The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 21 October 2014, 10:05 AM   #1
Showcall
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Skydweller
Tourneau Watches

Hi All,
have any of you had any experiences with Tourneau Watches in the States?
Showcall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 October 2014, 10:10 AM   #2
TripleB Boston
Banned

Watch: GMTII Blue/Red
I purchased a Corum Tides 48 from the Tourneau formerly in the Natick, Massachusetts mall. They are no longer in that location and moved their operation to Boston. Nice place. The staff was really friendly and not snooty as most ADs I've seen.
They always had a few pre-owned Rolex watches and at least one Patek.
I always liked browsing their shop. Was disappointed when they left.
TripleB Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 October 2014, 12:04 AM   #3
TonyD
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Meteorite Daytona
Most WIS here will likely dump on Tourneau and they are right to do it. I have bought and traded with them and will do so again though. You just have to go in with open eyes.

Mostly poor salespeople who know nothing. There are some very good ones so I get to know them and always ask for them. Until they leave because they are good salespeople that can get a better job.

They offer stupid low prices for trades. It is possible however to make a trade work with the right person and watches. Again, know the right values going in.

They give squat for discounts. I would not normally buy new there. The sales people have zero pull. Everything goes to the back room to the mysterious store manager like a car dealer.

They have good warranties and extend most existing warranties. Just be aware that a lot of work will be done by their own watchmakers which can be hit or miss.

NOTHING pre-owned comes with box or papers. They never have them. That can kill a deal for me.

I still like to go window shopping and see all the pre-owned stuff. Nice variety usually and you get to see weird stuff.