The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5 February 2012, 12:09 PM   #1
dbphotos
"TRF" Member

Watch: your 6!
A little help on this watch - Jean Louis Roehrich

I figured the vintage forum was the best place, but if not mods feel free to move it.

I was given this pocket watch about 20 years ago from my in-laws and they had it for about 20 years before that. They were neighbors with the son or daughter of Jean Louis Roehrich, a Swiss trained watchmaker. They had several watches that were built by their father and this was one of them. It is basically brand new still today since I have never carried it or used it. The only scratches on the inside of the case are from me wiping my darned fingerprints off.

There is very little information I can find on Jean Louis Roehrich via a Google search. Looks like he was well respected and wrote a few things, but that is about all I can find. From what I remember about the story when I was given the watch, he worked for at least part of his career for Cartier, but that is about all I have.

I am hoping that the braintrust here may be able to fill in a little information about the watch I possess and its watchmaker.

The watch is approximately 45mm in diameter, made of solid 14k gold and has a NC stamped on the fob loop (?). Has SWISS MADE below the #6 and keeps really good time for an old watch - aff about 10 seconds a day. You can see all the other marks, etc.

Thanks for any information you guys can provide.

Rolex DD YG 18238 | Rolex 1675 Pepsi | Rolex 14060 |
Rolex Vintage 6694 | Rolex TT 16013 | Tudor Tiger 79280P on Shark strap | a whole bunch of misc watches
dbphotos is offline   Reply With Quote