The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 19 May 2023, 09:55 AM   #1
Brazen331
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp5702 View Post
Would second this, although prefer the 111 in my case. They lost me with the cost cutting on the newer entry level models. Snap case backs, spring bars, etc.

Love OG PAM but it’s a brand that continues to stray from its DNA.
So you’re saying that the newer models are not as well made? For instance, I owned a Rolex Submariner from the early 2000s and that watch, from the bezel and all, was not as well made as the no-date Sub I just examined at an AD.

I will visit a Panerai boutique this weekend as I have not handled a new Panerai for over a decade. But it seems to me that the new logo base should be of higher quality than the 000 that I bought 15 years ago.
Brazen331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 May 2023, 04:45 PM   #2
Pam1086
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen331 View Post
So you’re saying that the newer models are not as well made? For instance, I owned a Rolex Submariner from the early 2000s and that watch, from the bezel and all, was not as well made as the no-date Sub I just examined at an AD.

I will visit a Panerai boutique this weekend as I have not handled a new Panerai for over a decade. But it seems to me that the new logo base should be of higher quality than the 000 that I bought 15 years ago.
Only downgrade 000 vs 1086 is WR, 30at (screw caseback) vs 10at (bayonet case back, not a snap back. For istance omega naiad lock is a bayonet). Pam test for +25% above declared.

Besides that 1086 has 8y pam guard warranty, and p6000 with declared 72 pw but in pratice 92h. Also it has much slimer case.
Pam1086 is offline   Reply With Quote