The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: NON-ROLEX watches

Old 8 June 2016, 12:27 PM   #1
tvlaan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126719BLRO
FS: Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch Mitsukoshi Panda Dial Conversion

Up for sale is a really special (and quite rare) Omega Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch. This watch has had the exclusive Mitsukoshi dial and hands installed to give it a very unique look (much like the panda dialed vintage Rolex Daytonas).

The Speedmaster Mitsukoshi edition was a limited run of 300 watches that were based off of the Speedmaster Professional Moonwatch, but had a silvery dial with black subdials and polished stainless steel hands. Very few of the Mitsukoshi dials were made available to Omega parts suppliers, and they can no longer be found anywhere. The only change this watch features is the subdial hands are white instead of stainless steel - this helps with visibility, but the stainless steel subhands will be included as well (if you'd like to change them out at some point). Also, the lume on the dial and hands is really great compared to the standard Moonwatch (see picture).

THE DIAL AND HANDS USED ON THE WATCH ARE AUTHENTIC OEM OMEGA PARTS

The watch started as a brand new Omega Speedmaster Professional 311.30.42.30.01.005 - the newest version produced by Omega with the beautiful presentation box with all sorts of additional goodies. The watch was purchased new in November 2015 and the conversion was completed immediately. Unlike many of the other Mitsukoshi dialed Speedy's out there this one is essentially brand new and has the upgraded bracelet, not the old one found on the 3570.50 models.

The Specs on this watch:

Crystal
Hesalite crystal
Case
Steel
Dial
Mitsukoshi Limited - Silver with Black Subdials
Water resistance
5 bar (50 metres / 167 feet)
Size
Case Diameter: 42 mm
Movement Calibre: Omega 1861
Famous manual-winding chronograph movement that was worn on the Moon. Rhodium-plated finish.
Power reserve: 48 hours
Type: Manual-winding

The modification was performed by an Omega trained watchmaker, so everything was done professionally and the work can be trusted. There is no implied warranty with the watch, but is in perfect working condition and keeping very accurate time. Included with the watch are the original dial and the original white hour, minute and chronograph second hands. Also, i'll include the stainless steel sub dial hands in case you want to change those out later to have the exact Mitsukoshi specs.

This package will come with the following:

Outer Sleeve
Presentation Box
Cordura Briefcase Flight Box
Extra Omega black Nato Strap (unworn)
Extra Omega Velcro Strap (unworn)
Strap Changing Tool
Extra 20mm Omega Spring Bars
Omega Loupe
Hang Tag
Protective Plastics
Owner's Manual
Wallet with Pictogram card
Speedmaster History Book
Strap Changing Book
Speedmaster Stainless Steel Medallion

The watch is in nearly new condition with only minor marks on the bracelet and sides of the case - hard to notice from more than a few inches away. I would rate the watch as TZ Mint 98%. The hesalite crystal is perfect and the watch is running at +1 a day on my timegrapher.

Looking for $6000 via bank wire or pp + fees. I know this is a bit higher than some of the other Mitsukoshi conversions that have been up for sale, but they are getting harder to find and i've never seen one done on the newest version of the Speedy. I'll cover shipping via USPS Priority Registered Mail - its a like slower, but is fully insured and extremely safe for high value items.

May be interested in trades - let me know what you've got, but only automatics that are 39-42mm in case size.

I'm not sure you'll see one of the come up again any time soon as most collectors are really holding on to these special pieces - most of all ones in this condition (the latest release of the moonwatch from Omega).

Please let me know if you have any questions.

tvlaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2016, 01:28 AM   #2
tvlaan
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 126719BLRO
The watch is now SOLD.
tvlaan is offline   Reply With Quote