The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 9 November 2023, 10:56 AM   #1
Jefferyasher
"TRF" Member

AD as Authorized Service Center Vs. RSC Dallas/NY

So I have been on the fence about getting my 14060m serviced by my local AD, who is listed as a RSC, vs. sending it to Dallas or New York RSC. Any thoughts or experiences from an AD RSC vs Rolex Service Center? Does an AD RSC have the same equipment? Sterile environment? I am in Cincinnati, OH and am considering using Richter & Phillips.

Any thoughts/concerns are appreciated.
Jefferyasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2023, 12:21 PM   #2
Easy E
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Can’t speak about your particular AD, but the AD I use has an in house watchmaker that I would 100% let service my watch. I trust the guy, but that is guy specific. For him to maintain the Rolex service status they have to buy all the same tech goodies that the RSC has. Just a guess, but your AD will likely be a few bucks cheaper and a few days faster.
Easy E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 November 2023, 10:23 PM   #3
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
I would assume that the local RSC through your AD will provide the same service as RSC Dallas. I would also assume it will be quicker and more direct.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2023, 01:54 AM   #4
NeedHelp
"TRF" Member

It has been roughly a year since I had this same decision to make. I had a warranty issue and chose my local AD who was also and authorized service center. My local service center waited months for a new mainspring. Not sure if it would have been faster to send to Dallas or NY but cant help but think so in that case. My local service center did outstanding work it just took much longer than expected.
NeedHelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2023, 02:06 AM   #5
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferyasher View Post
So I have been on the fence about getting my 14060m serviced by my local AD, who is listed as a RSC, vs. sending it to Dallas or New York RSC. Any thoughts or experiences from an AD RSC vs Rolex Service Center? Does an AD RSC have the same equipment? Sterile environment? I am in Cincinnati, OH and am considering using Richter & Phillips.

Any thoughts/concerns are appreciated.
Its a service on a watch and not major open heart surgery, and most all AD watchmakers have the same tools and parts as any RSC. Only a few Rolex watches are RSC service only, but watches like the 14060M no problem.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2023, 02:14 AM   #6
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
I'd send it to RSC. Too many stories of local AD introducing dust/hair under the crystal, a new scratch, a mangled screw....
amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2023, 02:24 AM   #7
joli160
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Yachtmaster
AD was nothing but a disaster for me. Rolex owned RSC only
Old 10 November 2023, 02:26 AM   #8
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
To be an authorized AD Service Center the shop needs to meet Rolex requirements for tools, training, and adherence to Rolex practices.

An advantage is that you actually get a watchmaker working on your watch individually and you can talk to them, as well as tailor your timeline if need be. They both will give the 2 year Rolex warranty.
Old 10 November 2023, 04:25 AM   #9
JasoninDenver
2024 Pledge Member

My AD, Williams Jewelers in Denver, is fantastic. I have had two 10 year services done just this year and each one was a four week turnaround. The quality of the work is the exact same as my experience through RSC Dallas. Last time I checked, people here were reporting an 8-12 week time for Dallas.

116610 LN
DateJust
Pelagos FXD
JasoninDenver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2023, 04:29 AM   #10
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tools View Post
To be an authorized AD Service Center the shop needs to meet Rolex requirements for tools, training, and adherence to Rolex practices.

An advantage is that you actually get a watchmaker working on your watch individually and you can talk to them, as well as tailor your timeline if need be. They both will give the 2 year Rolex warranty.
Exactly.

Know what and who you’re dealing with. My AD now has a Rolex service center, but I still prefer to use RSC. I’m lucky in that they are located in the same city
brandrea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2023, 04:44 AM   #11
Majin Buu
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust now
RSC Dallas was a great experience!
If I ever need another watch serviced
they will be my choice !

J
Majin Buu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2023, 04:59 AM   #12
rushca01
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLRO
I used the Rolex authorized service center at the AD. I was able to drop it off in person, make sure they honored my request not to polish it etc..and received the same 2 year warranty.
rushca01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 November 2023, 10:29 AM   #13
Jefferyasher
"TRF" Member

Just to clarify, my AD is listed as a RSC on the Rolex Website. I know it is just a watch, but this watch has sentimental value and I want to make sure I don't end of with a mangled watch and have to jump through hoops like some OP's here on this forum to get a resolution.

Thanks for sharing your experiences!
Jefferyasher is offline   Reply With Quote