The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 26 July 2015, 10:37 AM   #1
mromero
"TRF" Member

GMT Master it is, Now who to buy it from

So, I was indecisive on whether to go with the DJ2 or a GMT. I went to Tourneau today and tried on a few different watches. The GMT fit my wrist perfectly and I really liked the sportier look that it offers. Now the question is, Who do i purchase it from. There is a significant price difference from getting one on the forum as opposed to purchasing one at Tourneau. Its always pretty scary making a large purchase online. Theres always that fear of getting ripped off or receiving a fake. Any specifics i should be aware of or people I should stay away from? Or better yet, any trusted sellers on here? I'm new to rolex's, so any advice is always greatly appreciated.
mromero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2015, 10:40 AM   #2
wilfreb
"TRF" Member

Great choice

Sent from my SM-G9200 using Tapatalk
wilfreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2015, 10:44 AM   #3
Ezkill
"TRF" Member

Look in the classifieds section "Who's Who" sub section. Lots of sellers on here with 100's if not 1000's of transactions. You can also look at the "Watchout" section to see how quickly the fine people here can spot a less then authentic watch, even from crappy, grainy ebay photos. You aren't going to find a fake watch in the classified section here because it'll be spotted out in a split second. The high volume sellers here aren't going to ruin long standing reputations by playing games.
Ezkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2015, 10:53 AM   #4
tkerrmd
"TRF" Member

Watch: ME RACE PORSCHES
If this is your first Rolex or only Rolex you may be more comfortable getting it from the AD

Plenty of trusted sellers on this forum will save you a lot of money if that is your concern
tkerrmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2015, 10:58 AM   #5
mromero
"TRF" Member

I was reading up on Sohail and he seems like a great seller. Will most likely go to him. I have read many positive reviews. This is my first rolex. Whats the pro's and cons of going pre owned? He offers new and pre owned.
mromero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2015, 11:08 AM   #6
tkerrmd
"TRF" Member

Watch: ME RACE PORSCHES
Quote:
Originally Posted by mromero View Post
I was reading up on Sohail and he seems like a great seller. Will most likely go to him. I have read many positive reviews. This is my first rolex. Whats the pro's and cons of going pre owned? He offers new and pre owned.
Pre owned will save you a lot of money
tkerrmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2015, 11:12 AM   #7
T. Ferguson
"TRF" Member

There are numerous sellers here that are completely trustworthy and highly regarded. Scan the for sale section and get a feel for who's is real active and has the watch you want, then check the who's who section to research feedback on those sellers.

If you are buying new check to see if the warranty card is "open" (no buyer's name) if that matters to you. Since in the USA the warranty follows the watch, personally if the price is right someone else's name on the card wouldn't stop me from buying it. You may also wish to inquire whether the watch comes with a 2 or 5 year warranty from Rolex. Obviously any new watch sold by an AD will have a five year warranty. This may not be the case the a trusted TRF seller if he acquired the watch before 7/1.

Once you've settled on a seller that has what you want you can post a thread in the who's who section asking for feedback from members on their experience with him in case the feedback already there isn't sufficient for you.

I've bought numerous watches from sellers here with zero problems and I'm a guy who would never buy online, especially on Ebay. The most important thing as we say here on TRF is "buy the seller first, then the watch!" What this means to me is compile a list of sellers you are comfortable dealing with BEFORE worrying about if they even have the watch you want. Then check availability from the guys on your list. If none of them have it, contact a few of them to source it for you. For a BNIB GMT it shouldn't take them long to find.

My first purchase was from one of the most highly regarded and active sellers here, so there was no shortage of glowing recommendations. I won't lie to you though, the overnight between transferring the funds and receiving the watch was mentally brutal, LOL! But as everyone told me it would, it went without a hitch.

Best of luck to you, you picked a great watch. My first purchase here was a 116713.

The biggest difference between new and used is the price, obviously. Of course, condition comes into it at that point, but that is another good thing about the trusted sellers here...they have a terrific track record of accurately describing the condition and, if anything, understate it so you are usually pleasantly surprised. Also maybe or maybe not pertinent to you is whether there is any warranty remaining, service history (if any), is the watch all original, and whether the watch comes with a full package of papers, boxes, hang tags, card, etc.

I've not purchased from Sohail, but he is on my list of power sellers here and wouldn't hesitate dealing with him.

Welcome to the forum, and post pics of your new watch!
Old 26 July 2015, 12:01 PM   #8
Sublover2166
Banned

Watch: Ol'Bluesy & Hulk
I can vouch for jizeal Neil Patel. Great guy to deal with, his pricing is among the lowest and almost all his watches are sourced from USA Authorized Dealers instead of from overseas countries. This was very important to myself and my Hulk was purchased from him BNIB with my name on the warranty card, from a US dealer and I saved $1500 total as opposed to buying from an AD myself.
Sublover2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2015, 01:48 PM   #9
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

There's something to be said for going to the AD for the first one, however you're going to get the best price from a trusted seller on here. I've only worked with David SW, but all here are great from the reviews I've read.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2015, 09:07 PM   #10
ericg
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR/SubC/SMP 300
I've bought from DavidSW and JustRolexes ( Tony Geha) both were seamless and I can strongly recommend them. Positive feedback for them on these forums for many years.

As Dr Tom said you will find some great values on pre owned watches from these guys and some of the others on the preferred list.

If you read thru the who's who carefully you will see the same names pop up repeatedly.
ericg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2015, 09:08 PM   #11
Br_Lux
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710
Well, eBay/PayPal always offer the buyer protection!
Never ever send money as a gift on PayPal, never go for wire transaction, or direct deposit, IMHO...

Sent from my iRolex
Br_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 July 2015, 10:31 PM   #12
Urosfan
"TRF" Member

Watch: Me now
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkerrmd View Post
if this is your first rolex or only rolex you may be more comfortable getting it from the ad

plenty of trusted sellers on this forum will save you a lot of money if that is your concern
x2
Urosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2015, 12:07 AM   #13
Sublover2166
Banned

Watch: Ol'Bluesy & Hulk
If you go the AD route expect to pay full list price especially if you want a stainless steel piece. The trusted seller route here on the forum will save you significant $$ regardless of metal choice.
Sublover2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2015, 01:39 AM   #14
cosmoliu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, PP, AP, ALS
Earlier this year I bought my first Rolex in many years (I have had a two tone midsize DateJust since the 80s) from a brick and mortar grey dealer in Atlanta. It's a used watch (the one on the left in my avatar), first sold in 2011, and at the time I thought I got it for a good price. After since discovering TRF, I have learned that I could have gotten the same watch, +/- a year or two, here for a couple of hundred dollars less. I will say that the grey dealer answered quite a lot of questions that I had, and they do have a retail location to maintain. My only real beef with them is that their concept of "as new condition" and mine don't seem to agree.

After hanging out here for a couple of months, I bought another Rolex from a trusted seller here. It was a totally different experience, with only a couple of hundred words exchanged between us before completing the transaction. I had learned enough hanging out here to know exactly what I wanted and that was all the communication that was necessary. Totally different experience, and I bought a BNIB watch (the only scratches on it are my own) for many hundreds of dollars less than that what the Atlanta grey market dealer sells the same watch for, not to mention what full MSRP plus tax would have been at the local AD. Bottom line: I am a more informed consumer now with two watches, one at a pretty good price and one at a great price. Hunting through the classified section here, I have learned that almost any watch you might want will eventually show up either new or used. I also have come to the conclusion that, as much as Rolex would like to romanticize their product; in the end, they sell a commodity. Interesting factoid: the warranty cards show that both of my watches are from the same original AD.
cosmoliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2015, 02:00 PM   #15
Lpugliese
"TRF" Member

Watch: rolex
sent you a pm
Lpugliese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 July 2015, 05:01 PM   #16
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
There is a buyer/sellers section on the Forum.

Everything you need to know is right there..

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote