The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6 October 2005, 07:56 AM   #1
----

Icon5 Suggestions for my next watch

The YM has to go to help pay for my new PanoReserve, so is off with a goldsmith I know that runs his own business. I hope that he will sell it soon, although I do admit having some last minute reservations as I polished it and boxed it up to get it ready for him to display in his shop. He has people coming to see it, so I do expect it to sell soon.

In fact, my wife (who I had promised I would sell the YM to help with the GO) offered that I could keep the Rolex, but I didn't want to go back on my word as I figured this would doom any future promises I might make in the heat of the moment..... . Also, I feel the need to be Rolex-free at the moment, although I am certainly not ruling out going back to one at some time in the future (sorry, no offense it's just a personal thing at the moment ).

Now I am left with 3 watches:

Seiko 5 - the beater

GO PanoReserve

JLC Master Moon

So, I feel the need to start hunting for my next watch (I love the hunt ). I am torn between some kind of vintage dress watch, such as the AP I posted about a while back, or something more rugged and importantly for me, waterproof. Before anyone offers an Omega, I am just not there yet with anything they have to offer - thanks. Here is my criteria for a sport watch, which I will focus my hunt on for now:

- No bigger than 38mm (okay, no jokes about my wrist John! )
- Stainless steel and on bracelet.
- Waterproof - so screw down crown or something to give me 100M rating.
- Luminous markers/hands.
- Not a chronograph (have no use for it).

Now about the price, which will affect how soon I can buy it......I'm not averse to spending some decent coin on another good level watch, but if there was a less expensive brand out there I would consider it as well. So, can you all put your thinking caps on and put forward your suggestions? I am open to many brands and models, and would appreciate pictures if you have them - but I also reserve the right to not take your advice....

Thanks in advance! Al