The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 25 September 2010, 01:45 PM   #1
donas
Banned

Watch: 116619
Question about Radiomir band bars

Sorry I keep asking questions and haven't even had a chance to post pics of my first Pam...

I changed the band on my 292 and have a couple questions about the bars. I don't know if that is the correct name or not but I am talking about the 4 bars that hold the band to the case.

#1) Is there supposed to be some kind of connector holding the 2 bars in the middle? I see replacement bars for sale at various sites and it appears that they connect in the middle--mine just touches, is that right?

#2) 3 of the four bars hold quite snug when fitted into the holes, one bar will not tighten down snug, it stays just a hair loose. It will not pull out, but can be moved back and forth just a little....normal? (before it is pointed out to me, I do see the notches and have tried my best to fit it. I don't really see a method to do that, other than insert all the way in, which seems to work for the other 3)

Thanks for the help, pictures will come soon.
donas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2010, 11:52 PM   #2
karmatp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donas View Post
Sorry I keep asking questions and haven't even had a chance to post pics of my first Pam...

I changed the band on my 292 and have a couple questions about the bars. I don't know if that is the correct name or not but I am talking about the 4 bars that hold the band to the case.

#1) Is there supposed to be some kind of connector holding the 2 bars in the middle? I see replacement bars for sale at various sites and it appears that they connect in the middle--mine just touches, is that right?

#2) 3 of the four bars hold quite snug when fitted into the holes, one bar will not tighten down snug, it stays just a hair loose. It will not pull out, but can be moved back and forth just a little....normal? (before it is pointed out to me, I do see the notches and have tried my best to fit it. I don't really see a method to do that, other than insert all the way in, which seems to work for the other 3)

Thanks for the help, pictures will come soon.
I call them wire lugs, and yes there is a little piece that connects the lugs. If you changed out the strap look inside the OEM strap, it is probably stuck inside. Use a toothpick to get it out, works perfectly.

AS far as your second question, it should fit tight. You are already aware of the notch, try to refit it, sometimes it takes a little work.

Rads are fantastic, but the strap changes are a bit tricky. I tend to change my Luminor straps around much more than my Rad.
Old 26 September 2010, 12:45 AM   #3
donas
Banned

Kartmp-
Thanks for the reply....you were correct. They connectors were stuck inside the band.

Since I had to take both sides off to replace connectors, I switched the bar lugs around to different holes. This seems to have helped the loose problem, but didn't fix it.

I can attest that the pvd coated back scratches quite easily. I just barley bumped the edge while turning the screw driver and it has a small silver spot....crap

Since your info is dead on, let me ask you one more thing- I bought this watch barely used and it had the aftermarket band on it. I noticed the bar lugs had a little plastic tip on them. Whoever changed the band prior to me mangled these plastic ends by tightening the screw into them. They were too mangled to put back into the wholes. Does it matter that I removed these? Can I get replacements somewhere?
Old 26 September 2010, 11:57 AM   #4
karmatp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donas View Post
Kartmp-
Thanks for the reply....you were correct. They connectors were stuck inside the band.

Since I had to take both sides off to replace connectors, I switched the bar lugs around to different holes. This seems to have helped the loose problem, but didn't fix it.

I can attest that the pvd coated back scratches quite easily. I just barley bumped the edge while turning the screw driver and it has a small silver spot....crap

Since your info is dead on, let me ask you one more thing- I bought this watch barely used and it had the aftermarket band on it. I noticed the bar lugs had a little plastic tip on them. Whoever changed the band prior to me mangled these plastic ends by tightening the screw into them. They were too mangled to put back into the wholes. Does it matter that I removed these? Can I get replacements somewhere?
Hey Wade, that might be why you have noticed the wire lug a bit loose. I have never purchased replacement ones but I know they can be found at your local AD for about $25. if I remember correctly. Best of luck.
Old 26 September 2010, 12:07 PM   #5
donas
Banned

I thought that, but it's odd that only one is loose (and I removed all four end caps). It just barely moves, so I most likely will just tolerate it for now- there is no way it is going to come out of the case.
Old 27 September 2010, 12:31 AM   #6
Shade
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of 'em..
As long as you think there is no risk for the wirelug(s) to slip off the case, then I say leave it be, it shouldn't be much of a problem once you fit your strap on anyway.. I doubt you'll see or feel the slight play of it..
Shade is offline   Reply With Quote