The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 14 October 2014, 10:13 PM   #1
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: What's on my wrist
Help!!!!

OK after receiving input that the reason I couldn't receive emails that indicated it was due to using msn (Hotmail) I switched from my MSN account to google which disabled my ability to post. I switched back to msn and still was unable to post. That was last night and today I can post but I have no credit for having been a supporter (2014 Pledge Member) nor Bond member so now my PM box is full. I want to be able to switch to my google mail and still have posting rights and credit for my donations to the forum; any recommendations would be appreciated.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=808599
HogwldFLTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 October 2014, 10:00 AM   #2
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Any moderator response would be appreciated.

Old 15 October 2014, 11:23 PM   #3
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

OK, now I'm shown as pledge member but still not a Bond member nor does my email account reflect the Bond purchase which was paid for specifically to gain additional email space. In truth that becomes an issue that I've paid for something I've not received.

Here is the copy of my confirmation email from PayPal.
Hello Alan Fisk,
This email confirms that you have donated $28.00 AUD to (maximprolink@yahoo.com.au) using PayPal.
The exchange rate for this purchase is 1 U.S. Dollar = 1.03742 Australian Dollars.

Donation Details
Confirmation number:5PM8130993990924U
Donation amount:$28.00 AUD
Total:$28.00 AUD
Purpose:2014 Bond007 Pledge Member
Reference:2014-328
Contributor:Alan Fisk

Your confirmed address

Mailing information:Alan Fisk
7 4th St.
Newbury, MA 01951
United States

Thanks,
PayPal

MA residents only: PayPal holds a Foreign Transmittal Agency license in the State of Massachusetts - License Number FT3345.
Additionally providing the improved account still doesn't provide a pathway for me to receive emails from the forum which I'd appreciate some help with or at least acknowledgement that when I change my privileges will be restored.

Thanks for some help; I'd appreciate help making things right.

-Lee

Old 16 October 2014, 09:32 PM   #4
Lol-x
Facilitator

Huh?

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln
Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride. ~John F. Kennedy

ROLEXploitation - yeah I'm a victim
Lol-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2014, 08:58 AM   #5
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lol-x View Post
Huh?
Great someone is paying attention.

I haven't received notification for either the Bond nor the later Tudor (La Royale) giveaway; trying to fix that issue.

1) was told that Hotmail frequently prevents announcements from the forum to reach their intended receiver. I have msn which is the precursor to Hotmail so I switched to Google in my user CP and instantly lost the ability to post and all my added pm space disappeared.

2) switched back to MSN and the next day my posting privileges to all but AfterDark returned (didn't try sales subforums) in other words, still had standard membership (no 2014 supporter nor Bond supporter).

3) Still nwant to change email address to Google so I can hopefully receive notifications but don't want to lose posting privileges or PM storage volume.

So my question back is "huh?" What do you recommend?

Old 17 October 2014, 10:03 AM   #6
sleddog
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwldFLTR View Post
Great someone is paying attention.

I haven't received notification for either the Bond nor the later Tudor (La Royale) giveaway; trying to fix that issue.

1) was told that Hotmail frequently prevents announcements from the forum to reach their intended receiver. I have msn which is the precursor to Hotmail so I switched to Google in my user CP and instantly lost the ability to post and all my added pm space disappeared.

2) switched back to MSN and the next day my posting privileges to all but AfterDark returned (didn't try sales subforums) in other words, still had standard membership (no 2014 supporter nor Bond supporter).

3) Still nwant to change email address to Google so I can hopefully receive notifications but don't want to lose posting privileges or PM storage volume.

So my question back is "huh?" What do you recommend?
(1) My first recommendation Lee, is that you use a little simple common courtesy when responding to those who can help, or at least try to!! Your opening sentence above was pretty obnoxious and a little condescending. Was there any need for the attitude?

(2) Second, if it's such a pressing emergency like yours seems to be, then PM any of the moderators for a quicker response. We do our best to scan most threads posted, but sometimes the odd thread here and there gets passed over.... It's not like we were ignoring you!!

(3) Third, it seems as though you caused the issue by shifting your emails around, and for some reason or another, the forums program shut you out temporarily. Ultimately, your provider is blocking the mail, and that is not by reason of this forum.. However. It may, or may not, have anything to with hotmail/MSN.
A notification is not always sent when these "announcements" are going on. It's not a given, it's a courtesy. If you are frequent enough, you would never miss out.
We could always cease these things all together!? But, that wouldn't be fair to the other members with whom display a positive decorum at all times, and with the camaraderie spirit this forum generates....!!

Now for the issue.
Switch to the provider you wish, and we will endeavor to help you get the mail to your inbox.

TRF's "After Dark" Bar & Nightclub Patron-Founding Member..
sleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 October 2014, 10:12 AM   #7
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
(1) My first recommendation Lee, is that you use a little simple common courtesy when responding to those who can help, or at least try to!! Your opening sentence above was pretty obnoxious and a little condescending. Was there any need for the attitude?

(2) Second, if it's such a pressing emergency like yours seems to be, then PM any of the moderators for a quicker response. We do our best to scan most threads posted, but sometimes the odd thread here and there gets passed over.... It's not like we were ignoring you!!

(3) Third, it seems as though you caused the issue by shifting your emails around, and for some reason or another, the forums program shut you out temporarily. Ultimately, your provider is blocking the mail, and that is not by reason of this forum.. However. It may, or may not, have anything to with hotmail/MSN.
A notification is not always sent when these "announcements" are going on. It's not a given, it's a courtesy. If you are frequent enough, you would never miss out.
We could always cease these things all together!? But, that wouldn't be fair to the other members with whom display a positive decorum at all times, and with the camaraderie spirit this forum generates....!!

Now for the issue.
Switch to the provider you wish, and we will endeavor to help you get the mail to your inbox.
I tried courtesy and got none in return initially, more of "it's your problem" sort of response. Days go by and no response as well; this causes frustration. I'm certain you are aware there are two sides to every conversation. I appreciate your attention and apologize for expressing my frustration. I'll go ahead and switch to google; hopefully I'll find out about the next giveaway in time to enter and hopefully I'll also get my PM account back up to volume.

Thanks for your help.

Old 17 October 2014, 10:28 AM   #8
sleddog

Quote:
I tried courtesy and got none in return initially, more of "it's your problem" sort of response. Days go by and no response as well; this causes frustration. I'm certain you are aware there are two sides to every conversation. I appreciate your attention and apologize for expressing my frustration. I'll go ahead and switch to google; hopefully I'll find out about the next giveaway in time to enter and hopefully I'll also get my PM account back up to volume.

Thanks for your help.
I've given you all the courtesy you need. Frustrated or not, you are openly and verbally not helping your cause in any way.

Simple PM's to admin will always be answered, and in most cases resolved. This thread was missed for 24 hours, then, before any response, a review was undertaken behind the scenes....
Now, as I said before, notices are not always sent for those events, and given this event, I'm going to suggest no notices are to be given at all. This way, it's a first serve basis by those who are lucky enough to be active at the time of any such event. The way it should be!

If you wish to continue to dig a hole, keep responding in the above tone, or step off the box and let's see if things can be fixed for you.....

Old 18 October 2014, 01:07 AM   #9
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

You have my sincere and humble apology. I really do appreciate the work mods new on this and other forums. Sorry to piss you off. That wasn't my intent. Thank you for your help.

I might add that everything is as it should be with the account including the ability to receive notifications of posts to threads. Definitely G-mail works where msn does not for this purpose.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Lee Fisk

Old 18 October 2014, 10:24 AM   #10
sleddog

Quote:
You have my sincere and humble apology. I really do appreciate the work mods new on this and other forums. Sorry to piss you off. That wasn't my intent. Thank you for your help.

I might add that everything is as it should be with the account including the ability to receive notifications of posts to threads. Definitely G-mail works where msn does not for this purpose.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Lee Fisk
Glad to hear things have worked out Lee.
For some reason or another some providers are blocking forum generated Emails. Not sure why, but out of the bounds we can do anything about unfortunately.

Enjoy.

Old 18 October 2014, 03:33 PM   #11
HogwldFLTR
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleddog View Post
Glad to hear things have worked out Lee.
For some reason or another some providers are blocking forum generated Emails. Not sure why, but out of the bounds we can do anything about unfortunately.

Enjoy.
Just as something to be gained out of our conversation, it might be worth while for me to right up a summary of what problems there are in using msn/hotmail/live/outlook and the difficulties in switching email addresses so that others caught in the same situation will now what to expect. I will back channel email you as well. I really had no way of expecting that I'd lose all privileges and for how long when I switched email addresses. It is a bit disconcerting.

Thanks again.