The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 25 June 2016, 06:29 PM   #1
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
One more incoming! Xezo maestro.

Here's the latest incoming pen. This was a gift from my parents. Honestly I had never heard of the company before. After doing some research, I found they are made in Germany. The guy who owns the company is Italian and they're based in Texas. The company was formed in 2001. Kind of an interesting mix. The body is solid brass with sea shell inlay on the body and cap. All the metal work is clear coated 18kt yellow gold plate. It seems all of the companies pens are limited to around 500 pieces. It really is a spectacular pen to look at. It kind of puts everything in my collection in the dirt for initial "wow" factor. I believe the nib is a Schmidt nib and it writes very well. It's a fine in plated steel so no real line variation but it never skips and is dead smooth. I've done no work to it. It's so over the top in "wow" factor that I had to put it away while at work the other day since I spent most of the time just starring at my pen. Build quality is ok. I had to break the threads in on the body to cap and posting the cap wore the clearcoat off the finial. Xezo is sending me a free replacement finial. I'm going to need to grind some of the brass on the ID of the cap to prevent reoccurance. I really like this pen. It also came with 4 refills and a leather pen pouch. Here's some pics.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (70.7 KB, 46 views)
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2016, 06:29 PM   #2
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

The cap
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (56.2 KB, 46 views)
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Old 25 June 2016, 06:30 PM   #3
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Posted
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (69.5 KB, 47 views)
Old 25 June 2016, 06:31 PM   #4
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

The nib.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (47.7 KB, 45 views)
Old 25 June 2016, 07:50 PM   #5
yannis
"TRF" Member

Watch: maniac
Nice pen!

yannis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2016, 08:20 PM   #6
TickTopia
2024 Pledge Member

Very nice
TickTopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 June 2016, 08:53 PM   #7
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Nice. I like it.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2016, 05:20 PM   #8
vintage69
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1969 p date
You have displayed some fine pens today. Fountain pens are one of my favorite items to collect. Shows a gentleman of substantual taste. ( In reference to all the pens displayed today, including the carryover from a previous post). I collect fountain pens and belong to a fountain pen club.
vintage69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 June 2016, 05:59 PM   #9
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage69 View Post
You have displayed some fine pens today. Fountain pens are one of my favorite items to collect. Shows a gentleman of substantual taste. ( In reference to all the pens displayed today, including the carryover from a previous post). I collect fountain pens and belong to a fountain pen club.
Thank you Sir. I should have some additional incoming posts next week and then a week or so later with any luck. I have an Omas Paragon Noir coming Monday. Could be Tuesday if I have to go pick the pen up. I have one of the last batch of Visconti Michelangelo's with a 14kt nib and rose bronze trim on order. I really hope that order comes through. I love that 14kt nib. That should be placed on Monday with Visconti. I'll be sure to put up some pics when they come through
Old 25 July 2016, 05:25 PM   #10
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Update on this. I ordered a second one back in June for my Dad's birthday today. My parents got me one so I returned the favor for my Dad. My Mom could care less about pens lol. Xezo sent me SN# 001 for 2016! I just realized this tonight when I looked out of curiosity. Low and behold freakin 001 of 500. Couldn't believe it!