The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28 May 2016, 10:06 AM   #1
Baco Noir
"TRF" Member

Watch: this ya'll
42mm Bronze Helson Shark Diver

I've been wanting a bronze watch for several years, but never quite found the one to pull the trigger on. This year, the Black Bay Bronze and Oris LE Carl Brashear Diver were released around Basel and piqued my interest further. The Oris is gorgeous with the blue dial but uses as SW200 movement and they want $2k for it. The Tudor has the new in-house movement but I'm not a huge fan of the dial/bezel color contrast (or lack there of) with the bronze case.

I owned a 45mm Ti Helson Shark Diver before and it's one of the few watches I flipped that I regretted selling. They are well built, have a unique look and the lume is amazing. I kept seeing a black dial 42mm bronze FS on another forum and found myself going back to look at it almost daily. I showed it to my wife last week and expected the "you don't need another watch" comment, but instead got the "Wow, that's nice and different than your other watches. I like the bronze. You should buy it."

A few PMs back and forth with the seller and we struck a deal. Today, the tracking number pinged my phone with a text message and I went to the office mailbox to collect it.

Current Collection: Rolex 116710BLNR & 216570 polar Explorer II; Omega Apollo 8 Speedmaster; Tudor BB Bronze Bucherer Blue Edition; Heuer Heritage Autavia; Nomos Club Sport Neomatik 42; Breitling Aerospace, Avenger Blackbird, & Superocean 44; Seiko Black Monster; Mickey Mouse Timex Electric; and dare I say it...an Apple Watch too
Baco Noir is offline   Reply With Quote