The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 26 September 2012, 07:37 AM   #91
Brushpup
"TRF" Member

Watch: what I'm wearing
Congrats on the return! Now go jump in and test it out.

PClub # 10
The safest place for your watch is on your wrist.
Brushpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2012, 07:40 AM   #92
handsfull
"TRF" Member

Watch: youlookinat?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER_X View Post
i would dunk it in water ASAP
With a video camera running as a witness.

I would be HIGHLY inclined to bring it to a GOOD independent watchmaker and have the movement looked over for signs of corrosion. YMMV.
handsfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2012, 07:44 AM   #93
Roller07
"TRF" Member

Watch: HulkPepsiCoke
Yep i would take it for a swim as soon as i got it
Roller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2012, 09:03 AM   #94
mrbill2mrbill2
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by handsfull View Post
With a video camera running as a witness.

I would be HIGHLY inclined to bring it to a GOOD independent watchmaker and have the movement looked over for signs of corrosion. YMMV.
What?? That would nullify the service warrantee.

Old 26 September 2012, 09:06 AM   #95
mrbill2mrbill2
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16610
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwozhog View Post
Well one month later my Sub has risen just as promised. She is back from RSC Dallas in perfect like new condition. Sorry about the bad pick from my outdated smart phone. Im still a little bummed about the whole ordeal but atleast im good for another 7 years without a Service. Im still a little hessitant about going for a dip in the pool but I would think I stand a better chance of winning the lottery than RSC Dallas mucking up my watch again. Maybee I will buy a ticket tonight just in case. I guess it could have turned out worse so in the end Im good with the final outcome. If my biggest problem in life is worrying about an overpriced hunk of metal leaking I guess im doing pretty good in life anyways.
Clark

I glad the ordeal is over and it's back on your wrist where it belongs.

Old 26 September 2012, 12:56 PM   #96
Jsan20
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushpup View Post
Good news! It wouldn't have mattered if you had your #1 A Game tactics going, there was no way they would do a whole new watch. A month really stinks, but what can you do?

Let us know when it comes in, and thanks for the update.
A new watch would not be a big deal. It would Probably cost them less than the service. They should at least refund the money for the service.
Jsan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2012, 02:19 PM   #97
MoBe
"TRF" Member

I`m beginning to wonder about Dallas,it seems they are slipping lately and the poor reports are becoming more frequent.I hope the trend turns around before it becomes a real issue.
MoBe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2012, 04:03 PM   #98
Feras
Banned

Watch: Rolex,Tag
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBe View Post
I`m beginning to wonder about Dallas,it seems they are slipping lately and the poor reports are becoming more frequent.I hope the trend turns around before it becomes a real issue.
+1
Noticed lots of bad feedback here
Feras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2012, 05:17 PM   #99
MoKa
"TRF" Member

very sorry to hear that Clark, but i'm very glad you repear it
MoKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2012, 05:52 PM   #100
A.Sharp
"TRF" Member

that is so negligent on their behalf! I would demand replacement watch... sounds like they will have to overhaul, and god knows how long you will be without your watch! Sheesh!

"I can't listen to that much Wagner, ya know? I start to get the urge to conquer Poland."
A.Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 September 2012, 07:02 PM   #101
brettpaul
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex and AP
Down with the Dallas RSC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard.howe View Post
I got a GMT-IIc back from the the Dallas RSC last year with a bent seconds hand counterbalance. I'll see if I can dig up pics. I've been hearing more and more horror stories of outright boobish service jobs at this particular RSC. Shame really.
Gents (and ladies) - I've been on this forum for over 4 years and have heard more BAD about the Dallas RSC than GOOD...IMHO, just send it somewhere...anywhere else...like Bob Ridley!

Anyway, hard to do that when it's under warranty, but just don't use the Dallas RSC.. my 2c.
brettpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2012, 01:45 AM   #102
FightOnSC!
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP. Rolex. The end
please do update us as the story unfolds...a bad precedent but it'll be interesting to see how Rolex handles something like this... you would think such a big global brand would take better care while servicing...but let's hope they take better when they make a mistake.

not that the forum can have that big of an impact on the brand, but I think it'll make a few people think twice about the brand should RSC not take responsibility properly.
FightOnSC! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2012, 02:21 AM   #103
handsfull
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard.howe View Post
That is ab-so-lute-ly ridiculous....I cannot believe I just viewed that. Excuse me while I go wash my eyes out with acid.

It is VERY CLEAR that Rolex Service Centers lack professional management or skilled watchmakers....or both. This was an error that was easy to see...CAN YOU IMAGINE WHAT YOU CAN'T SEE? After getting a watch serviced by RSC, I'd be scared to open a caseback

I think I'll stick with Rik D
Old 27 September 2012, 02:23 AM   #104
WyoWatch
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1675 GMT and Sub C
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBe View Post
I hear ya. Just got my 116610LN back from RSC Dallas for a bracelet fix (2nd time in under warranty). I noticed the bracelet came back with quite a few more marks, scuffs and scratches than it went in with. Nothing deep or horrendous but small and numerous...also one of the bracelet screws was torqued down so hard it's causing a link to stick and not pivot correctly. I decided to call Dallas and at least let them know it wasn't satisfactory that my watch came back in worse cosmetic shape than it went in.... conversation with a very snooty woman went like this (paraphrased):

Me: "I wanted to let you know that my watch came back to me with a lot more scratches and marks on the bracelet and clasp than it went in with."

Her: "Well you know it didn't go through a refinishing stage while it was here."

Me: "So it's acceptable to Rolex that there was additional damage inflicted on my watch while it was with you?"

Her: .....silence.

Me: "I don't want to send it back or anything; I'll live with it until my next service. I just wanted to voice my dissatisfaction that this expensive of watch came back worse cosmetically than it went in."

Her: "I'll be sure to tell the head of service." Click!

Not an apology, kiss my a**, nothing. What a *****.

For what we pay for these things, I expect better service than that. Rant over.
WyoWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2012, 02:34 AM   #105
handsfull
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbill2mrbill2 View Post
What?? That would nullify the service warrantee.

Only if you tell them what you did.

I think it would be safe to say that the 'trust' factor has been thrown out the window after your watch has been flooded Water hitting a movement is bad news - I still can't believe they didn't replace the movement (due to their embarrassing work performed).

Can anyone tell me which is worse? The fact that it happened, or that Rolex failed to make the customer whole?
Old 27 September 2012, 03:39 AM   #106
Vincent65
"TRF" Member

that totally blows - I hope they put it right ASAP
Vincent65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2012, 11:30 AM   #107
ingoodtime
"TRF" Member

Wow...some bad stories for sure. Not sure I want to use an RSC. I have been in contact with Rik from TRF about service for my sub.

Lee
ingoodtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2012, 12:02 PM   #108
supertrooper
"TRF" Member

Watchmakers in RSC Dallas must be overworked and underpaid to turn up such bad service more and more often than usual. Sad, just sad. Rolex SA should start taking a hard look at how to correct the situation before loyal customers start looking for other options. Not good for business when that happens.
supertrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2012, 12:03 PM   #109
Mickey®
Banned

Watch: Swiss Made
I'd want a new watch but they will be giving you a dial and a overhaul I bet...
Sorry to hear
Mickey® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2012, 12:15 PM   #110
gwozhog
"TRF" Member

Well it was a chilly 84 degrees here in Houston. I believe in celcius thats 28.8 degrees. So it was a little too chilly to go for a swim so I had to set up a Rolex waterproof test center in my kitchen using wifey's measuring cup. I dunked my sub in about 5 inches of water for 2 hours and she came out bone dry. This is definately a low point of my life when im having to double check quality control from a 4 billion dollar a year company. But hey its the old saying if you want something done right then do it yourself. I just realized too that I did not even get a call from RSC that my watch was being shipped back to me. It just showed up with post lady. So they still never told me why the watched failed or even gave me an apology. For those of you who think you are buying into a great company that cares about there customers you better think twice. I have had more of an apology from a Burger King that forgot to put an order of fries in the bag at a drive thru. I heard a Rolex comercial today and it metioned words like lifetime, quality, legacy, and my favorite quote "Swiss made" and it made me laugh.There have been 2 price increases since my purchase 18 months ago and it makes me think how big of suckers the Swiss think we all are for going gaga over there product. I now have until May until my warranty runs out and if the watch is breached again with dust or water I will simply call my Credit Card customer service number and have a refund issued through them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rolex water.jpg (20.6 KB, 148 views)
Old 27 September 2012, 12:16 PM   #111
Mickey®
Banned

Watch: Swiss Made
Quote:
Well it was a chilly 84 degrees here in Houston. I believe in celcius thats 28.8 degrees. So it was a little too chilly to go for a swim so I had to set up a Rolex waterproof test center in my kitchen using wifey's measuring cup. I dunked my sub in about 5 inches of water for 2 hours and she came out bone dry. This is definately a low point of my life when im having to double check quality control from a 4 billion dollar a year company. But hey its the old saying if you want something done right then do it yourself. I just realized too that I did not even get a call from RSC that my watch was being shipped back to me. It just showed up with post lady. So they still never told me why the watched failed or even gave me an apology. For those of you who think you are buying into a great company that cares about there customers you better think twice. I have had more of an apology from a Burger King that forgot to put an order of fries in the bag at a drive thru. I heard a Rolex comercial today and it metioned words like lifetime, quality, legacy, and my favorite quote "Swiss made" and it made me laugh.There have been 2 price increases since my purchase 18 months ago and it makes me think how big of suckers the Swiss think we all are for going gaga over there product. I now have until May until my warranty runs out and if the watch is breached again with dust or water I will simply call my Credit Card customer service number and have a refund issued through them.

Mickey® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2012, 12:27 PM   #112
supertrooper
"TRF" Member

Quote:
So they still never told me why the watched failed or even gave me an apology. For those of you who think you are buying into a great company that cares about there customers you better think twice. I have had more of an apology from a Burger King that forgot to put an order of fries in the bag at a drive thru. I heard a Rolex comercial today and it metioned words like lifetime, quality, legacy, and my favorite quote "Swiss made" and it made me laugh.There have been 2 price increases since my purchase 18 months ago and it makes me think how big of suckers the Swiss think we all are for going gaga over there product.
I feel your pain, and I tend to agree with what you wrote above. Lately, I feel that the way Rolex has been revamping its corporate practices impact very negatively on us, as lovers of the brand, and as cutomers, and the direction they are heading is one journey I'd rather not be taking with them. More and more I am thinking of veering away from RSC altogether when it comes time to service my Rolexes, but we'll see....

Hope it works out OK in the end for you, nevertheless.
supertrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2012, 01:44 PM   #113
Outrlimit
"TRF" Member

Anyone know if Beverly Hills is finished with the remodel and accepting mailed in watches?

I hate to pile on but Dallas just replaced the case on my watch because it was grossly distorted during the refinishing. I was hesitant to have it refinished as it just had faint hairlines but thought with so little touch up needed how bad could it be. Really bad I found out. To their credit Rolex followed up with me by calling and when told of the problem vigorously insisted I send it back to be corrected. I was torn over whether to send it back but did figuring I might save countless others from the tech that worked on mine. Dallas made it right with the new case but I would rather have the one it came with 14 years ago and that accumulated the memories. I don't plan to ever resell the watch so I'm less concerned about any value impact.

That said, I still love my Rolexes. Just wish their batting average was better in the service center. It shouldn't feel like a gamble.
Outrlimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2012, 10:36 PM   #114
vant1472
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex GMT2C 2TT
Sorry about your timepiece. I have a similar problem with my gmt-c tt. Took it to my AD to get a lint out, came back with a marred on the cyclop. Took it back to AD again. Not a happy camper. Hope everything goes well for both of us.
vant1472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2012, 10:40 PM   #115
toph
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Brellum,
Glad it had a happy ending
Cheers

"Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."

Member No.# 11795
toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2012, 10:58 PM   #116
TARDIS
"TRF" Member

Can't believe the shit you had to go through. What a terrible FU by people who are supposed to be trained to the highest standard.

Makes you think who the hell carried out the negligent work on your watch that caused this damage in the first place. My instincts feel it might have been subcontracted work done on the sly. It goes on in other industries, so it could happen here I hate to say.
TARDIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2012, 07:25 AM   #117
baldyspoon
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex 114060
I had issues with my Breitling after a month the crystal was coming out so it was sent back to them, when I got it back the crystal was fixed but they had scratched the bezel, case, braclet and clasp. I sent it straight back and demanded a new watch due to all the damage they had done. And guess what they agreed and said it was totally unacceptable my watch came back like that and gave me a brand new watch, so if breitling can do it why can't rolex.
baldyspoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 September 2012, 10:41 AM   #118
93 Turbo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex.Tudor.PAM
Clark, glad your watch is back. May be an idea to send a well constructed letter to Rolex SA. At this stage I am sure RSC Dallas would/will have kept the issue with your watch this in house.

A close friend has his 1655 Exp II serviced in Sydney last year, while travelling he had water integrity issues post this RSC service and had to drop the watch into RSC Hong Kong to have it corrected.

Given your watch is a current model I think it is pretty poor that you had this issue in the first place.

Anyway I think a letter to big brother would not hurt, I doubt any RSC is going to openly inform head office of their mistakes. And I believe their should have been more communication prior to you receiving the watch.
93 Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 September 2012, 01:08 PM   #119
scott k
"TRF" Member

I had a speck on the dial of my new TT Sub went to RSC Beverly Hills and they fixed it while I waited about 5 weeks ago.. 2 hrs excellent service. I would have an independent Pressure test done on your watch....
scott k is offline   Reply With Quote