The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 24 August 2008, 09:16 AM   #1
stevemulholland3
Banned

Watch: 1680 18k sub
bought 6538 from rich(some pair)

the deal was a very pleasant experience-I was a little nervous travelling all that way with so much cash on me-but rich took excellent care of me-had a hotel room waiting for me and told me all the best places to do some shopping around his town.
I cant wait until he gets his next 6538 so we can do it again!!
cheers my friend,
steve mulholland
stevemulholland3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2008, 04:09 PM   #2
Some Pair

Watch: The Rollie's.....
Icon12 No problems here folks.Deal w/confidence. Deal w/Steve. Sleep good at night.

I got to tell you esteemed members. Not for any other reason, but I'd like to reach out to anyone looking for a little help about this thing of ours.
The appreciation of things valued. Of things that make us happy. All the while wearing the investment so to speak, and getting that investment back for the most part when you need it. The ROLEX thing.

I originally had sought a Tube/Crown for my 6538 on ebay, etc. Most of my serveral requests were only answered in We do or don't have the parts,along with "How Much Do I want for my watch". It got me thinking, I had it for 20 years. Do I want to keep a "museum piece" or do I want a "daily driver".
Well then I read posts on this Forum for quite awhile before joining.
Many, many posts.
I sought out "a way to go" with my Rolex. On whether to repair and keep or sell it, and at first contaced just three members here who responded to my query in a timely fashion.

When Steve reponded, after the initial greeting. I then emailed him that I'd rather sell it than restore it. Get something else maybe. He said he thought he had somebody for it, and would get back with me soon.
Along with Steve Mulholland, three other straight shooters I sought out and found (off site), also stepped up with sound offers and advice immediatly, without any lowballing or funny business.
Steve got back to me, and he made a real offer as well. Just that it was thousands higher right off the bat. Steve wasn't wishy washy about it at all, and told me straight away that he was working for another overseas gentleman.
We went back and forth a bit over the phone & email almost two weeks when time permitted, and made an appointment to meet. He traveled many hours as promised, and with all the right stuff. Just as important, he came with the right amount of funds and didn't beat me up and try to change the price. "My watch was either what I said, or it wasn't." At the close of the deal, he said I had described my '58 model 6538 4-line very well.

Steve Mullholland "Said What He Did, and Did What He Said". and I'm pleased to have done this personal deal with you Steve. Remember to use the "Don't say No" handshake...lol. But you are now a great contact & a new friend. I couldn't resist his very fairly priced Bluesey he brought with him. Worth what I paid. (His first price quoted over a week and a half ago was checked into by me with the other straight shooters mentioned. The watch is excellent and was as described. Perfect for my daily driver, and my wife likes it too!
I will look forward to another "Rollie" addition soon.
Ahh, "Rolex, It's not a watch, it's a lifestyle (like a select few other mechanical devices)....lol

Thank you again Steve. You have the "right stuff" and passion for what you do.
Your demeanor is one that most people will not want to take advantage of, and you have a great family thing going on as well there also. It was a pleasure meeting them, you, and I look forward to your next trip here.
Like I said, "No problems here folks. Deal with confidence, Deal with Steve. Sleep good at night."
Rich
Some Pair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2008, 08:35 PM   #3
stevemulholland3
Banned

thats was a very kind assessment rich,it actually gave me goose bumps of pride over a deal well done.
cheers my friend,
steve m.
Old 3 December 2008, 12:23 PM   #4
Beaumont Miller II
"TRF" Member

Steve, I am new to this forum. I have been on other forums for a while. From what I have read, everyone that knows you or has done business with you feels that you are honest and fair. Next time I need (want) to add another rolex to my collection I plan to have you source the watch for me and any money you make on the transaction will be well spent on my part, peace of mind. Presently I need to pay off my DRSD and my new Daytona. Thanks for being a friend to all the members.
Beaumont Miller II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 December 2008, 12:12 PM   #5
stevemulholland3
Banned

well I try to be the kind of person I would want to have as a friend and colleague..
and I would enjoy finding a watch for you...many thanks,
steve