The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 25 March 2024, 06:32 AM   #31
construda
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauster View Post
I was just joking - must have been soulja boy then :)
Hmm I thought he lived in downtown LA
construda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2024, 08:06 AM   #32
LndLord
"TRF" Member

was this confirmed?
LndLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2024, 12:32 PM   #33
rjohnston713
"TRF" Member

Rough to see, been on a waiting listing for over 2 years for a 37mm RO or 38mm ROC.

I was told there is something going on with Brown and Co and there will be a new AP standalone shop towards the end of 2024 in Buckhead near where the new Brown and Co shop is.
rjohnston713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2024, 01:34 PM   #34
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Was there a few months ago and got offered a code 1159 I knew it wasn’t an AP corporate boutique so I passed on it

Very sketch mall indeed
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2024, 04:18 PM   #35
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohnston713 View Post
Rough to see, been on a waiting listing for over 2 years for a 37mm RO or 38mm ROC.

I was told there is something going on with Brown and Co and there will be a new AP standalone shop towards the end of 2024 in Buckhead near where the new Brown and Co shop is.
I know they are opening a Patek boutique, but I wasn’t aware they’re also opening an AP one too. If true, then that should be a positive development.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2024, 05:16 PM   #36
SLWoodster
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
That's not really how it works.

It seems that Material Good and AP have a very strong relationship that goes beyond simple retail. The gentlemen at Material Good assist in retail marketing plans and even training for AP NA execs. So the relationship is totally diff than most brands to retailers.

AP has the option to take over the stores themselves like they did in Los Angeles from Westime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
MG also jointly owns the Boston boutique and opened the NY AP House, which have both been great successes. Not sure why (or how) AP would consider taking these over themselves.
SLWoodster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2024, 01:13 AM   #37
apandy305
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLWoodster View Post
That's not really how it works.

It seems that Material Good and AP have a very strong relationship that goes beyond simple retail. The gentlemen at Material Good assist in retail marketing plans and even training for AP NA execs. So the relationship is totally diff than most brands to retailers.

AP has the option to take over the stores themselves like they did in Los Angeles from Westime.
Will Material Grey be partnering on this new AP House in Atlanta? What is this "strong relationship" and how does it go beyond simple retail??
apandy305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2024, 10:57 AM   #38
rjohnston713
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
I know they are opening a Patek boutique, but I wasn’t aware they’re also opening an AP one too. If true, then that should be a positive development.
Went in to Brown and Co today in Buckhead, they confirmed they will oversee the new PP Boutique opening this Spring but the AP House boutique will be independent, I am not sure if that is Material Good but they seem to indicate it was going to be owned directly by AP in some capacity. Got conflicting info on it opening in Buckhead Village or Phipps.
Old 26 April 2024, 11:47 AM   #39
value.target
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, Rolex, PP
Can you someone describe the differences between an AP Boutique vs. an AP House?
Old 26 April 2024, 11:50 PM   #40
Rockland
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Went in to Brown and Co today in Buckhead, they confirmed they will oversee the new PP Boutique opening this Spring but the AP House boutique will be independent, I am not sure if that is Material Good but they seem to indicate it was going to be owned directly by AP in some capacity. Got conflicting info on it opening in Buckhead Village or Phipps.
It is opening up in Buckhead Village, maybe in 18 months.
Rockland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2024, 12:17 AM   #41
rjohnston713
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockland View Post
It is opening up in Buckhead Village, maybe in 18 months.
What the best course of action here if I have been on a waitlist over 2 years at the Lenox boutique and no calls. Do I now try to find an AD in another state and start over while waiting the 18 months just to get put on a list again at the new one in Buckhead Village?
Old 27 April 2024, 05:39 AM   #42
construda
"TRF" Member

Is it confirmed that AP is opening the House? Last I talked to my SA it was a "rumor" nothing more
construda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 08:15 AM   #43
Rockland
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What the best course of action here if I have been on a waitlist over 2 years at the Lenox boutique and no calls. Do I now try to find an AD in another state and start over while waiting the 18 months just to get put on a list again at the new one in Buckhead Village?
Why not. I opened up a relationship in Las Vegas. What’s the worst thing that can happen? You don’t get a call from the new boutique in the next 18 months, at which point you walk into Buckhead Village to say hello.
Rockland is offline   Reply With Quote