The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > The Meeting Point

Old 21 November 2013, 01:30 AM   #1
Reu
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayecarumba View Post
THANKS TO ALL (AGAIN!) for another great gtg...As usual, DAN (Spuds), thank you for your hospitality and putting up with our ever changing itinerary!

Sorry for being late with the pics, always a challenge when I finally sit down and have to figure out how to get 'em from my iphone, to my computer, then to a share site, then onto TRF (whew!). How do the rest of you make this look so easy?!

Dan, Paul, Geert, Kevin, Steve, and my friend Dave...good times! Good times! PAUL: CONGRATS again on the birth of your beautiful baby girl!

Now for my boring pics:

Ok, so we flew all the way from the USA to see some watches...BUT touring Churchill's war rooms was the highlight of our visit! I can't believe we got to drink a beer/toast, and pay homage to one of our personal heroes & an historical icon in the old war rooms canteen (now, conveniently a cafe for visitors!). Huzzah!

There's a clock and a bell in that building I hear!

[/url]

The Rolex boutique at Harrods (and the rest of their fine watch dept which is one of the BEST in the world!) had to put up with us for a few test drives...

Ahhh, someday my 18K white gold skydweller....someday.....

Mr buddy, Dave, fancied the 18k Yellow Gold Daytona....not too shabby!

So has anyone seen this Longines Avigation A-7? A re-issue of their 1937 piece: mono-pusher chrono AND column-wheel...Been eyeing this and may need to add to the stable. Hmmm, I could have 12+ Longines A-7s or 1 Skydweller....

Ok, ok! I can already hear Paul moaning about me wearing it on the inside of my wrist! Paul: At least this one was designed that way!

Then it was off to the Cigar Lounge at the Lanesborough Hotel. Let me just say that this was a superlative experience, thanks to the cigar sommelier, Neil, his awesome suggestions at cigar/cocktail pairings, and his fantastic service....Cheers mates! But get there quick before they close for remodel in DEC.

Now onto the Salon!

Paul: Just to be clear mate, it didn't take me an HOUR to remove 4 screws! It was more like 59 minutes! Besides, I was "pacing" myself so as not to embarrass anyone else who may wish to savor the experience! That plus I think I breathed onto my table and blew all those tiny parts to kingdom come.

"Cooperate to graduate!"

Seriously, anyone who attends SalonQP needs to inquire and do this class. It was loads of fun. Kudos to Jaeger-LeCoultre for putting on such a fine display and having such a class act. Their London boutique watchmaker, Richard, presents your certificate. Mine says "removed 4 screws in under 1 hour!"
PS- no cost, you're simply asked to make a donation to the Prince's Foundation if you wish.

All that horology was makin' me thirsty! Quick! To the Dickens Inn!
Geert, Paul (UK), Dan, Paul (US), & Dave. I should mention we stopped before this and had a pint with Kevin (sorry no pics) and his awesome AP Royal Oak.

Ok, so we know about the Rolex Chocolates...but still kinda cool!

Geert got some stylish JLC cufflinks to go with his beautiful Reverso...

And now UK Paul has a Rolex notepad to add up the costs of an Oyster+Submariner+Kobold+etc...ha ha!

And now, for the man who has everything, a Rolex pen-knife to go with that Range Rover!

Well gents, we're going to try hard to make this an annual "man-cation" going forward. Can't tell you enough how much we appreciate the hospitality and generosity of our TRF friends from the UK. Another great GTG...Thanks to all and hope to see you again soon!

Best wishes to all!

Paul "Aye Carumba"
Looks like you two had a really great and fun time!

Reu is offline   Reply With Quote