The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2 December 2010, 03:42 PM   #31
snog
"TRF" Member

depends how you feel but I would consider going back to your AD and getting him to supply you with a free case back,if ever you choose to sell, it is there for you,most of us buy watches with a view to keeping them but you never know,and if he doesn't agree I would contact Rolex and explain you were mislead by one of their ADs,you sound very understanding but shouldn't have to accept service like that,if any such rule existed Rolex would either do the engraving themselves or the AD would have to supply and not use a stall around the corner.
Old 5 June 2016, 03:10 AM   #32
GradyPhilpott
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Tudor North Flag
I have a vintage watch that has the original owner's name and the date of presentation engraved on the back.

I like it and I like the idea that I'm taking care of a watch for someone who's no longer with us, even if he was unknown to me.

Inaugural TRF $50 Watch Challenge Winner
Old 5 June 2016, 05:09 AM   #33
ref1655
Banned

Watch: 1655/MkI
my 1655 is engraved...initials/college graduation year/degree.

if the back ever needed to be replaced or changed, an independent RSC informed me that they send it to a factory-authorized RSC (i.e. LA/Dallas/NY) & following verification of its authenticity, a new back is issued...for a price of course.

from the standpoint of antiquity...if the watch is a vintage/collectible model, an engraving does not detract from its overall value. sometimes it can add to the value of the timepiece...especially if the name/initials are from someone historically noteworthy.
Old 5 June 2016, 08:41 AM   #34
sheldonsmith
2024 Pledge Member

Icon3 I had my SD4000 laser engraved

I wanted to make the SD4000 even more special. After I had the Minus4Plus6 logo updated in 2015, I thought that the logo on the caseback would do the trick. One of my long time pals owns CrashTag, a laser engraved identification tag for active outdoors people. My pal indicated that CrashTag utilizes LaserMarks as their primary engraver. I contacted LaserMarks and sent them a couple of generic casebacks to engrave. Once Mark at LaserMarks was able to fine tune the logo, and the depth, on the generic casebacks, he engraved the SD4000 caseback. I had the caseback reinstalled and pressure tested by my Rolex Certified watchmaker.

-Sheldon
Old 5 June 2016, 09:03 AM   #35
blue lion
"TRF" Member

Watch: It's just a watch.
No reason for Rolex to engrave it. I like the concept of being able to have on the clean slate what I want on there.
Old 5 June 2016, 10:35 AM   #36
WhiskyVerb
Banned

Watch: 214270, Speedy Pro
My AD, Fourtane in Carmel CA, offered engraving for free. I wanted my entire name engraved but I also wanted to wear it out of the store since it was an impulse buy (gift from my GF). After a few months, I took it back in for engraving. My sales associate, Giovani, brought it up to me in San Francisco a few days later as he had personal business in the city.

I will probably never buy another Rolex as I plan to wear this for the remainder of my life. And I don't rally have the money to spend on relatively expensive watches. I don't plan on flipping this.

If you are curious, I wanted a watch for all occasions. So I got the 39mm Explorer T-Rex.
Closed Thread