The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 17 January 2009, 03:48 AM   #1
Tri-National-Man
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubND/D/LV
Rolex Lost and Stolen register

Hi TRF members. What actually happens when you report a lost/stolen watch to register? I reported two watches as stolen (I had sold them to a person in Philippines who had paid for them with stolen credit card details and I only found out 3 months later. The Register people said that they only 'release' the stolen numbers occasionally overseas. Just wondered whether anyone knew out there..
Tri-National-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2009, 04:21 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Not sure what you mean by "Register People".

If you provide your details, and police reports to Rolex, they input it into their database................but they don't actually release it to anybody.

If your serial number is turned in for service, they (Rolex) hold it and contact you so you can start recovery procedures.

If your watches were sent to the Phillipines, you would need to provide police reports to the authorities in the region.
Old 17 January 2009, 04:30 AM   #3
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 Boutique Seller

Watch: Me!!!
NEVER EVER EVER ACCEPT PAYMENT OTHER THAN WIRE INTERNATIONALLY!!!! PERIOD!!!Oh my....im from the Philippines and even me..im very very careful with my transactions over there...well actually Internationally period unless i know the person..
Old 17 January 2009, 04:37 AM   #4
rajurama
"TRF" Member

Watch: amacallit
Off the topic of your question.
Well even if the card was stolen and the payment went through I think you would be paid. Its the banks loss which is again covered by insurance.
rajurama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2009, 07:21 PM   #5
Tri-National-Man
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubND/D/LV
Thanks for responses... The payment did go through but there is a procedure over here called "chargeback" which is when the stolen card's owner puts in a claim and basically my paypal account reimburses the stolen funds (12wks later). Paypal then tells me that I need to bring my account back into credit( because of the chargeback my account is £2.5K in the red..) Or it goes to their debt recovery processes!! I basically lost two nice watches and £2.5K. I did report to uk police and to Rolex lost and stolen. The police here in Devon are not very experienced with internet crime it seems..I wonder if my report ever went to the right authorities in Philippines...

Last edited by Tri-National-Man; 17 January 2009 at 07:23 PM.. Reason: not finished sentence
Tri-National-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 January 2009, 07:28 PM   #6
ECOMANX

Whenever I purchase a Rolex from other than an authorised AD, I phone the Rolex lost & stolen register first. It makes good economic sense.
ECOMANX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 January 2010, 02:53 AM   #7
johnnyjohnny
"TRF" Member

paypaL???

must ask you if you shipped to the authorized address for whoever pays via payal?

to use paypal (to buy a watch for instance) you must give your address to paypal and if it doesn't match the address listed with the credit card account, paypal declines acceptance of that card/transaction

if they used the proper address for the stolen credit card, they would have had to ask you to send the watch/watches to an address other than what paypal sends you as the legit address for that buyer (they send it in an email notifying you of payment)

did you agree to send the watch/watches to addresses other than what paypal had on record as the correct address for that credit card account?

thanks for any info on this
johnnyjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 April 2010, 04:15 AM   #8
jrf808
"TRF" Member

Unfortunately I recently experienced the same scam as Tri-National. Paypal is currently conducting an investigation however I know what the end result will be. It seems to me that Paypal should be somewhat liable as well. I would think they would contact the account holder to confirm that a payment has been authorized prior to sending the money to the recipient. That however was not the case with me (or Tri for that matter). I kind of think the card holder may be in on the scam. Why would you wait months before reporting an unauthorized charge to your card? Additionally, I receive an e-mail informing me when a payment I make via paypal has been completed. The question is, why are the discrepancies brought to light only after an item has been received by the alleged buyer. Something smells a little fishy here. This is my first international transaction and will definitely be my last. I thought using Paypal would reduce the possibility of a scam, however I learned the hard way that they lack the mechanisms in place to recognize and investigate possible scams by individuals using their site prior to dispersing funds. Tough learning experience. I'm out of a $6000 watch.
jrf808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2010, 10:43 AM   #9
Kapture1
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ω 3570.50.00
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrf808 View Post
Unfortunately I recently experienced the same scam as Tri-National. Paypal is currently conducting an investigation however I know what the end result will be. It seems to me that Paypal should be somewhat liable as well.
You would think, but as it turns out you can have a terms of use agreement that very few people actually read. Since when does a multi billion dollar company care about the consumer?

Wash out this tired notion that the best is yet to come
Kapture1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2010, 10:48 AM   #10
patek5107
Banned

You can dispute the chargeback.

PayPal will ask that you shipped the item to the CONFIRMED address.... as long as you did that.... you could be ok.....
patek5107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2010, 10:53 AM   #11
hooliganhooker

Watch: Rolex MilGauss
I'm certainly no expert with PayPal as I've only used it a few times. But each time I've used it, I had to confirm and email before they would process the transaction.

How did they allow the transaction to go through without that confirmation? Seems like they should bear the burden, not you.
hooliganhooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2010, 11:01 AM   #12
ghostrider
"TRF" Member

How does one find the phone numbr or address for the registry?
ghostrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2010, 11:10 AM   #13
Traveler

I dont know what the rules are for pay pal in the UK..but here , they could never put the 'chargeback' into collection..and if they did,,good luck collecting it..and with a dispute to any credit reporting agency etc..the burdern would all be on pay pal..IF it was sent to the credit card holders address as listed on the account.
Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2010, 02:47 PM   #14
gimpex
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub C LV / Exp II
Just a comment on paypal - As far as I know you can only have a confirmed address if you are in US and maybe one or two other countries.... You can have an account "verified" meaning they take of a dollar of your account and then a few days later you put in the transaction reference code back on paypal website to show it is your card account.

But address cannot be confirmed outside US , AFAIK .
gimpex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2010, 03:09 PM   #15
pfg1
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116622 YM Blue
What is the phone number for the Rolex Registry?
pfg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 October 2011, 08:16 AM   #16
li21
"TRF" Member

Hi yes, I'd like to know where is this registry.. I want to report a watch I got scammed out of
li21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2012, 02:37 PM   #17
honitel

Watch: Rolex
Regarding in my watch lost or stolen, a company of a jewelry finder help me to locate my belonging. They do all the work and giving reward to the one finds it enjoy the rewards that been giving to them.
honitel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2012, 02:39 PM   #18
gwalker
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD; 116610LN
Talk about bringing an OLD thread back to life....
gwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 September 2012, 02:42 PM   #19
honitel

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwalker View Post
Talk about bringing an OLD thread back to life....
Well, yes ;)
honitel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2015, 09:24 PM   #20
Konstantine
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1680 White Sub
Hi there, reviving a three-year dormant thread, is there an on line accessible Rolex wanted list? Or do I have to talk to an AD?
Konstantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2015, 10:21 PM   #21
Judah
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 16523
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECOMANX View Post
Whenever I purchase a Rolex from other than an authorised AD, I phone the Rolex lost & stolen register first. It makes good economic sense.
Judah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 March 2015, 10:33 PM   #22
kilyung
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sundial
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantine View Post
Hi there, reviving a three-year dormant thread, is there an on line accessible Rolex wanted list? Or do I have to talk to an AD?
There is no public online list or system to check serials. IIRC RSC UK used to check numbers over the phone for you but no longer. Never heard of any other RSC doing so without the watch in hand.
kilyung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2015, 12:16 AM   #23
ems12
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Pay Pal is simply the worst for transactions.

To much protection for the buyer and not the seller.
ems12 is offline   Reply With Quote