The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 20 January 2017, 11:23 PM   #1
jscom
"TRF" Member

Easylink for 114200?

I intend to purchase a new OP 114200 from my AD. I choose this one for its 34mm size and for its brushed, non-polished SS finish. However it only comes with the simple Oysterclasp.

Now my question is whether there is a legitimate way to add the convenience of the Easylink functionality to this particular watch.

I asked my AD, he said probably not but he was not quite sure, hence my question to you.

Thanks for your help!
jscom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2017, 12:08 AM   #2
japenney
"TRF" Member

Watch: undecided
It is not possible. You will have to wear the watch a tiny bit loose if your wrist is prone to changing size during the day. Only the more expensive models have easy link. That is why they are more expensive.
japenney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2017, 01:31 AM   #3
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
I would think if you could find a clasp for sale you can switch them out Probably a tough and fairly expensive task though...
Old 21 January 2017, 02:00 AM   #4
jscom
"TRF" Member

All right, this is clear, many thanks for the clarification.
Old 21 January 2017, 02:06 AM   #5
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjclark32 View Post
I would think if you could find a clasp for sale you can switch them out Probably a tough and fairly expensive task though...
Agree with this answer. I see easy links pop up from time to time in the watch accessories sub-forum, so you may be able to source a nice pre-owned one for a decent price there.

Good luck,
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2017, 02:44 AM   #6
jscom
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjclark32 View Post
I would think if you could find a clasp for sale you can switch them out
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchwatcher View Post
I see easy links pop up from time to time in the watch accessories sub-forum, so you may be able to source a nice pre-owned one for a decent price there.
Interesting, thanks for sharing these thoughts.

As I am a complete newbie in these technicalities, may I ask whether I should look for a specific Easylink model to suit the standard bracelet of my (soon to be) 114200? Or would any Easylink fit?

Thanks again!
Old 21 January 2017, 05:43 AM   #7
Alpino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscom View Post
Interesting, thanks for sharing these thoughts.

As I am a complete newbie in these technicalities, may I ask whether I should look for a specific Easylink model to suit the standard bracelet of my (soon to be) 114200? Or would any Easylink fit?

Thanks again!

Easylink exists in 3 size , one for OPDate/DJ/MG/Gmt/Daytona/Explorer/Explo2... , one for 31mm ladies watches and one for 26mm ladies watches and.

They are OK respectively for a 16mm / 13mm / 11mm clasp.

You need the 1st one for your 114200, with its 19/16 70190 bracelet.

Then if you like invisble details, you have choice between polished (32-23043) used for OPDate/DJ/MG/Gmt2/Daytona... and brushed (32-20193) for Expo/ExploII
Alpino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2017, 07:23 AM   #8
watchwatcher
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yes
^^Great information, Alpino! (As usual)
watchwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2017, 07:27 AM   #9
mjclark32
"TRF" Member

Watch: IWC, Rolex, AP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpino View Post
Easylink exists in 3 size , one for OPDate/DJ/MG/Gmt/Daytona/Explorer/Explo2... , one for 31mm ladies watches and one for 26mm ladies watches and.

Then if you like invisble details, you have choice between polished (32-23043) used for OPDate/DJ/MG/Gmt2/Daytona... and brushed (32-20193) for Expo/ExploII
Not all heros wear capes
Old 21 January 2017, 07:33 AM   #10
jscom
"TRF" Member

Many thanks Alpino, this is great information and much appreciated.
This forum and its members are fantastic, I am glad I joined eventually!
Old 21 January 2017, 10:27 AM   #11
EDL7
"TRF" Member

Cant you just order the correct part thru a Rolex dealer?
EDL7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2017, 01:29 PM   #12
Duey
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many To List
Alpino is The MAN !!

I added an Easylink and a 1/2 link to my wife's 116000 to give it a perfect fit.
(With a little help from Alpino too)
Duey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2017, 05:59 PM   #13
jscom
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDL7 View Post
Cant you just order the correct part thru a Rolex dealer?
Good point, thanks.

Although my understanding (which is still limited as I am new here) is that Rolex will only provide parts that correspond to the exact original specification of the watch: is this how it does work in reality, or is there a way to get this part separately? Definitely worth asking my AD.

Again, great resources here, many thanks to all of you!
Old 21 January 2017, 06:39 PM   #14
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Quote:
Good point, thanks.

Although my understanding (which is still limited as I am new here) is that Rolex will only provide parts that correspond to the exact original specification of the watch: is this how it does work in reality, or is there a way to get this part separately? Definitely worth asking my AD.

It all varies based on part but for a clasp I'm sure that anyone with a parts account could order either the clasp or the complete bracelet!

I wanted a couple of glidelock clasps but the AD couldn't get them they however could get the complete bracelet.
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2017, 06:54 PM   #15
Alpino
"TRF" Member

No Rolex complete bracelet would fit correctly the 114200. With 19mm between lugs , the only one that would have easylink is 72190 , OP Date bracelet. But this bracelet have center links polished, and that won't be nice with brushed case of 114200.

OP doesn't need to order a clasp, but only the easylink (with the ref# I gave in my previous post). I think an AD will accept to order this link. The best is to ask him.
Old 21 January 2017, 07:05 PM   #16
SC11
Banned

Watch: AP ☠️
Quote:

No Rolex complete bracelet would fit correctly the 114200. With 19mm between lugs , the only one that would have easylink is 72190 , OP Date bracelet. But this bracelet have center links polished, and that won't be nice with brushed case of 114200.

OP doesn't need to order a clasp, but only the easylink (with the ref# I gave in my previous post). I think an AD will accept to order this link. The best is to ask him.
Top info as always mate

I wasn't aware the easylink could be retrofitted to the clasp, everyday on here's a learning day

To add I wasn't suggesting OP ordered the bracelet to fit I was saying I found it easy to obtain the clasp I wanted via ordering the complete bracelet rather then trying to source the clasp on its own, plus I sold off the endlinks and links which resulted in a cost far cheaper then I've seen any glidelocks go for sale used on here for.
SC11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2017, 11:21 PM   #17
jscom
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Alpino, just a last question if I may: would it also be possible to retro-fit an Easylink to a 2009 Explorer 36mm ref. 114270 with brushed SS finish?

Which exact Easylink reference would I need?

Or would I need a complete clasp or even a complete bracelet, and then again which exact reference?

Many thanks again, your help is very much appreciated!
Old 22 January 2017, 12:45 AM   #18
Alpino
"TRF" Member

114270 uses old generation bracelet, 78690. I am unsure if easylink can be installed on that bracelet.

When you get one for your 114200, try it on your explorer. If it's OK buy another one ...

You can also install the new generation explorer bracelet 77200, but the cost would be prohibitive (IMO) ...
Old 22 January 2017, 01:44 AM   #19
jscom
"TRF" Member

Quote:
114270 uses old generation bracelet, 78690. (...)

You can also install the new generation explorer bracelet 77200
Do mean the bracelet of the 214270 Explorer 39mm?

Nice, I did not expect one could replace the 78690 bracelet with a 77200 on a 114270, as 114270 and 214270 are such different watches.

This is good to know (although as you said probably quite costly for the benefit). Many thank for this precise information again, much appreciated!
Old 22 January 2017, 02:22 AM   #20
MovieGuy
"TRF" Member

Interestingly enough Rolex will usually allow you to order an entire bracelet from them without any issues but if you simply want a clasp they almost always require you to send the old clasp in as an exchange
MovieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2017, 07:36 AM   #21
EDL7
"TRF" Member

Just asked my ad to order an easylink clasp...they wanted the original for a trade in for Rolex to do this..
imo..this isn't right..you should be able to upgrade your watch anytime you want..
Old 22 January 2017, 07:45 AM   #22
mtgjr
Banned

Watch: Pepsi GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDL7 View Post
Just asked my ad to order an easylink clasp...they wanted the original for a trade in for Rolex to do this..
imo..this isn't right..you should be able to upgrade your watch anytime you want..
You saying it isn't right isn't going to cause Rolex to change its policy. Many parts are on an exchange only basis, as they don't want people building frakenrolexes.
mtgjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2017, 07:46 AM   #23
Alpino
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Second time : there's no need to order a clasp, only the easylink ...
Old 22 January 2017, 07:51 AM   #24
Paddington
"TRF" Member

Alpino, as you seem to be an expert; may I ask which easylink I'd need for my 114300?
Paddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2017, 07:55 AM   #25
Alpino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
Alpino, as you seem to be an expert; may I ask which easylink I'd need for my 114300?
The same as for the 114200 (see my 1st post). As long as the bracelet is 19/16 or 20/16 or 21/16 you can share the easylink (the important thing is the "16", the size of the clasp).
Old 22 January 2017, 07:56 AM   #26
jscom
"TRF" Member

As far as getting Easylink on a 114270 is concerned, I just read this:

http://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=470459

Interestingly, one of the posts says:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fskywalker View Post
The 77200 bracelet (easylink) from the Explorer 214270 will not fit the 114270 as the lug hole positions are different, but you could put an easylink clasp assembly on an 114270 explorer (I tried that; below easylink clasp assembly from 214270 on 114270 on left, regular clasp from 114270 on 214270 on center, glydelock on 16610 sub on right)

Here the 77200 easylink clasp on my 114270 explorer:

Both clasps side by side (easylink on right):

So do I understand well that in order to get the Easylink functionality on my 114270 the best option would be to get a complete Easylink clasp and to fit it on the original 78690 bracelet?

What is the exact reference of such clasp? Is the reference 32-20193 that Alpino mentioned above for the Easylink only or for the full clasp? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am learning.

Many thanks again!
Old 22 January 2017, 07:58 AM   #27
Paddington
"TRF" Member

Thank you!
Paddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 January 2017, 08:22 AM   #28
EDL7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Second time : there's no need to order a clasp, only the easylink ...
AH HA!!! I finally got it!
Thx a million Alpino!! Great advice!
Old 22 January 2017, 06:13 PM   #29
Alpino
"TRF" Member

Quote:
What is the exact reference of such clasp? Is the reference 32-20193 that Alpino mentioned above for the Easylink only or for the full clasp? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am learning.

Many thanks again!
here it is.

The clasp doesn't include the easylink. There's no "easylink clasp" as i read in a previous post, only "clasp" and "easylink". You need to order both parts if you want to change the clasp.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (17.2 KB, 1021 views)
Old 22 January 2017, 06:21 PM   #30
Bigsykedaddy
"TRF" Member

Watch: LVc | SubC
Quote:
Good point, thanks.

I believe this is how it works, but as others mentioned if you find someone with a Rolex parts account they may be able to source one for you.

Also I know a member on these forums ordered a super jubilee bracelet for his BLNR from DavidSW, so you might want to contact some of the trusted sellers here and see if they can find one for you.

If all else fails and you can't find one from the aforementioned ways you could always ask a member who has the specific watch you need a part from and see if they'll order one for you if you give them the money.

Good luck, I hope you get it worked out
Bigsykedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote