The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 11 February 2017, 12:56 PM   #31
RXAPPP
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5
Love it - a real stunner
RXAPPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 February 2017, 02:03 PM   #32
onkyo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by psv View Post
I think the dial/color is spectacular, but I'm personally no fan of the teardrop lugs. YMMV.

$45K for ss case with a Lemania movement is crazy. It is all hype. They should have something like this, with straight lugs, in the regular rotation at the $25K mark. It is what the community wants.

Overall, one thing baffles me more than anything. This VC release, much like the Zenith Hodinkee collaboration, underlines the incompetency of the watch-making industry. How does it take a collab to come up with a good looking watch? Why arent' these watches in regular production? How f-ng hard can it be to know which direction the market is going and supply what it wants??? The entire industry has been moving to 38-40mm sized stainless steel chronographs and time-only watches in classic/muted design for the last 5 years. Yet the industry keeps churning out bling, over-complicated watches, or over-sized watches that very few people want. Anything good is made in limited edition (JLC, Lange, Patek, Zenith, etc) or with artificially low production numbers (Daytona 116500, BLNR). Either this is some type of cosmic joke or a large part of the watch industry is incompetent.
took the words out of my mouth....
onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 February 2017, 01:15 AM   #33
subtona
"TRF" Member

Watch: APK & sometimes Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by psv View Post
I think the dial/color is spectacular, but I'm personally no fan of the teardrop lugs. YMMV.

$45K for ss case with a Lemania movement is crazy. It is all hype. They should have something like this, with straight lugs, in the regular rotation at the $25K mark. It is what the community wants.

Overall, one thing baffles me more than anything. This VC release, much like the Zenith Hodinkee collaboration, underlines the incompetency of the watch-making industry. How does it take a collab to come up with a good looking watch? Why arent' these watches in regular production? How f-ng hard can it be to know which direction the market is going and supply what it wants??? The entire industry has been moving to 38-40mm sized stainless steel chronographs and time-only watches in classic/muted design for the last 5 years. Yet the industry keeps churning out bling, over-complicated watches, or over-sized watches that very few people want. Anything good is made in limited edition (JLC, Lange, Patek, Zenith, etc) or with artificially low production numbers (Daytona 116500, BLNR). Either this is some type of cosmic joke or a large part of the watch industry is incompetent.
Hope they are reading. Well said

Then again, I'm not sure richemont can be saved?