The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: NON-ROLEX watches

Old 21 August 2016, 05:45 PM   #1
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

FS: Fortis B-42 Pilot Professional (Flieger) Chronograph - Worldwide Shipping Include

For sale is my Fortis B-42 Pilot Professional Chronograph, originally Reference 635.10.11L.01 and marked caseback number 635.10.141.3. I say originally, because I later purchased a genuine bracelet to go with this watch - so for those more knowledgeable, the photos would not match what is on the hangtag because the L.01 denotes that this originally came on a black leather strap. The reference also denotes that the 42mm-wide stainless steel case has a brushed finish and a push-down crown. The watch comes with everything that was originally in the box when new, including the lightly used fitted strap with curved ends. Additional is the previously mentioned genuine brushed bracelet and three zulu straps with brushed hardware that match the case perfectly. The bracelet is currently sized for my 16.5cm (6½ inch) wrist, but there are four extra links that will add another 2.8cm (1⅛ inches)

I have owned this watch since early-2010. It has certainly not been a safe queen, but worn in rotation with a dozen other watches, although less so than some. The exception is that this was one of three watches that I took when I deployed to the Middle-East for eight months, so saw heavier use during that time. However, I was in a staff role, so it’s not like it was being dragged through the dirt. Based on the TimeZone rating system, I would rate this near mint or excellent, with the most noticeable fault being some rubbing on the lower part of the bezel. I have tried to capture in the photos the resultant slight colour change in the steel that is visible to the naked eye, but it just won’t show up. There are also light scratches on the outer anti-reflective coating of the crystal, but these are only visible at certain angles. On the other hand, the case, bracelet and buckle are close to perfect.

The price is US$1199, which includes tracked shipping to almost anywhere in the world.

Please enjoy the photos.

I’d prefer payment in AU$ (about AU$1570), but we can talk about that remembering that someone may have to pay for the exchange of currency. I’ll accept payment by direct deposit/wire transfer into my bank account or PayPal. I will also accept payment through a money order, bank cheque or personal cheque, provided you understand that I will not send the watch until the funds have cleared. Because there are fees involved in accepting payment through PayPal, a discount is offered if any other form of payment is used (varies depending on funding source and country). Extra insurance cover up to AU$5000 is available at the buyer expense at a rate of approximately AU$30 per AU$1000.

The watch is located in country New South Wales, so I doubt anyone would want to come and have a look or pick it up; however, if you do, you are more than welcome. Apart from that, I travel to Canberra almost weekly, so the watch can be inspected there too. The Australia Post website indicates 5-8 days to deliver to metropolitan areas of major cities in 200 countries around the world, but unless you live in one of the world’s major cities, I would factor in 10 working days to be safe.

Finally, I have mostly been a buyer of watches, and have rarely sold. That said, to give you peace of mind, I have proof (references?) of a few transactions that I can share, or you can look me up on eBay where I have been a member for 15 years with a 100% positive rating of 750. I’ll provide my eBay username on request.
arcadelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 August 2016, 08:01 PM   #2
arcadelt
"TRF" Member

Trades (or purchases) I am interested in:
  • Zenith Captain Blue Primero (Reference 032119400.22C)
  • Omega Speedmaster Japanese Limited Edition (Reference 3570.40)
  • Breitling Grand Premier (Reference A13024.1), but only with black dial and preferably on a bracelet
  • Tag Heuer Carrera Calibre 18 (Reference CAR221A.FC6353)
arcadelt is offline   Reply With Quote