The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 7 October 2005, 01:39 PM   #1
BruceS
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many
Dear John.......

JBH that is. We are a tight bunch over here. Actually, most of the watch community is. I guess that's something that you've failed to realize. It's too bad too.

I don't think people have misrepresented you John. Your arrogance and ego are obvious to the casual observer. You are a spin doctor. I'll hand that to you. But, one doesn't get banned from every major watch forum on the internet for no good reason.

I don't make a habit of talking about people. In fact, I've hardly posted anywhere lately. All the crap politics of these forums has ruined the fun. But, I did get a chance to read your post here. It too is full of half truths and spin.

You may be thinking that people are jealous of your position with a watch mag that most have never heard of,r your being published in a photog mag (decent article btw). But, I really don't think that's the case. It comes down to community. TZ is a community. This is a community. It's never about self promotion. Just sharing.

I for one don't feel I know much of anything about watches. I just wear 'em, and share with my mates. That's what it's all about.
Cheers,
Bruce
Old 7 October 2005, 01:44 PM   #2
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
Well said, very classy. Let's enjoy the company we have here and the COMMUNITY!! Bruce you could not be more right, that is what it is about, not the watches on our arms, it is about the group that comes together as one.

I really hope that midget cop doesn't find me in Kokomo.
Old 7 October 2005, 01:45 PM   #3
molex
"TRF" Member

Bruce, you're a class act and a gentleman. Personally, I would show far less restraint than you have, but that only highlights my own shortcomings I'm sure.

I will refrain from saying anything, as anyone who was around back in the day fully knows my feelings about this fellow.

And... this thread will be deleted in 5, 4, 3, 2....
Old 7 October 2005, 05:40 PM   #4
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Well said Bruce,but think its time to put all this, and whats happened in the
past on other forums away for good.TRF is our forum now,so lets keep all
this bickering well away,think we all get on so well with each other here.Would hate to see TRF go the way a few other forums have gone in
the past just MHO.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
Old 7 October 2005, 09:05 PM   #5
John Holbrook II
Banned

Really?

Bruce,

Normally, when someone of character and integrity levels accusations against someone else for lacking the same, they offer some form of proof or substantiation. You accuse me of being dishonest...of telling "half-truths"...of being a "spin doctor." However you offer no support for such a claim. Allow me to illustrate:

In the above you claim that I've been kicked off "every major watch forum on the Internet" I've not been kicked off PMWF. They're certainly "major." So is Chronocentric, and Equation of Time. I've not been kicked off those as well. Clearly your claim that I've been kicked off every major watch forum on the Internet is, at best, a half truth, and more pointedly, a whole lie.

See? If you're going to call someone a liar, it REALLY helps to be able to point to what they're saying, and offer proof that it isn't truth.

Take care Bruce - I hold no ill will against you, and I completely understand you feel some displaced loyalty to your friends which is the cause of your character attack. I've never spoken ill of you Bruce - you have no reason to throw venom my way.
Old 7 October 2005, 10:45 PM   #6
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
John, with all due respect, this is The Rolex Forums and not Watch Talk Forums. The deleted thread was, in my opinion, rightfully deleted because it contained issues pertinent to WTF and not TRF.

In light of this, the present thread is aimed at discussing issues relevant to WTF but not this forum, and now that you and Bruce have had your say, I'm locking it. Pardon me for being blunt, but as moderator here I will have to insist that discussion of such subjects here cease with immediate effect. Should you wish to make posts unrelated to this topic, please feel welcome to do so.
Old 7 October 2005, 10:50 PM   #7
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Well said, Bruce. And with that, I think we can close off discussion of this matter. JBH's original post has been deleted. There is no sense in leaving diatribes like that lying around for posterity. So let's end this subject and go back to having our normal quota of fun here. Because that's what TRF (The Real Fun) is all about.

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Closed Thread