The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 16 December 2016, 11:22 PM   #31
dysondiver
"TRF" Member

Watch: my fins
nice to see a sensible out come from the post ,,,
dysondiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2016, 01:09 AM   #32
drgoro
"TRF" Member

Wait ...hold up. A member of the forum rightfully pointed out something wrong w a seller's post and guys here attack the OP? Unreal.. The seller admitted the OP was right, Yes the seller corrected the mistake, but let's not allow sellers to get too complacent. A trusted seller is only as trusted as his last deal, trust but verify.
drgoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2016, 01:32 AM   #33
Dutch85
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgoro View Post
Wait ...hold up. A member of the forum rightfully pointed out something wrong w a seller's post and guys here attack the OP? Unreal.. The seller admitted the OP was right, Yes the seller corrected the mistake, but let's not allow sellers to get too complacent. A trusted seller is only as trusted as his last deal, trust but verify.
Thanks mate. If the pope had posted the same sales thread I would have also questioned it. On ebay there are a lots of so called trusted sellers that have been caught selling fake parts. So I Always feel trust is good, verification is better!

But I will not comment again, don't want to be burned again by members who claim to know everything better because I only have 16 posts.
Dutch85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2016, 01:50 AM   #34
drgoro
"TRF" Member

I've been there; when I just joined the forums, I bought a piece in different than advertised condition from a trusted seller (who has since been very quiet), made a post about it and got pretty much the same response. The good info, cool guys and ability to guilt free flaunt our watches, keeps it interesting. No need to be apprehensive, just keep contributing and enjoy! It is a great place for our hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch85 View Post
Thanks mate. If the pope had posted the same sales thread I would have also questioned it. On ebay there are a lots of so called trusted sellers that have been caught selling fake parts. So I Always feel trust is good, verification is better!

But I will not comment again, don't want to be burned again by members who claim to know everything better because I only have 16 posts.
drgoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2016, 01:02 PM   #35
Tony64
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgoro View Post
Agree completely. Unwarranted attack against the OP, when a "thanks for looking out for us" would have been more appropriate. Mob mentality against a newbie.

I thought there were rules against stock photos anyway.
Tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2016, 07:50 AM   #36
pain888
"TRF" Member

thanks for looking out for us !

"LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST"
pain888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2016, 08:02 AM   #37
Tmac478
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Skydweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch85 View Post
I find it confusing he is selling a GMT from 2009 serial V7xxx and it comes with a transport box, picture of a gmt in a transportbox, picture of the Rolex site and the other pictures were unclear pictures of fake.
Based on that the watch is sold??? And now see a picture of a gen GMT from 2011ish with warrantycard different serial number nice box everything.
So basically the whole sale thread was wrong not only the pictures but also the description???.
He does make some good points. Very confusing....
Tmac478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2016, 10:02 PM   #38
Dutch85
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony64 View Post
Agree completely. Unwarranted attack against the OP, when a "thanks for looking out for us" would have been more appropriate. Mob mentality against a newbie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pain888 View Post
thanks for looking out for us !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmac478 View Post
Thanks, only did it with my best intentions.
Dutch85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2016, 06:19 PM   #39
artschool
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony64 View Post

Quote:
why would a trusted seller have a fake watch in his possession to be able to take pictures of it?
artschool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2016, 03:44 AM   #40
Tmac478
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Skydweller
Quote:
Originally Posted by artschool View Post
why would a trusted seller have a fake watch in his possession to be able to take pictures of it?
To do a "comparison test" lol.
Something very fishy going on.....
Tmac478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2016, 06:59 AM   #41
artschool
"TRF" Member

Quote:
To do a "comparison test" lol.
if my wife ever catches me in bed with my secretary, thats going to be my excuse.
Old 22 December 2016, 07:06 AM   #42
MonBK
Banned

I hope Anastasios will come on and put this to rest.
MonBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2016, 07:09 AM   #43
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Watch: YMII,GMTII,DAYTONA
Quote:
if my wife ever catches me in bed with my secretary, thats going to be my excuse.

Depends on who comes out "on top".
Old 22 December 2016, 07:23 AM   #44
Swiss_Time_Watches
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
If your buying and selling watches it would be a very good idea to familiarise ones self with the high quality fakes on the market and to make comparisons with the real thing. I don't know the guy but this would make sense to me.
Swiss_Time_Watches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2016, 07:28 AM   #45
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaetano_alfano View Post
If your buying and selling watches it would be a very good idea to familiarise ones self with the high quality fakes on the market and to make comparisons with the real thing. I don't know the guy but this would make sense to me.
Possible correct, I know I do.
What is strange that I privately reported the anomalies some 3 days prior, and it appeared no action was taken

The good news, and in the sellers favor is that NO fake watch was sold or shipped.
So an error in photos, but not in intention.

I think therefore his reputation should be kept and not constantly challenged.

Just my opinion
Seems people want a with hunt- not my style. Let's move on and catch "true" fakers
Adam
Old 23 December 2016, 03:38 AM   #46
Tony64
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLADIATOR View Post
Possible correct, I know I do.
What is strange that I privately reported the anomalies some 3 days prior, and it appeared no action was taken

The good news, and in the sellers favor is that NO fake watch was sold or shipped.
So an error in photos, but not in intention.

I think therefore his reputation should be kept and not constantly challenged.

Just my opinion
Seems people want a with hunt- not my style. Let's move on and catch "true" fakers
Adam
I don't want to be argumentative, and please don't be offended by the following comments, that's not how they're intended. You've been on this forum longer than most, and your posts provide a valuable service for the welfare of fellow members. You've saved many a needless financial heartache by identifying fakes and scams. I and others on this forum owe you gratitude.

Here's what I'm having a hard time with, and perhaps others as well, and I'll try to address each point in your above post specifically.

1)You (privately) reported the issue, I presume to the seller, and nothing was done.

2)How are you certain that no fake watch was sold or shipped? Have you verified with the buyer? If that's the case than disregard the reminder of this post.

3)You believe this an error in photos but not in intention. I presume this is from personal communication with the seller regarding his intention, but the fact remains that the seller used photos of a fake watch, and also apparently stock photos, both of which are prohibited actions - as I understand this forum's rules of selling.

4)fwiw, I also know of this seller's excellent past reputation, but would you still view this a "witch hunt" if the identical circumstances were of a seller with 3 posts and a less established history?

I doubt anyone wants a witch hunt, and I'm certain we can all agree that seeing someone attacked unfairly is unacceptable. I can understand your desire to give the benefit of the doubt to an established seller, but that shouldn't negate another forum member's justified skepticism to simply give him a pass. The facts as they've been presented in this thread seem murky at best.

TL/DR summary: a stellar reputation takes years to earn and moments to lose.
Even good sellers go bad; let's not let our guard down when things look odd, regardless the seller.

Tony64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2016, 04:00 AM   #47
GLADIATOR
"TRF" Member

Please let me respond below you in red.

I don't want to be argumentative, and please don't be offended by the following comments, that's not how they're intended. You've been on this forum longer than most, and your posts provide a valuable service for the welfare of fellow members. You've saved many a needless financial heartache by identifying fakes and scams. I and others on this forum owe you gratitude.
I am a NOVICE on these forums, and I am far less experienced than many, many others - that is the truth.
I am not so "respected" (yet) on these forums

Here's what I'm having a hard time with, and perhaps others as well, and I'll try to address each point in your above post specifically.

1)You (privately) reported the issue, I presume to the seller, and nothing was done.
I reported it to the moderators NOT the seller.
I checked each day, by the third day the "counterfeit photos were removed.

2)How are you certain that no fake watch was sold or shipped? Have you verified with the buyer? If that's the case than disregard the reminder of this post.
I am certain, because the seller showed proof on this thread, and I am sure the buyer would have complained if he had been cheated.

3)You believe this an error in photos but not in intention. I presume this is from personal communication with the seller regarding his intention, but the fact remains that the seller used photos of a fake watch, and also apparently stock photos, both of which are prohibited actions - as I understand this forum's rules of selling.
I have had NO direct communication with seller or buyer.
I take the information as presented by the seller on this thread EXACTLY same way, as I make assumptions on "watchout" based on photos of items.
The original photos were fake. I got NO understanding how anyone could make that error if they have the legitimate watch in front of them for sale.
BUT I am sure the buyer got a legitimate watch.
And I am sure the seller acted in the end to ensure all was kosher.

4)fwiw, I also know of this seller's excellent past reputation, but would you still view this a "witch hunt" if the identical circumstances were of a seller with 3 posts and a less established history?
Yes, I treat all counterfeit in this same way. I have no favorites, nor do I support "witch-Hunts".
What you see with me is what you get

I doubt anyone wants a witch hunt, and I'm certain we can all agree that seeing someone attacked unfairly is unacceptable. I can understand your desire to give the benefit of the doubt to an established seller, but that shouldn't negate another forum member's justified skepticism to simply give him a pass. The facts as they've been presented in this thread seem murky at best.
You have to make your own decision. Me? I saw what seemed like a counterfeit piece for sale!
I acted professionally by reporting privately to the MODS.
Thereafter, based on this thread I move on.
I am a NEWBIE her and I act in such a way

TL/DR summary: a stellar reputation takes years to earn and moments to lose.
Even good sellers go bad; let's not let our guard down when things look odd, regardless the seller.

Look, I try ONLY to do my honest best. I report and follow up more fakes than most.
I have been treated to "witch-hunt" here and on other forums.
I just want to fight counterfeits, I am NOT interested in forum politics.
Sorry if that offends others.
I am not and WILL NOT claim the seller in this case - no one was cheated!

Adam
Old 23 December 2016, 04:59 AM   #48
Newrolex1234
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluside View Post
Dutch85 did the right thing. The seller also did the right thing and explained what happened. Good on both of you.
Agreed, Dutch85 appreciate you looking out for the members. For those putting him down for what he did, I think it is wrong as we should all be looking out for each other. You never know if an account is hacked or the seller may have not known something is fake. Human error exist, you may need a second opinion.
Newrolex1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2016, 05:08 AM   #49
bdex75
"TRF" Member

Watch: my money vanish
Quote:

Valid question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdex75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2016, 08:43 AM   #50
Fjweld
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16570, 1601,
I still don't understand why the mods did not respond to Gladiators DM or any of the responses here
Fjweld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2016, 09:14 AM   #51
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Read all the posts on this thread. And yes, "trusted" sellers can definitely go bad. One name that comes to mind, Steve Mulholland( read the sticky) http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=309059. Read all the posts on this thread. Not familiar with the TS as I have never conducted a transaction with him. However, it does make you wonder why will you need to post pics and "study" a fake watch?
Old 23 December 2016, 10:14 AM   #52
artschool
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al1969 View Post
Read all the posts on this thread. And yes, "trusted" sellers can definitely go bad. One name that comes to mind, Steve Mulholland( read the sticky) http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=309059. Read all the posts on this thread. Not familiar with the TS as I have never conducted a transaction with him. However, it does make you wonder why will you need to post pics and "study" a fake watch?
gosh that is scary.
Old 23 December 2016, 10:54 AM   #53
Etschell
"TRF" Member

Watch: platinum sub
No offense but anyone selling rolex at this level as a trusted seller shouldn't need a fake to tell if his watch is real. Now it could be to supplement income he puts out real to fake comparisons on youtube or something. Still possessing fakes for that purpose doesn't seem like a good idea especially if one is running a rolex reselling business.

Just my two cents.

25 or 6 to 4.
Etschell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2016, 02:43 PM   #54
Al1969
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etschell View Post
No offense but anyone selling rolex at this level as a trusted seller shouldn't need a fake to tell if his watch is real. Now it could be to supplement income he puts out real to fake comparisons on youtube or something. Still possessing fakes for that purpose doesn't seem like a good idea especially if one is running a rolex reselling business.

Just my two cents.
X2. Plus posting pics in a FS ad of a fake watch.
Old 23 December 2016, 04:47 PM   #55
Frakis
2024 Pledge Member

I commend you Dutch. Thank you for looking out for our well-being. You simply made an observation, and took the time to warn all of us. Thank you!
Old 23 December 2016, 04:56 PM   #56
michael067
Banned

Watch: TT DJ 16233
Wow
michael067 is offline   Reply With Quote