The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 20 July 2023, 06:47 AM   #1
MAT4150
"TRF" Member

FP Journe Waitlist

Was wondering what the typical waitlist for FP Journe is. I know the Chronometre Bleu is unobtainable but what about the Souverain or the Havana? I know it's probably going to be a few years but curious how the boutique process has gone especially since they don't sell any other brands so not sure what they'd encourage as a first purchase. Thanks!
MAT4150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2023, 07:17 AM   #2
RolexBHR
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP RO
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAT4150 View Post
Was wondering what the typical waitlist for FP Journe is. I know the Chronometre Bleu is unobtainable but what about the Souverain or the Havana? I know it's probably going to be a few years but curious how the boutique process has gone especially since they don't sell any other brands so not sure what they'd encourage as a first purchase. Thanks!
The Dubai mall boutique refused to take my name for anything, even when I said I will pay deposit, not sure why they have a boutique then. He said they have 3,000 plus on there list.
RolexBHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2023, 07:43 AM   #3
mickyd329
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP/PP/Rolex
I wish I knew what the expected time frame is. Your guess is as good as mine.
I got introduced to the boutique by a friend who is a big FPJ collector. We sat down for a 2 hour session with the SA. We filled out a wish list of pieces I want over time. I was encouraged to ask for pieces I really want versus pieces I think are more obtainable.

They said they will be working on next years allocations soon and said I need to stay engaged with the brand and attend their events, which I will be doing.

The CB is a non starter as they stopped taking orders on them. My understanding is they build more of the CS line than other models and probably more attainable than the rest. I didn't get the feeling that the Havana was off the table as a first piece.

The experience was very pleasant and walked away feeling that they don't play the games we see in our hobby from some high demand brands. They are truly trying to allocate to true collectors and want to get to know them via events they put on before they sell you a piece. I can appreciate that.
PP 5205G-013/ PP 5212A / AP 15416CE /26574 st QP/ AP 50th 16202st /AP 15500st Black / AP 26405CE / AP 77350CE / AP 15551st / AP 67540sk /Daytona C White/Rolex SS BLRO / Rolex Sub Green / Rolex Explorer II/ Rolex DJ Blue
mickyd329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2023, 09:04 AM   #4
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexBHR View Post
The Dubai mall boutique refused to take my name for anything, even when I said I will pay deposit, not sure why they have a boutique then. He said they have 3,000 plus on there list.

If this is your first visit and ask to put down deposit on certain piece. That’s probably why you are being refused.

I have witness so many times someone walked into the boutique and asked for a piece point blank and got the polite refusal.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2023, 09:20 AM   #5
Bearxj86
"TRF" Member

Watch: 3970
At least in the US once you make the proper introductions and get on the list - you need to attend their monthly happy hours and events to move up the list. It is almost impossible for them to allocate you a piece if you only go to the boutique once. I would make as many trips to hang out and let them get to know you better.
Bearxj86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 July 2023, 12:20 PM   #6
MAT4150
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickyd329 View Post
I wish I knew what the expected time frame is. Your guess is as good as mine.
I got introduced to the boutique by a friend who is a big FPJ collector. We sat down for a 2 hour session with the SA. We filled out a wish list of pieces I want over time. I was encouraged to ask for pieces I really want versus pieces I think are more obtainable.

They said they will be working on next years allocations soon and said I need to stay engaged with the brand and attend their events, which I will be doing.

The CB is a non starter as they stopped taking orders on them. My understanding is they build more of the CS line than other models and probably more attainable than the rest. I didn't get the feeling that the Havana was off the table as a first piece.

The experience was very pleasant and walked away feeling that they don't play the games we see in our hobby from some high demand brands. They are truly trying to allocate to true collectors and want to get to know them via events they put on before they sell you a piece. I can appreciate that.
That’s definitely good to know! Honestly if I had to pick my top Journe it’d probably be the Havana. Sadly I’m not super close to a boutique but can get to one without too much trouble.
Old 20 July 2023, 12:30 PM   #7
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
They favor those who live near a boutique it’s that simple. So either move near one or fly in monthly.

I raised this issue with Pierre and he basically said it doesn’t mean you won’t get an allocation but we give preference to those who attend our events. In a short and annoyed tone no less.
Old 20 July 2023, 12:32 PM   #8
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
They favor those who live near a boutique it’s that simple. So either move near one or fly in monthly.

I raised this issue with Pierre and he basically said it doesn’t mean you won’t get an allocation but we give preference to those who attend our events. In a short and annoyed tone no less.

I can almost imagine that look on his face
Old 21 July 2023, 12:26 AM   #9
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAT4150 View Post
That’s definitely good to know! Honestly if I had to pick my top Journe it’d probably be the Havana. Sadly I’m not super close to a boutique but can get to one without too much trouble.

If you live far away and still make an effort to visit regularly, it will probably help to show that you are a serious collector. How far are you from the closest boutique? I make day trip regularly every other month or so.
Old 21 July 2023, 12:51 AM   #10
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

I am probably the smallest fish in the FPJ sea, owning a CS that I purchased pre-owned. When I was in Miami on vacation I stopped into the boutique and it was a great visit. Spent about an hour chatting with one of the SAs and tried on a few pieces. I wanted my CS serviced but wanted to meet the crew first, and to select a new strap. The communication with the SA during and after the service has been quite warm and cordial.

He asked what I was interested in and I told him I'd love the opportunity to purchase a Lune in platinum. He said maybe we can make it happen, but of course not right away. I'm not holding my breath as there are a bunch of watches on my radar and hundreds or thousands of other more qualified clients to consider, but if I got lucky with an allocation I'd definitely snap it up.
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2023, 01:30 AM   #11
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post

I can almost imagine that look on his face

That’s precisely the moment I realized I’d been allocated my last Journe lol
Old 21 July 2023, 01:36 AM   #12
Auric Goldfinger
Banned

How’s the wait on the Elegante?

I don’t have a FPJ just yet but this one piques my interest.
Auric Goldfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2023, 04:24 AM   #13
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
That’s precisely the moment I realized I’d been allocated my last Journe lol
Old 21 July 2023, 04:25 AM   #14
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auric Goldfinger View Post

40mm probably won't be too bad. But 48 is probably hard.
Old 21 July 2023, 05:23 AM   #15
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

I truly believe the CS is one of journes best and those can be had at a relatively inoffensive premium right now. That would be my route and then if you feel the bug start working the boutique. Who wants to wait 2 years for their first piece when you don’t even know if you have the Journe itch.

Also I love my ARS2 and those too are close to retail. A perfect transition for someone coming from AP/Rolex/Sport PP.
Old 21 July 2023, 06:39 AM   #16
Gr8
Banned

Is this true that you need to write an essay for the right to buy an FP Journe?
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu4_9oFRLD1/
Gr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2023, 06:45 AM   #17
kaiserphoenix
"TRF" Member

Watch: FPJ CO BL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8 View Post
Yes it’s true. I did not have to write an essay for my BL CO but an application for approval still must be submitted. The Tokyo boutique did that for me but it took years for it to be approved, but it did happen in the end so I’m quite confident with FPJs process in the sense that if you are patient and continue to be engaged it will happen for you.
F.P.Journe Chronometre Optimum Black Label, Patek 5811G-001, A. Lange & Söhne Lange 1 191.039, Patek 5167A-001, Rolex Yacht-Master 40 Everrose, (Wh) Rolex Daytona 116500, (Blue) Rolex Skydweller 326934, Rolex Submariner 126610LV

IG: tokyo_watch_guy
kaiserphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2023, 07:58 AM   #18
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr8 View Post

This post is misleading. You don’t need an essay for a CB. It just does not exist for new customer.
Old 21 July 2023, 03:41 PM   #19
Lukla
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet
I was planning on visiting Journe boutique in LA on my next visit to US but after reading above comments maybe not since I visit LA only 2-3 times a year.
Lukla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2023, 07:54 PM   #20
DonLee
"TRF" Member

TBH, FPJ is a totally different level and their business is totally different.

I waited maybe a couple months only to get an Aquanaut, less than that to get a RO, FPJ? about 20 months in and still nothing.
DonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 July 2023, 11:55 PM   #21
thekman
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610LV
All you gotta do is start making weekday trips during business hours to attend their meet up in a city you don't live in :)

I am being sarcastic as I was told I needed to come to their events at the NYC boutique which seemed to be all happening on Tuesday at 4pm. Given that I live in Boston and have a job and a family that seemed like a tall ask.

Follow me www.instagram.com/subs.n.scrubs
thekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2023, 12:12 AM   #22
MAT4150
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekman View Post
All you gotta do is start making weekday trips during business hours to attend their meet up in a city you don't live in :)

I am being sarcastic as I was told I needed to come to their events at the NYC boutique which seemed to be all happening on Tuesday at 4pm. Given that I live in Boston and have a job and a family that seemed like a tall ask.
No problem, I'll send my private jet out for you to go to and from :)
Old 22 July 2023, 12:58 AM   #23
Pdg
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekman View Post

Yeah, I was told to go to events, etc. I email them to go to events and they never respond. I go visit and there is nothing there. The sales people are nice but don’t seem interested.

I love FP Journe and have for a long time (since before I could afford their watches) but I have stopped playing any games. I’m happy to go to events, but as a client I’m not going to beg to go to an event so I can drop $50k on a watch. I’m not going to beg for a watch period. My collection keeps growing but with other brands and still many great independents.
Pdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2023, 01:12 AM   #24
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonLee View Post

I waited maybe a couple months only to get an Aquanaut, less than that to get a RO, FPJ? about 20 months in and still nothing.
Yes, but you are doing really well in getting some nice watches.
Calatrava r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2023, 01:20 AM   #25
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdg View Post
Yeah, I was told to go to events, etc. I email them to go to events and they never respond. I go visit and there is nothing there. The sales people are nice but don’t seem interested.

I love FP Journe and have for a long time (since before I could afford their watches) but I have stopped playing any games. I’m happy to go to events, but as a client I’m not going to beg to go to an event so I can drop $50k on a watch. I’m not going to beg for a watch period. My collection keeps growing but with other brands and still many great independents.

That is very surprising. Did you fill out a client card in one of your visits? Once you fill it out, you would get emails notifying you of the monthly aperitif which is usually the first Tuesday of the month and you just need to RSVP.

Did you really sign up for an event and showed up on the date you signed up but nothing was there?

My experience at the boutique has always been superb even months/year before I got my first allocation. I think most of the people here concur to that experience. But it does take more than one or two casual visit to get any allocations though. I never feel that I was “begging” for a watch; more so they can know you better as a collector.
Old 22 July 2023, 01:27 AM   #26
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:

You got the Aquanaut as first purchase ever from the AD recently? That is actually quite rare.

I assumed you are in Asia so you may be working through the HK boutique? I heard it is one of the hardest one to get allocation.
Old 22 July 2023, 01:44 AM   #27
fatcows7
"TRF" Member

Watch: JLC / AP
I met with the Hong Kong boutique back in Dec-22 and met them again in Jul-23.

They're very nice but they don't let you take pictures of the watches in the store (as they're all dummies).

I asked about events + attednance and they said they don't host them because the store is too small?

They told me to only put down my interest for 1 watch and they'd work with me to get it. I asked them what's usually a "go-to" for a first watch and they pointed me towards a chronometre souverain (which was my number 1 choice anyways as I need something for black tie events). I put my details down and he sent me a whatsapp + asked me to send my watch collection over (vacheron in Hong Kong did the same).

I was wearing my 15510st when I went in.

No clue how long I'm going to wait but honestly the waiting doesn't really perplex me given they only make 800 watches and as someone has posted above, there are 3000 people on a list in just one boutique.
fatcows7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2023, 03:01 AM   #28
Skyrider01
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auric Goldfinger View Post

They had closed the list a few years ago when the waitlist reached 4 years.
I got on the list around that time and received my 48mm in 2 and a half years.
I have been a Journe client for over 5 years and go to many of their events, so that helped.
Skyrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2023, 03:26 AM   #29
DonLee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
You got the Aquanaut as first purchase ever from the AD recently? That is actually quite rare.

I assumed you are in Asia so you may be working through the HK boutique? I heard it is one of the hardest one to get allocation.

basically what I'm saying is, FPJ do not care who you are, or what you do. Get in line like the rest of them. Meanwhile VC/AP/PP watches are still hard to come by, but that can change depending if you have social media following. FPJ don't care about that stuff.
DonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2023, 03:27 AM   #30
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
basically what I'm saying is, FPJ do not care who you are, or what you do. Get in line like the rest of them. Meanwhile VC/AP/PP watches are still hard to come by, but that can change depending if you have social media following. FPJ don't care about that stuff.

Agree. I feel that the system at the boutique is quite fair. As long as you show that you are really appreciative of the brand and have patience. It will happen.