The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 October 2016, 09:25 PM   #31
Mick P
Banned

Watch: 39mm Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56 View Post
Then sir you must have a watch in 10 million.
Yes my watch is one in 10 million which makes it very very very very rare, in fact if it is only one in 10 million and hence mega valuable. I am prepared to sell it for a mere £10m.

Any takers ?

Regards

Mick - Hard up pensioner who could do with£10m.
Mick P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2017, 11:23 AM   #32
ikirk
"TRF" Member

Watch: SubC 114060
My subC no date - purchased New from AD c7 months ago. Love the watch but annoys me that it is not as accurate as some of the others listed here. I track it regularly in an app and it is consistently 2.6-2.9 seconds slow per day.

Would you suggest regulation? And if so how would I go about requesting it? How long would I be without the watch for?

Thanks.
ikirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2017, 01:49 PM   #33
kauffee
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610LN, 116500LN
My 116610 bought 2 months ago gained about 5 seconds in the first 2 weeks. Since then, it hasn't gained or lost anything. I place it crown down at night and that seems to mitigate the fraction of a second it gains during the day. Pretty amazing.
kauffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2017, 04:02 PM   #34
Bill_H
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD4K
I set my 116600 (I know, not quite a Sub) to an atomic clock on Dec 1 and it is currently running 2 seconds slow. Not -2 per day; -2 after a month and 20 days! I've placed it dial-up at night if it is running slow and crown up if it is fast. I check it pretty regularly and it never got more than 3 sec off during that time period.
Bill_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2017, 04:15 PM   #35
Bigsykedaddy
"TRF" Member

Watch: LVc | SubC
Nice! My 116610ln that I had before I had to send back for a foreign matter in the crystal gained +0.3 seconds in 5 days. It was scary accurate. I hope the next one I get is at least within COSC and I will be happy.
Bigsykedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2017, 04:34 PM   #36
peterskinner
"TRF" Member

It is not just Subs, it is Rolex watches that are very accurate. Rolex are surely the best in the business for precision. Mind you, I don't bother to check these days, since I realised my Grand Seiko spring-drive was more precise over a month than a good Rolex over a day. Different technology but it reminded me that we love mechanical devices for other reasons than simple timekeeping.
So for me, a Rolex is prized for all-round excellence. Which includes mechanical excellence of course. But I am still not going to time mine. I trust it.
peterskinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2017, 04:45 PM   #37
Punchthefatkid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad M View Post
Picked up a new 114060 on October 18th, synchronized it with "time.gov" and it's stayed at +1 second overall.

I wear it 23hrs 45min per day as I ONLY remove it shower (don't want soap build up)

My daily wear habits must help regulate it to stay so accurate.

I've owned a handful of Subs before and this is by far the most consistently accurate one I've owned.

soap build up would be preferable to dead skin cells and other disgusting crud that will build up over time if you wear it virtually 24/7 as you state.. gross!
Punchthefatkid is offline   Reply With Quote