The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 2 May 2022, 12:42 PM   #1
Fjweld
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, 1601,
CD Peacock Oak Brook

Went into a CD Peacock today to inquire about a dial switch on my Whte Dj41. No watch sales history with them, jewelry and Mont Blanc items only. The regular SA I deal with had a customer and I spoke with a new SA. I asked him if we could switch out my white for slate or blue motif, he automatically said no and that was that. I dug a little deeper and asked some questions and told him I believe it is possible, he humored me with the “I’ll have to ask the watchmaker if it’s possible”

Why answer a question without having the absolute correct answer especially in luxury sales?

Just my rant for the evening. I am blessed to have these problems and give thanks everyday.

Have a great week all
Fjweld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2022, 01:15 PM   #2
BlondesNwatches
"TRF" Member

Can't you call an RSC or something like that?
BlondesNwatches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2022, 01:20 PM   #3
jlovda
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513,1675,216570
You were asking a service question. You should have asked for someone in service. An SA is there to sell.
jlovda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2022, 02:48 AM   #4
Fjweld
"TRF" Member

I knew that they had a certified Rolex watchmaker on site and figured the SA would know what they could and could not do. Oh well chalk it up to my inexperience….
Old 3 May 2022, 02:59 AM   #5
OrangeSport
"TRF" Member

Watch: 14060M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjweld View Post

Why answer a question without having the absolute correct answer especially in luxury sales?
Because they are doing a boring, dead end job and couldn't care less
Old 3 May 2022, 03:00 AM   #6
JohnTz
"TRF" Member

Thats a tough store to get help at :)
JohnTz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2022, 04:04 AM   #7
JPBlackBay
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay
Suprised they're still an AD at this point.
JPBlackBay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2022, 02:48 AM   #8
johntictoc
"TRF" Member

CD Peacock has been under fire from Rolex corporate for some time now…not a good situation with them
johntictoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2022, 02:52 AM   #9
johntictoc
"TRF" Member

To be more specific…racketeering
Old 6 May 2022, 02:53 AM   #10
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPBlackBay View Post
Suprised they're still an AD at this point.
+1

I haven't had the greatest experience with them, although I haven't bothered to stop in the last several years. But they certainly had some well documented bad behavior there that I would have expected would result in the loss of their dealership. Last I knew they sold Patek too, surprisingly enough.
Old 6 May 2022, 03:32 AM   #11
Oyster Al
"TRF" Member

To make the story more sickening, i hear CD is building a megastore in the same mall with Rolex’s backing. The smaller family AD’s have to tow the line or they get axed. But an AD with a few stores in the right areas can get away with murder with Rolex.
Oyster Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2022, 04:34 AM   #12
NoVaSubowner
"TRF" Member

Watch: Love them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntictoc View Post
To be more specific…racketeering
Not to be rude, but how exactly do you know that??

Pretty serious accusation to fling around a forum.
NoVaSubowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2022, 04:40 AM   #13
Time Out
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVaSubowner View Post

They were in the news a bit ago. I believe they were back dooring pieces to grey markets in China and were involved in other nefarious things.
Time Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2022, 04:52 AM   #14
whiskyrolex
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Is this your first time on the internet?
whiskyrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2022, 04:56 AM   #15
uscmatt99
"TRF" Member

Swing by Razny's, they were great to work with for me recently. No purchase history, they turned around my Explorer pretty quick and I tried on some display only pieces and chatted it up with one of the SA's. I believe they have an in-house Rolex certified watchmaker, though I'm not sure which site they work out of day to day.
uscmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2022, 04:56 AM   #16
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
If they have a certified Rolex watch tech on site, they must have a parts account as well …

I had a dial swap done at RSC on my DJ2 but that was many years ago. They changed the dial and hands, and kept the old set. It was around $150.00 CAD
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2022, 05:02 AM   #17
WantBlue15202
"TRF" Member

Because Rolex isn't a luxury brand. Luxury watches have leather straps.
Old 6 May 2022, 07:37 AM   #18
johntictoc
"TRF" Member

Per the racketeering comment, yes, I should have disclosed that you can google cd peacock and racketeering and find their court case as publically available. They were running a full fledged scam of selling AD sports models at a premium directly to foreign buyers via one of their personal employees who was being incentivized to keep doing it!
Old 6 May 2022, 07:54 AM   #19
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Quote:
Per the racketeering comment, yes, I should have disclosed that you can google cd peacock and racketeering and find their court case as publically available. They were running a full fledged scam of selling AD sports models at a premium directly to foreign buyers via one of their personal employees who was being incentivized to keep doing it!
I am pretty sure that case was thrown out, it was a lawsuit by a former employee, not a criminal case. They are still an AD so apparently RolexUSA did not believe any wrongdoing was proven.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2022, 07:56 AM   #20
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
I'm not a lawyer, but in reading the lawsuit and some of the commentary on it, it seems more like the racketeering allegation was actually a way of getting a simple employment dispute heard federal court, and making unscrupulous, but not illegal, actions a matter of public record. In other words, trying to engineer a better settlement.

The actions alleged are between the employees, CDP, and Rolex, but as long as all income was reported and taxes paid, I don't see where a crime was committed.
dannyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2022, 09:23 AM   #21
JohnG168
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT 2
Quote:

There were numerous news articles on this. Maybe do a quick google search before accusing the poster of "flinging accusations'?
JohnG168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2022, 09:30 AM   #22
Alex369
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Went into a CD Peacock today to inquire about a dial switch on my Whte Dj41. No watch sales history with them, jewelry and Mont Blanc items only. The regular SA I deal with had a customer and I spoke with a new SA. I asked him if we could switch out my white for slate or blue motif, he automatically said no and that was that. I dug a little deeper and asked some questions and told him I believe it is possible, he humored me with the “I’ll have to ask the watchmaker if it’s possible”

Just my rant for the evening. I am blessed to have these problems and give thanks everyday.

Have a great week all
His first answer was the correct one. His second answer was attempt to politely get you to move on...
Alex369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2022, 10:45 AM   #23
Doood
"TRF" Member

I agree OP, terrible customer service. He should have said, excuse me why I find out. You are correct, should not answer unless certain. He could have also taken your number and called RSC direct on your behalf. But I agree with some other posters, dead end job, and probably doesn't care. Sigh...

I don't get my hopes up that I will get a correct answer from any associate, and like to do my own homework. Shouldn't have to be this way but sort of is at the moment, but not just with watches.
Doood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2022, 10:53 AM   #24
Fjweld
"TRF" Member

So I went to Razny in Addison and they did tell me that Rolex is only doing dial swaps on watches out of warranty and watches that come in for a full service. Razny has been in business for 60 years and this is coming from Stan himself as well as the certified Rolex tech that they have on site.
Old 6 May 2022, 10:54 AM   #25
Fjweld
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by uscmatt99 View Post
Swing by Razny's, they were great to work with for me recently. No purchase history, they turned around my Explorer pretty quick and I tried on some display only pieces and chatted it up with one of the SA's. I believe they have an in-house Rolex certified watchmaker, though I'm not sure which site they work out of day to day.
I went there on Monday and got the true story. They are great my family and I have been shopping there since Stan’s father had a small store in the shopping center.
Old 6 May 2022, 10:55 AM   #26
Fjweld
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyster Al View Post
To make the story more sickening, i hear CD is building a megastore in the same mall with Rolex’s backing. The smaller family AD’s have to tow the line or they get axed. But an AD with a few stores in the right areas can get away with murder with Rolex.

That is DISGUSTING!
Old 6 May 2022, 10:56 AM   #27
Fjweld
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiboy View Post
+1

I haven't had the greatest experience with them, although I haven't bothered to stop in the last several years. But they certainly had some well documented bad behavior there that I would have expected would result in the loss of their dealership. Last I knew they sold Patek too, surprisingly enough.
I usually only stop in there to kill time while my wife shops. They do have Patek there
Old 6 May 2022, 03:14 PM   #28
JediRolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060
Quote:
I usually only stop in there to kill time while my wife shops. They do have Patek there
Lol I do the same thing at the same AD! I live about 5 mins from Oak Brook Center. Is that Petrus in your pic? Let’s pull a cork sometime

I remember when CD had just about every SS sports model in their case around 2010.

In the past year it feels like a waste of calories even talking with the staff.
JediRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2022, 10:09 PM   #29
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediRolex View Post
Lol I do the same thing at the same AD! I live about 5 mins from Oak Brook Center. Is that Petrus in your pic? Let’s pull a cork sometime

I remember when CD had just about every SS sports model in their case around 2010.

In the past year it feels like a waste of calories even talking with the staff.
I still remember when CD had every stainless model possible... in all 300 square ft of showroom in the Nordstrom mall on Michigan Ave .

The guy who works the Rolex showroom on the weekends at Old Orchard is always nice to talk watches with, though. Younger guy, who wears a great vintage GMT TT.
Old 6 May 2022, 10:32 PM   #30
dannyp
Banned

Quote:
So I went to Razny in Addison and they did tell me that Rolex is only doing dial swaps on watches out of warranty and watches that come in for a full service. Razny has been in business for 60 years and this is coming from Stan himself as well as the certified Rolex tech that they have on site.
I didn't realize that the out-of-warranty was policy, but I now do recall reading here before that they only do dial swaps in conjunction with normal service.

Previously, I'm guessing that the "out-of-warranty" was sort of implied, but perhaps it's become policy as a way to prevent people from just paying for a service they don't need in order to get a "hot" dial color and flip the watch for a large profit.