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
[QUOTE=Avalon]I'll celebrate once I know he has erased all the pics from his computers!!

QUOTE]
I'll celebrate when he has erased all Pumpkin pictures from all the threads on this forum.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2005, 04:14 AM   #42
maverick
Banned

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Irani
Thanks Dennis.

How does the final price of NZ$5,500 = US$3,850 sound? Good, very good, excellent or what?
That sure looks like a good price to me. A good % off MSRP for sure. =) maverick
maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2005, 06:01 AM   #43
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
JJ don't sell it, I really loved that watch. It's not too late is it?

Member #10
Uncle-AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2005, 12:39 PM   #44
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle-AJ
JJ don't sell it, I really loved that watch. It's not too late is it?
LMAO!!

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2005, 01:34 PM   #45
Gunther

JJ,
I'll weigh in here with my thought. As you advised me, the Rollie will simply hold its value much better than the Ommie. Though it is a nice looking watch, I would drop it in favor of the EXP. And I wouldn't have an ounce of regret over it!

Ed,
Did the kid call this one or what? I actually thought it would take longer than a couple of days, but I knew it would happen none the less! God love him, but you could schedule trains on his watch exchanges! "Just wait... Another will be along shortly!" I hope your BP is easing off just reading through this post!

Gun
Gunther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 September 2005, 04:18 PM   #46
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther
JJ,
I'll weigh in here with my thought. As you advised me, the Rollie will simply hold its value much better than the Ommie. Though it is a nice looking watch, I would drop it in favor of the EXP. And I wouldn't have an ounce of regret over it!

Ed,
Did the kid call this one or what? I actually thought it would take longer than a couple of days, but I knew it would happen none the less! God love him, but you could schedule trains on his watch exchanges! "Just wait... Another will be along shortly!" I hope your BP is easing off just reading through this post!

Gun
Thanks, Brent. LMAO about your comments to dear ole' Ed!!!

Old 15 September 2005, 04:45 PM   #47
JJ Irani
Fondly Remembered

Well so far it seems "Sell the PO and buy the Exp-II" is leading by a long mile. I might just take you guys up on the results of this poll!!

I've already accomplished the first half of that statement.....now for the second half!!

Old 15 September 2005, 10:13 PM   #48
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther
JJ,

Ed,

Gun
LMAO, Brent!! I actually thought it would take another couple of months before he put something on the block, whether it would have been the YM or the PO, I didn't know. But I knew something was going to go. You're absolutely right, though. You can set your watch by his trades.

And, yes, my BP is now way down. I'm no longer a stroke city candidate - at least until he comes up with another abomination. But if he follows through with the black dial EXP, I'll be satisfied.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote