The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 22 July 2023, 01:27 AM   #1
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonLee View Post
TBH, FPJ is a totally different level and their business is totally different.

I waited maybe a couple months only to get an Aquanaut, less than that to get a RO, FPJ? about 20 months in and still nothing.

You got the Aquanaut as first purchase ever from the AD recently? That is actually quite rare.

I assumed you are in Asia so you may be working through the HK boutique? I heard it is one of the hardest one to get allocation.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2023, 01:44 AM   #2
fatcows7
"TRF" Member

Watch: JLC / AP
I met with the Hong Kong boutique back in Dec-22 and met them again in Jul-23.

They're very nice but they don't let you take pictures of the watches in the store (as they're all dummies).

I asked about events + attednance and they said they don't host them because the store is too small?

They told me to only put down my interest for 1 watch and they'd work with me to get it. I asked them what's usually a "go-to" for a first watch and they pointed me towards a chronometre souverain (which was my number 1 choice anyways as I need something for black tie events). I put my details down and he sent me a whatsapp + asked me to send my watch collection over (vacheron in Hong Kong did the same).

I was wearing my 15510st when I went in.

No clue how long I'm going to wait but honestly the waiting doesn't really perplex me given they only make 800 watches and as someone has posted above, there are 3000 people on a list in just one boutique.
fatcows7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2023, 03:26 AM   #3
DonLee
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by llngoc View Post
You got the Aquanaut as first purchase ever from the AD recently? That is actually quite rare.

I assumed you are in Asia so you may be working through the HK boutique? I heard it is one of the hardest one to get allocation.

basically what I'm saying is, FPJ do not care who you are, or what you do. Get in line like the rest of them. Meanwhile VC/AP/PP watches are still hard to come by, but that can change depending if you have social media following. FPJ don't care about that stuff.
DonLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 July 2023, 03:27 AM   #4
llngoc
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonLee View Post
basically what I'm saying is, FPJ do not care who you are, or what you do. Get in line like the rest of them. Meanwhile VC/AP/PP watches are still hard to come by, but that can change depending if you have social media following. FPJ don't care about that stuff.

Agree. I feel that the system at the boutique is quite fair. As long as you show that you are really appreciative of the brand and have patience. It will happen.
llngoc is offline   Reply With Quote