The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 26 July 2023, 08:53 AM   #61
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salnuaimi View Post
Ive been on the list here in Dubai for the past 3 years with confirmation that I would never get my watch
Curious. Did the SA explain why you will never get the watch? Did you ask for a discontinued reference?
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2023, 08:54 AM   #62
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
Curious. Did the SA explain why you will never get the watch? Did you ask for a discontinued reference?

Because the AD gives the watches for VVIPs only and my 400k USD doesnt qualify me yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
salnuaimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2023, 08:55 AM   #63
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbeth View Post
Not sure I should laugh or cry.....both?

Okay, so essentially, unless my name was George Clooney, I may never get an FP from the boutique.

In an interesting way, if they are no longer taking names for the Bleu, then is this a case where the higher end model may actually be the only chance to get an FP via boutique than the "lower end" model?

I just surrendered and got mine for the grey market

Old 26 July 2023, 08:57 AM   #64
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Because the AD gives the watches for VVIPs only and my 400k USD doesnt qualify me yet

So you already spent 400k at the boutique in the past 3 years and yet to have received a FPJ from the boutique? (Confused)
Old 26 July 2023, 08:58 AM   #65
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

Its an AD who sells various brands including FPj

Old 26 July 2023, 11:24 AM   #66
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Its an AD who sells various brands including FPj

I feel sorry for you.
Old 26 July 2023, 03:05 PM   #67
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I feel sorry for you.

Apperently i need 300k usd more . Thats why i started going grey

Old 27 July 2023, 02:48 PM   #68
crod
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: FPJ OPTIMUM
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchcollectornyc View Post
I've been reluctant to talk about my time spent with the New York City boutique, but I believe it's worth sharing. My story began when I was living near the Madison Avenue boutique, prior to their relocation. Every so often, I'd pop in for a quick visit.

Summer 2020 marked a significant turning point. Just before the wave of that season's auctions that threw a spotlight on the brand, I decided it was the right moment to make my first purchase. My enthusiasm for the brand had been kindled over years of visiting their boutiques, making the purchase an especially exciting moment for me. I was fortunate enough to find the exact watch I had my eye on in stock, and so, I made my purchase.

Unlike the experiences shared by others, there were no gifts or tokens of appreciation (wine, whiskey, accessories, etc) . In any case, I shrugged this off as insignificant. Also, due to the COVID pandemic, all monthly events had been suspended. In the meantime, I maintained contact with my Sales Associate and visited the store every couple of months. We had already started discussing other watches on my wishlist (RQ, CO, etc.), and the boutique seemed optimistic about acquiring them over the next couple of years. I was asked several times about my wishlist with me having in writing them suggesting an RQ was a realistic watch to be delivered the next year.

In due time, in-person events were reinstated, and I eagerly attended any that I was invited to. These occasions allowed me to network with like-minded individuals, many of whom I am still in touch with today. About a year later, I was thrilled to receive an invitation to a Madison boutique event, where the man behind the brand, FP himself, was set to make an appearance.

However, upon my arrival, I discovered that there had been an exclusive event the previous evening. This had been the occasion to inaugurate their new Soho location, a groundbreaking celebration, attended by VIPs, esteemed clients, and other friends of the brand. The event I was attending, on the other hand, appeared to be more for those on the interest list - a fact that many in this thread have pointed out. Although puzzled, I decided to enjoy the evening without dwelling on it.

Then, the invitations abruptly stopped. Later, I discovered that my SA had left the boutique and, oddly, no one had taken over my account. After reaching out to the boutique manager, who I'd met on a few occasions, we had a pleasant phone conversation about an updated watch I was interested in. To my surprise, he told me it would take a few more years to get it, even though it had already been two years since my first purchase, and several of the watches I was queued for had yet to materialize. It was as though he was treating me as a new customer instead of an existing one, and my previous purchase was made directly with him. We agreed to keep in touch and ended the call.

A few months later, an invitation for the grand opening of the Soho boutique arrived in my inbox. I promptly RSVPed, only to receive a disappointing response two days later informing me that they were at capacity and could not accommodate me. A friend of mine received the same email, leaving us both somewhat annoyed.

Since then, I've come to the realization that they no longer value me as a customer. This prompted my shift towards Patek Philippe, where I have since amassed a collection I'm thrilled with and acquired all the watches I've ever desired. I'm still puzzled by the treatment I received from FPJ, especially considering that I was a local customer who had supported and bought from the brand prior to their rise in popularity. It's unfortunate that after my SA left, I felt excluded and sidelined. In the end, this situation pushed me towards PP - a journey that has proved incredibly rewarding.

As of now, I've stopped visiting FPJ boutiques. It's become clear that they are seeking a specific kind of collector or perhaps investor. I often wonder if others have had similar treatment from this boutique. I know the staff has been turned over quite extensively over the past year or two.

Hi sorry to hear that, Ive been several times to the NY boutique a had a great experience, but they've had personnel changes in the last few years, If you dont mind me asking which model did you bought?
Old 25 September 2023, 04:40 AM   #69
Werk782
"TRF" Member

Quote:
40mm probably won't be too bad. But 48 is probably hard.
How long is the wait for this 48?
Werk782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2023, 04:41 AM   #70
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werk782 View Post
How long is the wait for this 48?

You may want to check with the boutique since the interest list was closed at one point. Not sure if it has reopened.
Old 25 September 2023, 06:07 AM   #71
Spartan2009
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gebbeth View Post
Not sure I should laugh or cry.....both?

Okay, so essentially, unless my name was George Clooney, I may never get an FP from the boutique.

In an interesting way, if they are no longer taking names for the Bleu, then is this a case where the higher end model may actually be the only chance to get an FP via boutique than the "lower end" model?
The last time I spoke with a boutique director about a CB I was told that it might be offered as an exit piece when I had bought all the watches on my interest list.
Spartan2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2023, 07:57 AM   #72
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
I am hoping to get on the list. Reading all this is not encouraging.
Calatrava r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 September 2023, 08:47 AM   #73
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

I think it really depends on the pieces and the effort. I know someone who has only been on FP journe's waitlist 14 months ago, and he had received two allocations call.

This is just a non celebrity or social media influencer. Just a normal guy. Definitely possible but obviously this is the exception

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
dakkonmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2023, 12:59 AM   #74
Werk782
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakkonmc View Post
I think it really depends on the pieces and the effort. I know someone who has only been on FP journe's waitlist 14 months ago, and he had received two allocations call.

This is just a non celebrity or social media influencer. Just a normal guy. Definitely possible but obviously this is the exception

Where is your friend waiting and what model did he got?
Werk782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2023, 07:48 AM   #75
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:

Did he stop by the boutique at least once per month?
Calatrava r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2023, 08:13 AM   #76
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werk782 View Post
Where is your friend waiting and what model did he got?
I think there are five or six watches he listed for. Lune, Linesport, Optimum, CB, and a few other model.

He recieved call on the more available models.

Old 27 September 2023, 08:15 AM   #77
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calatrava r View Post
Did he stop by the boutique at least once per month?
I don't think he stopped by every month, but he definitely showed enthusiasm. I think it was fair to say a lot of effort was put in.

I think it's definitely possible to receive allocation for Journe from the boutique. Just need to be patient and persistent.

You want to help your associate to make a case for you to Geneva.

Old 27 September 2023, 12:00 PM   #78
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
In the US you need to impress Pierre or Laurent to get anything of substance. End of story. It can be done but it requires your most valuable commodity, your time.
Old 27 September 2023, 01:03 PM   #79
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

I plan on impressing them with feats of strength. Was going to visit the boutique today but horrific traffic stopped me.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2023, 01:59 PM   #80
dakkonmc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
In the US you need to impress Pierre or Laurent to get anything of substance. End of story. It can be done but it requires your most valuable commodity, your time.

Out of curiosity. What is the realistic expected time for an optimum?

Has anyone received the optimum they requested in the last 2-3 years?

Old 27 September 2023, 07:47 PM   #81
shafran
"TRF" Member

I used to be into journe before the hype. I had owned a few different models before they skyrocketed. I found that they needed service too quickly and now have been turned off by the need to jump through hoops for someone to take my money.
shafran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2023, 09:28 PM   #82
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Quote:

Out of curiosity. What is the realistic expected time for an optimum?

Has anyone received the optimum they requested in the last 2-3 years?

Unless you are someone special I would imagine it could take up to 5 years or more at this point. Everyone’s scenario is different. If you live near the boutique, make nice, get a good connection with someone there and attend all the events you can make things happen sooner. If you’re a working stiff who’s going to put in the effort that got you a couple Pateks expect the wait. It goes without saying the optimum is unlikely to be your first Journe at this point.

I don’t have any sort of insight so take everything I say with a grain of salt. I don’t have strong connections. My last Journe I bought secondhand because I don’t like to grovel.
Old 27 September 2023, 11:09 PM   #83
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
I plan on impressing them with feats of strength. Was going to visit the boutique today but horrific traffic stopped me.

I assume you’ve already completed the Airing of Grievances?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2023, 11:15 PM   #84
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
The Driving from Cleveland to any of the boutiques must be horrific. When you get there, they ought to be impressed and allocate you an RQ immediately.
Old 29 September 2023, 01:32 PM   #85
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
The Driving from Cleveland to any of the boutiques must be horrific. When you get there, they ought to be impressed and allocate you an RQ immediately.
Hah I guess I haven't changed my location in 8 years. But yes I will take an RQ
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2023, 04:16 PM   #86
jessiethe3rd
2024 Pledge Member

This is not an easy answer. And that's Journe. Understanding Journe makes you appreciate and respect how they do things.

I am on my second rep. I got passed over once Julian left the Miami boutique. Julian would send me tons of pictures of stock all the time via text. I’d be walking around with Journe Wood all day. All the most insane pieces. He kept me locked in on all the hottest Journe pieces. Some are highly excellent pieces like these;

My transition rep moved to NYC. This is a boutique I have traditionally tried to avoid. I’m telling you, I don’t hate this boutique, but man, NYC can be a bit brutal. I have not been out to reconnect since moving to Seattle, but I’m hoping to hit the new London Boutique Apéritif while I’m in business next month and then hit NYC in early spring. This is kind of the way this works. Political, but be a fantastic person and let them get to know you.

I’m supposed to get an allocation call out soon, but I am not holding my breath. It’s been three years on the CO waitlist. In anticipation of the possibility, I've written an essay. Not because I was asked but because I am serious and invested in Francois-Paul’s vision. I respect what they are trying to accomplish. Full vertical manufacturing integration. Genuine passion for the history of watchmaking. Innovative movement. Exceptionally high-quality finishing. An iconoclastic spirit.

My CB took about two years in 2017. I spent 3-4 boutique visits and spent time with Pierre. I had juice then because I was making plenty of visits. Without cred, you really must hustle.

This isn’t Patek, kids. They want patience. Engagement. Community. Real conversation. It’s old school—a real club of sorts.

That's my story. One in. More to come. The sky is the limit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Old 22 December 2023, 04:43 PM   #87
WatchEater666
"TRF" Member

There is no way I would play any of these games for a watch. Especially 6 figures for something finished by a toddler with a nail file.

FPJ makes some interesting watches but they aren’t as good as what Gauthier or Kari V do. And neither of those two play games. Kari might have a long wait list but he isn’t going to fuck you around. You just pay a deposit and wait your turn.
WatchEater666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2023, 07:43 PM   #88
RRJ
"TRF" Member

I too am becoming tired of these boring, tedious games. 4 years ago I didn't mind them, when I initially requested the CO. I just thought that all watch brands operated this way since I was fairly new to the world of high horology.

I've recently shifted my attention towards more accessible indie brands like Greubel Forsey, Romain Gauthier, Urwerk and to some extent De Bethune.

I never wanted to be part of a "family" or a "club", I just wanted to buy a watch I liked without overpaying on the secondary market. After being told that 2024 would be impossible and 2025 highly unlikely, I've kind of given up on FPJ. There is absolutely no way I'm sacrificing 8-10h to commute to my nearest boutique 4 times a year for 10 years just to be able to spend 200k (which will probably be the CO list price in 2030 if they keep up their ridiculous price increases).
RRJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2023, 08:00 PM   #89
corky
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRJ View Post
I too am becoming tired of these boring, tedious games. 4 years ago I didn't mind them, when I initially requested the CO. I just thought that all watch brands operated this way since I was fairly new to the world of high horology.

I've recently shifted my attention towards more accessible indie brands like Greubel Forsey, Romain Gauthier, Urwerk and to some extent De Bethune.

I never wanted to be part of a "family" or a "club", I just wanted to buy a watch I liked without overpaying on the secondary market. After being told that 2024 would be impossible and 2025 highly unlikely, I've kind of given up on FPJ. There is absolutely no way I'm sacrificing 8-10h to commute to my nearest boutique 4 times a year for 10 years just to be able to spend 200k (which will probably be the CO list price in 2030 if they keep up their ridiculous price increases).
Totally with you…. Like the watches, don’t like this ‘tail wagging the dog’. control, but that’s my choice ……..I chose Non!
corky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2023, 08:23 PM   #90
Wahlberg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchcollectornyc View Post
Since then, I've come to the realization that they no longer value me as a customer. This prompted my shift towards Patek Philippe, where I have since amassed a collection I'm thrilled with and acquired all the watches I've ever desired.
If you were new to Patek, how come those watches did come easily?
Wahlberg is offline   Reply With Quote