The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 26 January 2010, 07:53 PM   #1
bombdefuzer
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT II
"FSOT Rolex 16613 Blue Tutone Sub" in Classifieds

I bought this watch from a member here clbcpa on 6 Jan 2010.

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthrea...ghlight=tutone

Here are my impressions based on facts:

The watch: Nice overall, as advertised. The watch is bit old, but nonetheless very clean. The band is a little sloppy as well as the clasp, and the band has been buffed out. The crystal is clear but the luminesence has worn out of the face and the bezel. I think it was worth what I paid for it.

Verdict - Satisfied.

The Sale: The watch shipped on time and was received in a timely fashion. The seller agreed to tracking, insurance and registered mail. After paying I had to remind the seller to provide me the tracking number and received the tracking a day later. I went to the USPS website and entered the tracking number. I received this response "Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office"

Since we agreed on tracking and I wanted to be able to see it had been shipped, I was a bit concerned about it and 3 days after the sale, I contacted the seller to inquire about this. The seller responded he would go to the post office and find out what was going on, and apologized for the trouble I was experiencing. He offered to refund me $200 for my trouble and the money I had paid for the services I did not receive.
I replied with my paypal address as he requested to facilitate the $200 refund.

About 10 days into the sale I still didn't have the watch, refund and the USPS tracking was still displaying the same message. I contacted the seller again and asked if he had found anything out as he had indicated in our last email. He told me he went to the post office but didn't resolve the lack of tracking. I inquired about the refund and he claimed he never received my paypal address. I told him I had sent it and would resend it.

I did receive the watch on 22 Jan 2010, but have yet to receive the promised $200 refund.

Verdict - Not Satisfied.

I tried to provide a factual sales report. Hopefully my feedback can contribute to improved sales experiences for members. This is my intent.

Here are my opinions based on facts:

I have written off the $200 refund. If a buyer or seller says he will do something, he should do it. Would I buy from the same seller again? Given the choices of sellers on this forum...no.

Sincerely,

bombdefuzer
bombdefuzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2010, 10:25 PM   #2
mcjp6
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513s
Welcome to TRF Chris and congratulations on your new sub....

Waiting for your new watch to arrive can be a real pain especially if you cannot "see" it via the couriers tracking system. There are some great sellers on the forum. Hope your next experience will go smoother.
mcjp6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2010, 11:16 PM   #3
idk01
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ16233TT
Hi Christopher,

A welcome from me too, and I agree with Michael, I hate waiting without some way of tracking, Congrats on the new Sub, wear it with pride

Just a note, there is a section called Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?! The mods might end up moving this thread to there soonish.

Dave.

idk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 January 2010, 11:51 PM   #4
onkyo
Banned

I am assuming the watch was sent USPS registered mail?

USPS has a terrible tracking system and and I often receive packages before they are even recorded in their online system.

Also, USPS registered mail is the slowest but safest method of shipping watches in the US. In my experience, packages shipped from Niagra Falls NY to Brooklyn NY can take over 1 week..... and that is within one state. I would imagine Georgia to Texas could take longer. So it is difficult to blame the seller for USPS shortcomings. It was a kind gesture of the seller to offer $200 refund and if it was promised he should come through with it. I would again inquire with the seller.

So, the only thing the seller possibly could have done differently was notify you of this potential delay with USPS delivery (if he was aware).

It seems you are more unhappy with USPS than the seller.
onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2010, 12:10 AM   #5
ParisDakarBmw
Banned

Watch: 116610 Sub-C
Nice watch! Welcome to TRF!
ParisDakarBmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2010, 02:35 PM   #6
bombdefuzer
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the tips, conrgrats etc. Yes I agree I should move this to the Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who". This is where I meant it to go, but somehow managed to put it here. If anyone can help to move it I would appreciate it.
Old 27 January 2010, 02:43 PM   #7
bombdefuzer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by onkyo View Post
I am assuming the watch was sent USPS registered mail?

USPS has a terrible tracking system and and I often receive packages before they are even recorded in their online system.

Also, USPS registered mail is the slowest but safest method of shipping watches in the US. In my experience, packages shipped from Niagra Falls NY to Brooklyn NY can take over 1 week..... and that is within one state. I would imagine Georgia to Texas could take longer. So it is difficult to blame the seller for USPS shortcomings. It was a kind gesture of the seller to offer $200 refund and if it was promised he should come through with it. I would again inquire with the seller.

So, the only thing the seller possibly could have done differently was notify you of this potential delay with USPS delivery (if he was aware).

It seems you are more unhappy with USPS than the seller.
The package went to an APO address. I can get over the shipping time. It wasn't really a delay. This is fairly normal for a package to go from the USA to Kuwait. But due to the out of USA destination I was a bit nervous. Kuwait customs do screen packages and some things do go unaccounted for, lost, confiscated or stolen. So the agreement we made for tracking was either not available or not purchased. In any event, it is easy to find out by simply inquiring when the seller ships it. I was given the "I'll check on it" response and never received a definitive answer except for "the post office says you will get it by 22 Jan" which I did.

If there is anything I am unsatisfied with is a promise to refund $200 which never came through.

A few hiccups along the way but I am happy with the watch.
Old 27 January 2010, 03:04 PM   #8
bodybump
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 Boutique Seller

Watch: Me!!!
Hey Chris welcome to TRF!!! All is well that ends well!!!
Old 27 January 2010, 03:13 PM   #9
DAVIDSW
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
2024 Boutique Seller

Watch: 1655 EXP
I was at the post office this week and heard the Postman say that they not allow any tracking on packages going to a APO.

Reason being not wanting someone to know how long it actually took to get there for security reasons.

Just relaying what I heard.

Regards
DavidSW
DAVIDSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 January 2010, 11:12 PM   #10
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVIDSW View Post
I was at the post office this week and heard the Postman say that they not allow any tracking on packages going to a APO.

Reason being not wanting someone to know how long it actually took to get there for security reasons.

Just relaying what I heard.

Regards
DavidSW
Thanks for that info David....
onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2010, 08:29 PM   #11
bombdefuzer
"TRF" Member

UPDATE: Just got back from my watch tech and we opened up the watch as well as pressure tested it.
The serial is a X not a T as the advertiser claimed. The watch failed pressure test and has NOT been serviced since 2004.

So I call BS to his claims in the post he used to advertise it.

FSOT Rolex 16613 Blue Tutone Sub
"Here is a nice T serial Tutone Bluesy from my personal collection. I dont have the box or papers on this one but it is an excellent piece serviced by my Authorized Rolex Technicians here in Auburn, ALabama (Ware Jewlers). "

Needless to say I'm not happy.

Chris