The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: ROLEX (brand) watches

Old 7 February 2017, 06:09 AM   #1
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

FS: 1984 Rolex 16800 Matte Dial Submariner Date w/Box, Books, Service Paper

For Sale:
Rolex 16800 Submariner Date. Considered a transitional model because it pairs the classic vintage look of a factory matte dial with a modern sapphire crystal and case design. Serial number 8.3 million is circa 1984. This is a watch which I have owned for a few years in my personal collection and I probably wore it about once per month on average. The original dial has mostly faded to a pleasing charcoal hue, but there are a couple darker/blacker spots toward the bottom that are visible in bright sunlight. The hands are also original and match the dial lume perfectly, but the bezel insert is a modern service replacement.

Condition:
Condition is 91-92% “excellent” according to the TimeZone guidelines with only very subtle signs of wear except for a scratch on the insert and a ding on the 1 o’clock lug. Bracelet is the original 93150 with clasp code “I4” and 593 end pieces. There are 12 links total (11 installed and extra) which will fit a huge wrist. This watch was serviced in May 2014 by Rik Deitel at Timecare Inc, who is one of the tech experts on this forum. One quirk that I did want to mention is that sometimes when the date clicks over, the date numerals are not perfectly centered in the date window - they are skewed a little toward the top of the date window - which I have been told is a common idiosyncrasy of the 3035 movement.

Accessories:
Includes inner box, outer box, document holder, 3 booklets (all booklets are dated 1984), anchor, extra link, and service receipt.

Price & Terms:
$7000 includes domestic overnight shipping with insurance. Bank wire preferred but paypal may be considered if buyer is well established in the watch community and agrees to pay the 3% fee. No offers to trade, please.

As far as references, I have completed dozens of transactions with forum members and substantial positive feedback can be located by searching for my username "NKflyer" online or in the "who's who" section here on the forum. Please inquire if further info is needed regarding references.

No returns unless watch is significantly not as described so please view pics very carefully and take the time to read the description. Private message or email nkflyer@earthlink.net is the best way to contact me. Thanks!

NKflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 February 2017, 04:56 AM   #2
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

Bump
Old 11 February 2017, 11:56 PM   #3
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

Bump.
Old 15 February 2017, 06:21 AM   #4
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

Here are a couple natural/sunlight photos which some have requested.

Old 19 February 2017, 05:51 AM   #5
NKflyer
"TRF" Member

HUGE price drop!

$6400 with everything as shown

-or-

$6000 for the watch and service paper only.