The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 8 July 2023, 05:11 AM   #31
Filo25
"TRF" Member

I think the CHNR is probably a lot more attainable from ADs now compared to a couple of years ago.

I was offered one in the last year and it is a beautiful watch.

Good luck!
Filo25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2023, 07:02 AM   #32
Rolex1982
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Meteorite
Great choice. Hope you get “the call” soon. Great addition to your collection.
Rolex1982 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2023, 10:32 AM   #33
Ontime
Banned

Welcome.
Ontime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2023, 12:31 PM   #34
Me4u2night
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
Can Will a noob even get a rootbeer from an AD? We all know they can, the question is, will they?
Yes, i had just starting doing business with my AD and got it in a month, but this was in 2020.
Me4u2night is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2023, 04:19 AM   #35
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
New guy and the wait has begun…fell in love!

Good idea to wait. You deserve that special feeling of getting the call, and going to the AD, to pick up your new Root Beer. Great choice, BTW. That and the Bluesy are my two favorite modern Rolex divers. Good luck, and welcome to the madness,…ah, I mean…forum….

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2023, 04:46 AM   #36
Wizo
"TRF" Member

I just wanted to update the thread and let everyone know that I am still waiting but have done nothing short of watching every video on the watch I could find.

Even crazier - I was in a club in Miami over the weekend and the guy at the table next to me was wearing it. Cool dude - I complimented him on the watch and my wife appreciated it more as well.

Just have to be patient…
Wizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2023, 08:02 AM   #37
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizo View Post
I just wanted to update the thread and let everyone know that I am still waiting but have done nothing short of watching every video on the watch I could find.

Even crazier - I was in a club in Miami over the weekend and the guy at the table next to me was wearing it. Cool dude - I complimented him on the watch and my wife appreciated it more as well.

Just have to be patient…
Good on you OP. Fingers crossed for the AD to get you one.

Keep us posted and look forward to the “incoming” thread.
Old 17 July 2023, 12:41 PM   #38
Dawgprint
"TRF" Member

Welcome Wizo, best of luck on the hunt
Dawgprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2023, 03:13 PM   #39
rolexjackson
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, GMT, Daytona
You will get it this year just be patient. I had one offered to me this year by two different ad
rolexjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 July 2023, 03:40 PM   #40
foreignexport
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizo View Post
So I have visited the forums before but never thought I would buy a Rolex because I didn’t believe it was something I wanted in my life.

I wear daily my Apple Watch because of the ability to use my headphones and listen to music while taking phone calls during exercise sessions in the morning, jump into shower and check emails and screen calls when away from my phone - just convenient.

My nice watch is my Breitling Super Ocean. Still in very good condition- had it for 17years (wife bought for me when I was 25) and at that time was my daily for 5 years. Great watch and always went well with all occasions.

I do have my Dads watch - solid gold Longines that’s about 32 years old. I was with him in Gernsey (off the coast of France) when I was 9. I don’t wear this as it’s a keepsake and a little small.

Anyhow…a good friend of mine is and always has been a big Rolex enthusiast. He has shown me some of his pieces but I had never felt the urge to get one. He recently showed me his GMt Batman and I kinda fell in love with it. I always notice a nice watch but never seen one that pulled me in like that one.

Then a few days later my other friend had on a “Bluesy” and I couldn’t stop starting at it. I asked a bunch of questions and said I am going to look at one.

Stopped at a watch store and they had a 2020 GMT root beer and also a Batman. I never seen such a nice watch (gmt root beer TT) and realized that was the one. Problem was it was $26k and had no box or papers.

So right then I decided to drive to a AD and try to go the way of the Jedi. Almost put my name down for a yellow gold black dial submariner but I chose to follow my heart on the TT Root beer.

Now the wait begins and it’s only been 3 weeks and I am so anxious. I found an amazing dealer local in Orlando that has 2 / full complete but the used one is $21k…

Doing my best to try and wait it out as I want to have my first Rolex through the AD but it’s killing me. Not sure how you guys wait it out months or years for these but I am sure it’s worth the wait.
Great approach, wish you well in securing the watch that you want.
I picked up my first Rolex last week, silver OP, we all have to start somewhere and thats the fun of it.
foreignexport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 October 2023, 08:29 PM   #41
mayank1280
"TRF" Member

OP, did you got the call from AD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mayank1280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 October 2023, 04:39 AM   #42
Inthesticks
"TRF" Member

You have great taste. The Rootbeer, IMO, is not only the nicest two tone watch Rolex makes, its also the nicest GMT. It either calls you or it doesnt, it called you. You wont be disappointed.
Inthesticks is offline   Reply With Quote