The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 3 August 2011, 07:09 PM   #1
silvershark

Michael Young

Hey Guys

I've seen many people on here and other watch forums recommend Michael Young for restoration work, so I thought I would share with you my dealings with him.

I contacted Michael in February (After receiving recommendations from Forum members) and asked him if he would be able to restore my 18K/SS jubilee for my 1625 as it had a fair bit of stretch. He replied asking me to send him some pictures via email, which I did. I then received an email back which said that the bracelet could be restored, the price for the restoration and details of where to send the bracelet to. (Hong Kong) Michael also said the work would take 10 weeks max! I posted the bracelet registered and Michael received and signed for it on the 16th of February

After waiting about 13 weeks and hearing nothing I emailed Michael and enquired about the bracelet and received an email back saying that the work was progressing and the bracelet would be back with me soon. I waited another 6 weeks and contacted Michael again. This time I received an email back saying that the bracelet had been misplaced and he was trying his best to locate it and would be in touch once he had.

Another few weeks passed with no contact, so I emailed again. Michael replied asking me if I could send any more pictures with identifying marks as he still could not locate my bracelet. I replied that I couldn't as the only pics I had, were sent to him at the beggining of the process. I did however describe the bracelet as best I could.

On the 28th of June I contacted Micheal again for an update, and he replied saying that he had located my bracelet and they were working on it as a matter of urgency and he would send it back once it was completed.

I have had no contact since!! I emailed Michael on the 28th of July. One month after his last email saying the work was being done, but have had no reply! I have sent 2 further emails and still no reply!

I know Michael is a respected member of the Rolex community and well known on various forums, so I don't want to blacken his name or question his character. However I am at a loss as to what to do now. I have been pricing replacement bracelets and it looks like I'm going to have to fork out £500+ for a replacemnt! Not Happy!!!
silvershark is offline   Reply With Quote